Thread: Ray Ban and Facebook

Verified Hobbyist BCD guyeefawkes's Avatar
    Buddha “Nothing remains without change.”

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    That's too much. Who would want to use these, other than "social media influencers"?

I understand what you mean about missing the real moment. I guess I was an anomaly. I never owned a video recorder and never used a camera at kids soccer games, plays, graduations, birthday parties, etc. I still barely take a camera on vacation anymore and I am talking nice trips. I would rather enjoy the moment and the memories. I always thought those people with the video recorders or camera's should put them down and just soak in all the memories. I remember watching home movies my grandparents made - ouch!

Unfortunately, a lot of today's society lives through social media, facebook, twitter, etc.
    I guess I am still an anomaly - just sit back and enjoy the moments, life is precious and nobody wants to watch your homemade movies.

Verified Hobbyist BCD Precious_b's Avatar
    Rob, that is not an anomaly.
    Took a few videos of concerts back in the day. I have to say that doing my best at not having my camera smashed in the mosh pit subtracted from the overall experience and my memories are mostly through what I recorded. I'm sure I would have remembered more without the camera and I sure would have interacted being there than with the camera.
    Will always PM from this or the other site as initial contact.

My Huckleberry

Enjoy life!
    It is too short to sit around and watch movies of the past.
    Enjoy today - now!
    You can dream of your past memories while you sleep.