Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Thinking about y'all from Texas ahead of Hurricane Ida 🙏

Retired Companion
    Quote Originally Posted by Jillyclaire View Post
    You’re sweet to remember us. I evacuated after the storm. The weather man said it probably won’t be so bad in Nola, but it was fairly terrifying. I lost power that morning before the storm even made landfall. Waited it out and the next day I came to Texas. It’s been a journey. Currently looking for a good bagel shop in the Dallas area. Kiss ;)
    I wish I could recommend a good one for you in the big D, but that's not my area. If you make it down to San Antonio, hit me up! I know all the good spots!!! Much love to ya!!

Everyone else, you are an inspiration of fortitude and perseverance! I can't imagine the struggles you are facing and you're still here, being positive and kind. We need more of you solid folks in this world. Real talk.

Footfien... you're hero of the year helping get the power on for so many. Bravo my friend. I know it must be tireless, never ending work. Bra-fucking-VO man!.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Quote Originally Posted by Berry Skyes View Post
    I wish I could recommend a good one for you in the big D, but that's not my area. If you make it down to San Antonio, hit me up! I know all the good spots!!! Much love to ya!!

Everyone else, you are an inspiration of fortitude and perseverance! I can't imagine the struggles you are facing and you're still here, being positive and kind. We need more of you solid folks in this world. Real talk.

Footfien... you're hero of the year helping get the power on for so many. Bravo my friend. I know it must be tireless, never ending work. Bra-fucking-VO man!.
    Well thank you mam....we still have a lot of work ahead of us!!!

Retired Companion
    Quote Originally Posted by Footfein00 View Post
    Well thank you mam....we still have a lot of work ahead of us!!!
    I can't even imagine, friend. This world wouldn't tick without working hands like yours.

Mad respect!!! #TradesAreLife

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    You sound lim
    ke a really sweet lady!!thanks so much....lol i have to move into the "mancamp" tomorrow...12 men to a trailer.....communal showers....porta pottyz......for at least a week...maybe a month...But makeing some OT....soooo may go on a hobbie spreeee when its over LOL

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    I went down cleaning trees down near Houma. The scale of destruction down there is unfathomable. I am so thankful to have power back up here in Gretna, but damn.

2 of my 3 location sites that I had been working on before the storm in Edgard and Destrehan both took direct hits from the eye. Hopefully we'll get out there and assess the damage on the 16th.

Until then, I am just gonna keep volunteering my labor wherever I can be of assistance.

If you can donate there are lots of local aid groups on the ground who are getting direct assistance where it is needed.

20210909_132836.jpg

Volunteer work^ excellent & caring concept

I have been doing volunteer work for a hospital near me.
    Love it

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    Thank you!
    Giving back is such it's own reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Universal View Post
    I have been doing volunteer work for a hospital near me.
    Love it

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Quote Originally Posted by southerngaijin View Post
    I went down cleaning trees down near Houma. The scale of destruction down there is unfathomable. I am so thankful to have power back up here in Gretna, but damn.

2 of my 3 location sites that I had been working on before the storm in Edgard and Destrehan both took direct hits from the eye. Hopefully we'll get out there and assess the damage on the 16th.

Until then, I am just gonna keep volunteering my labor wherever I can be of assistance.

If you can donate there are lots of local aid groups on the ground who are getting direct assistance where it is needed.

20210909_132836.jpg
    Thays awesome...yeahhhh Houma is bad well be down bere im sure at least a nother month

Verified Companion Companion The Water Company ~'s Avatar
    ^ Holding space for ya Footfein. Be safe while there!

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Footfein, sent you a PM, let me know!

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Crap MikeD, holy shit, I am speechless and Medieval comes to mind...

Like I said, the best, and worst, will reveal.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Quote Originally Posted by AllenWaters View Post
    Footfein, sent you a PM, let me know!
    Cajun navy or one of theocal churches

Verified Companion Companion The Water Company ~'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeD77 View Post
    One of the contractors replacing poles
    just read the article. glad the parasite was arrested

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4