Verified Hobbyist BCD guyeefawkes's Avatar
    Buddha “Nothing remains without change.”

Verified Hobbyist BCD Lovinglifeinaustin's Avatar
    RIP Mr Madden.
    James
    Loving life in Austin

Bummers, RIP sir Madden.
    To all the virgins out there "thanks for nothing."

The four food groups as penned by per sir FootLong: DFK, DATY, BBBJ, CFS.

P411 certified

Verified Hobbyist BCD Nutting Buckeye's Avatar
    RIP Coach Madden!!

Verified Hobbyist BCD DocHoliday's Avatar
    In a secret, heavliy defended, underground lair somewhere in the OH2 Badlands
    I fondly remember the days when the Steelers road to the Super Bowl went through or stopped in Oakland. JM knew football.
    Newbie members friendly. Troll inhospitable & I have an ever growing troll ignore list!!!
    I’m your Huckleberry and this hobby is just my game. Ladies, just say when!! #Pussy Posse founding member
    If you’re BSC, probably BSC, a drama Queen/King, WK or troll, DON’T PM me or post in my threads
    Thanks for your cooperation.
    Email for issues is support@ourhome2.net The verification process is HERE The review gremlin patch is HERE

Quote Originally Posted by DocHoliday View Post
    I fondly remember the days when the Steelers road to the Super Bowl went through or stopped in Oakland. JM knew football.
    Took awhile for Madden to finally beat those Steelers. RaiderNation!

Stabler & the boys handed Madden a great Victory against the Vikings. Thinking he made the NFL so popular with his game play by play

Registered Male (Not Verified) Viking14526's Avatar
    All time favorite John Madden quote 'Cowboys linemen are so big I bet every time Troy Aiken walks up to take the snap he feels like he is at a drive in movie.'
    I just want some sex so nasty that there will be absolutely no question that I’m going to hell.

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    I have VIVID memories of playing Madden games while being deployed, RIP to a legend.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Thanks for making the games so vivid.

HOME
    NFL
    John Madden best quotes: Top 10 of all-timeby Kendall CappsDecember 28, 2021john madden, john madden quotes, madden catch phrases
    Pro Football Hall of Fame coach, player, and broadcaster John Earl Madden passed away Tuesday morning. He passed away unexpectedly at the age of 85. Madden is an NFL legend who is synonymous with the sport itself.

ESPN’s NFL Insider Adam Schefter tweeted out the league’s announcement.

NFL legend John Madden died unexpected this morning. He was 85. pic.twitter.com/FoC1mAzoF6

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) December 29, 2021

He is well known for his coaching prowess. He coached the Oakland Raiders to Super Bowl XI, where they defeated the Minnesota Vikings, 32-14, capturing the team’s first championship. But his respect and admiration goes far beyond his coaching.

During his many years sportscasting, Madden developed the identity as one of the funnier broadcasters in sports history. Sometimes, his jokes or comments were intentionally funny. Other times they were hilarious for reasons that went beyond Madden himself. Some of the time, they were deeply inspirational.

Here is my list of the best John Madden quotes.

10. “If the quarterback throws the ball in the end zone, and the receiver catches it, it’s a touchdown.”

9. “When you’re playing good football, it’s good football and if you don’t have good football, then you’re not really playing good football.”

8. “If a guy doesn’t work hard and doesn’t play well, he can’t lead anything. All he is, is a talker.”

7. “I’ve always said that winning is the great deodorant. Conversely, when you have a bad record, everything stinks.”

6. “The defense should be expecting a run or a pass here.”

5. “The road to easy street goes through the sewer.”

4. “There’s a rule in sports. Don’t do anything great if you can’t handle congratulations.”

3. “Mark Brunell usually likes to soak his balls before a rainy game.”

2. “Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class and be humble.”

1. “At the end of the game, the team with the most points on the board is going to win.”

There are so many more amazing John Madden quotes I could have chosen. But these are my favorite. He imparted wisdom to so many people through his coaching, broadcasting and just living. He taught people about the game he loved and was passionate about. We all grieve with the loss of one of the most influential people in the history of the sport. RIP John Earl Madden.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Remember when the Niners were going for a historic three peat in the 1990 NFC championship game & Joe Montana was knocked out the game, but Steve Young came in & looked like he was going to lead the Niners to their third straight Super Bowl & then Roger Craig fumbled & the Giants drove down about 30 yards & kicked a winning field goal & ended the Niners three peat & their dynasty. But you can tell John Madden & Pat Summerall we're rooting for the Niners & they both uttered the famous words "There will be no 3 peat, there will be no 3 peat" #RIP to John Madden & Pat Summerall.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    No more " BOOM" in describing a play. RIP Coach.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Yesterday's Cowboy/Niner playoff game was eerie with the recent passing of John Madden because him & Summerall would always commentate that classic matchup. Could only imagine what Madden would have thought of that last play by Dak 🤔