Thread: 1 of Dallas' finest! Thinking of heading your way 🤔

Verified Companion Companion Kayla Foxx's Avatar

1 of Dallas' finest! Thinking of heading your way 🤔

Hey OK thinking of heading out that way for a few days & was wondering what areas are best to stay in? Also who would like to welcome me to town?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Verified Hobbyist BCD Okccannon's Avatar

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Las Colinas off 114 has a lot of location to choose from.

Verified Hobbyist BCD Lespaulmankc's Avatar
    From ECCIE Coed Discussions:

I am not sure who originally posted this. But whomever it was, thank you.

"Here's a standard blurb we have for the OKC area.

Along I-35 from SE 89 to SE 15 are budget hotels and lean toward blue collar workers (ie. construction workers) These hotels are also known to be havens for....well, you know.

Meridian and I-40 is just north of the airport and is the predominate Hotel row in the city. Business people galore and it is about 5 miles from "Bricktown" the entertainment district of OKC and the Basketball arena. Budget hotels and 4 stars can be found here as well as lots of restaurants and is reasonably pedestrian friendly. Stay south of I-40 but north of the airport hotel. North of I-40 is near strip clubs and LE watched. The airport hotel is isolated and has nothing nearby it.

Bricktown and Downtown: New Upscale hotels and classic remodeled historic hotels. Parking sucks but walking friendly and the nightclubs rock! If in Bricktown, you must walk the canal. The Land Rush Monument on the south end has blown away every visitor I have taken there. It is a must see. FYI, the Bricktown Hotel is at a truck stop and not in Bricktown and is a sucker buy for travelers that think they are getting a bargain in Bricktown.

NW Expressway had the Marriott, but its been converted to The Tower. There are various other upper end and luxury hotels with nearby shopping mall but is spread out. Parking friendly and 5 to 7 miles from downtown but car transportation is a must.

Quail Springs/Edmond Area. North side of town. Various Nice hotels, nearby shopping mall. Spread out but is Parking friendly and is considered a wealthier side of town. 10 miles from Bricktown.

122nd and I-35. Where the Turnpike to Tulsa and I-35 meet. Handful of low, low'ish hotels located here. Four truckstops and is 9 miles from Bricktown. Good news is: you can be in Tulsa in an Hour and Fifteen minutes if the mood hits or in downtown OKC in 15."
    Fucking Oklahoma 60 Minutes At A Time.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Quote Originally Posted by Lespaulmankc View Post
    From ECCIE Coed Discussions:

NW Expressway had the Marriott, but its been converted to The Tower. There are various other upper end and luxury hotels with nearby shopping mall but is spread out. Parking friendly and 5 to 7 miles from downtown but car transportation is a must.
    This section is out of date, The Tower (aka Marriott) has been renovated and is now Embassy Suites which I would call 4star.

There's several very good 3 star hotels nearby, one being La Quinta, another is TRU by Hilton both within 3 miles of the Embassy suites. Closer to the Penn Square mall, there's a Courtyard, Hyatt Place, Hampton Inn, and a Hilton garden Inn. All are close to good restaurants, shopping and free parking.
    Last edited by Client007; 11-07-2021 at 11:33 PM.