Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Elon Musk - Austin Bound!!!!

Retired Companion

Elon Musk - Austin Bound!!!!

He made it official - Tesla is coming to Austin. I am a huge fan of Elon Musk. Does anyone know where the plant in going to be? I think it's up in North Austin but not sure. I hope Austin appreciates this move by Musk because he made it and he can take it away.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    The giga factory has been under construction for a while (circa July 2020)
    He already lives here. Not sure on location but i'm pretty sure it's gated or complete opposite a tiny home.
    The only final official thing was in the shareholders meeting last Thursday or Friday he announced the headquarters would be moving here.
    His factories in Ca, Germany etc will all still continue to grow and update their battery technology.
    The housing around the giga factory has already jumped 45% and I believe it is out near COTA and ABIA just a bit North or if you were to cut it into quadrants
    think of ABIA in the SW, COTA SE and Tesla Giga in the NE quadrant.
    They broke ground on the giga factory July last year.

Verified Hobbyist BCD DocHoliday's Avatar
    In a secret, heavliy defended, underground lair somewhere in the OH2 Badlands
    OP, is the basis of your fanaticism grounded upon your belief he is a member here and interested in being a client of yours?

As stated above, the factory has been under construction for quite a while in East Austin off 130.
    Newbie members friendly. Troll inhospitable & I have an ever growing troll ignore list!!!
    I’m your Huckleberry and this hobby is just my game. Ladies, just say when!! #Pussy Posse founding member
    If you’re BSC, probably BSC, a drama Queen/King, WK or troll, DON’T PM me or post in my threads
    Thanks for your cooperation.
    Email for issues is support@ourhome2.net The verification process is HERE The review gremlin patch is HERE

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    I've read articles that he's renting a shack in Boca Chica and stays at a friends place in Austin. I believe he repeated this in the Tesla annual meeting last Thursday.

Verified Hobbyist BCD risn2theoccasion2's Avatar
    It certainly can’t hurt the business I’m in. I’m just concerned on how the everyday working stiff is going to be able to live here.
    Ask about any of my past encounters.

Rudeness is the weak persons imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer

Supporting selfish people is a waste of time and energy! They will always find an excuse to blame you for their own mistakes!
    ― Lily Amis

As you proceed through life, following your own path, birds will shit on you. Dont bother to brush it off. Getting a comedic view of your situation gives you spiritual distance. Having a sense of humor saves you.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Zero needs for concern. The issue is dead. Regular pay people no longer can afford to live in Austin.

At best in the very very low economic areas that are considered the ghetto/bario etc is where many live that are
    service industry etc.
    The new norm though will be that most will be living in the suburban apartment/rentals not in Austin.

This is not an opinion but fact. Rent on most leases is going up $300to $400 at minimum and outside investors are buying up
    a lot of residential properties to rent them out including a home across the street from me late last year and multiple houses for sale
    on my block for twice what the owners paid initially.

The new norm will be either rentals with 2 to 3 tenants sharing the rent or apartments with 2 or 3 bedrooms with tenants sharing the rent.

Otherwise if you aren't already locked in mortgage wise you will not be able to afford a house in Austin or Austin metro anymore.

One network had a story with video 2 months ago about how a couple sold their house in Austin above asking but quickly found out they couldn't
    find anything in Austin much less Leander/Pfluger/RR within their budget and the one house they did find in Leander they were out bid on and had
    to fall back to renting.

People moving here is not slowing down. I hear daily and weekly from those who are after a trip for a business meeting, ACL, F-1, bachelor/bachelorette party
    etc that they are now actively shopping for homes or apartments here and moving to Austin/Austin Metro. While the prices for locals is absurd it's still far below
    the asking price for Silicone Valley or NYC and so on.

The terminology being thrown around is that Austin is the new Silicone Valley or Bay area.
    If you aren't already in a mortgage for a property in the area you will find yourself moving soon further out or just moving period.

Verified Hobbyist BCD Green Eyed Shy Guy's Avatar
    The reason the cost of housing continues to increase is because Austin is full of money and really smart people. Jump on the wave while it is here and make as much money as you can. Don't be like the cry baby Austin musicians who whine about needing a hand out to pay their bills while they sleep and play video games. The problem for the musicians is pretty simple. Become a great musician and you won't have to worry about housing cost.

Verified Companion Companion Sue Nami's Avatar
    FYI this town is FULL of great musicians. I am friends with many. They work their asses off, they do not sleep all day and play videos games. I'm just curious, when is the last time u even went out and saw local music? the local music scene is based on tipping and not paying them a fair wage. crybaby austin musicians? SERIOUSLY?? makes me want to take you to see some real hardworking local musicans in the trenches and teach you a little bit about how this local music scene works, since you clearly have no idea or basis in reality for saying these grossly unfair stereotypes of hard working local musicans. I know these folks, they work hard. They are talented. They deserve to be able to afford to eat and live in the live music capitol of the world. I can not even believe you just said that. Philistine.

Busty, Sexy, Mature and into YOUR pleasure
    FBSM 140 Hh, 200 Hr / FETISH 160Hh, 240Hr

512-784-5951 sue_nami@protonmail.com
    Mon-Wed 10-7pm, Thrs 10-9pm, Fri-Sat 10-4pm (later by appt).
    off Sundays (maybe w/ advance notice)

I'm fully vaccinated, you be too.
    If you're anti-vax, we're not a good match!

due to new permitless carry law> NO GUNS ALLOWED
    READ THIS REVIEW> https://home.ourhome2.net/showthread...t=fucking+nami

Retired Companion
    I think Elon is going to do some amazing things for Austin. Sue, everyone has a right to their opioion. And newsflash - it's going to be different then yours. Personally, if musicans are not playing at the Erwin Center then I don't want to see those losers. And yes, there are a lot of freeloader muscians in Austin. Deal with it. Now back to my Elon Musk.

Verified Companion Companion Sue Nami's Avatar
    eye roll. of course you do Ellen.

Busty, Sexy, Mature and into YOUR pleasure
    FBSM 140 Hh, 200 Hr / FETISH 160Hh, 240Hr

512-784-5951 sue_nami@protonmail.com
    Mon-Wed 10-7pm, Thrs 10-9pm, Fri-Sat 10-4pm (later by appt).
    off Sundays (maybe w/ advance notice)

I'm fully vaccinated, you be too.
    If you're anti-vax, we're not a good match!

due to new permitless carry law> NO GUNS ALLOWED
    READ THIS REVIEW> https://home.ourhome2.net/showthread...t=fucking+nami

Verified Hobbyist BCD DocHoliday's Avatar
    In a secret, heavliy defended, underground lair somewhere in the OH2 Badlands
    I thought this thread was about some rich dude relocating to the Austin area. Notice I said area, not Austin. I doubt that he will plant his digs in Austin. More like Bastrop or near COTA, closer to his factory and away from the homeless.

I also know a little bit about how the local music scene works. It works exactly like SN said it does.

Retired Companion
    Yes, this thread is about Elon Musk - the richest man in the world. He will have the means,ability and motivation to turn Austin into a modern city and get away from that out dated hippie crap. There is nothing more pathatic than an old Austin hippie trying to be relevent still in this age and Elon can do away of that image of Austin. I wish he would run for mayor - he could make things happen. It's just in his nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Nami View Post
    FYI this town is FULL of great musicians. I am friends with many. They work their asses off, they do not sleep all day and play videos games. I'm just curious, when is the last time u even went out and saw local music? the local music scene is based on tipping and not paying them a fair wage. crybaby austin musicians? SERIOUSLY?? makes me want to take you to see some real hardworking local musicans in the trenches and teach you a little bit about how this local music scene works, since you clearly have no idea or basis in reality for saying these grossly unfair stereotypes of hard working local musicans. I know these folks, they work hard. They are talented. They deserve to be able to afford to eat and live in the live music capitol of the world. I can not even believe you just said that. Philistine.
    Sue, I love everything you post so what you said got me thinking instead of yapping. I don't go to music shows so I don't know anything about the music business. I do think it's stupid for the city to give musicians grants because there is no logical reason. In the private sector if you are really good at something the money will follow. Austin has so much disposable income that people have a choice. Go to Austin FC and drop $100 or go see a live show. Like I said, I don't know the business so I don't understand why the really good musician can't make a living in a city with so much money if the demand is there.

What I also don't understand is why in the hell state and local governments continue to give tens of millions of dollars to billionaires when they are coming to Austin anyways.

Retired Companion
    Apparently some people have a reading comprehension problem. This thread is about Elon Musk - not music. Let's stay on topic - and for the 3rd damn time it's - ELON MUSK. Jeeze, start another thread for any other discussion besides - ELON MUSK. You don't derail other peoples threads. You stay on topic.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast