View Poll Results: Will you embrace Constitutional Carry?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • I already have a CHL and carry.

15 33.33%
  • I will now begin to carry under the new law.

4 8.89%
  • I have always carried a firearm, CHL or not.

5 11.11%
  • I will not carry a firearm.

21 46.67%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The other change in the law Sept 1st.

Registered Male (Not Verified) Seldom_Seen_Smith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovinglifeinaustin View Post
    I had all the gun play fun I needed in the army. The only gun I ever owned was handed down by my grandfather, and I gave to my oldest son.

I feel sorry for people who feel the need to carry for protection. But I can certainly understand any provider wanting to carry. I’ve known plenty that do, and I sympathize with them.

And I’m sorry, but I think that open carry is daft. I haven’t seen any deer strolling down Congress Ave. And the notion that you might need it is goofy. By the time you know you need it, it’s probably too late.

I support the second amendment. But even the members of the best well regulated militias leave their weapons at the armory when they hit the town.

I can't remember where I heard it but there's an old saying, when guns were only revolvers and no automatics:
    If you're going to carry a gun, make sure to put a hundred dollar bill in one of the chambers to pay for your funeral expenses.

Seldom Seen Smith

Verified Hobbyist BCD Lovinglifeinaustin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Seldom_Seen_Smith View Post
    I can't remember where I heard it but there's an old saying, when guns were only revolvers and no automatics:
    If you're going to carry a gun, make sure to put a hundred dollar bill in one of the chambers to pay for your funeral expenses.

Seldom Seen Smith
    I like that. A little bit like the man who lives by the sword dies by the sword.
    James
    Loving life in Austin

Verified Hobbyist BCD DocHoliday's Avatar
    In a secret, heavliy defended, underground lair somewhere in the OH2 Badlands
    When I’m hobbying, I go in with more than just my cock in hand. I have experienced enough rough BS for this lifetime. Enough said.
    Newbie members friendly. Troll inhospitable & I have an ever growing troll ignore list!!!
    I’m your Huckleberry and this hobby is just my game. Ladies, just say when!! #Pussy Posse founding member
    If you’re BSC, probably BSC, a drama Queen/King, WK or troll, DON’T PM me or post in my threads
    Thanks for your cooperation.
    Email for issues is support@ourhome2.net The verification process is HERE The review gremlin patch is HERE

Verified Hobbyist BCD InTheWind's Avatar
    I enjoy shooting. It is a great sport/hobby.
    I enjoy hunting and eating what I take.
    Training and practice are necessary. Sorry video games don’t count.
    The right to bear arms is not limited to the privileged elites.
    When survival depends upon being able to defend oneself or others, I do not want deaths on my conscious for needing to wait the 10 minutes for a government employee to show up. I hope all my neighbors feel the same.
    Clitoris Connoisseur

Verified Hobbyist BCD Adonisman's Avatar
    I already carry when I travel. I had my CHL back in the late 90's let it expire when I moved to Austin area. Now I will carry again. In fact I am shopping now for a new Glock with a 4" barrel or less.

Verified Companion Companion AlexandraSand's Avatar
    Between Austin & San Antonio, San Marvelous incall
    I feel sorry for guys, who think, that they need to carry a gun, when going to see a girl.
    But then again, you get what you seek. If you seek danger, bring your gun. Bring your tank too. Who knows, maybe you will need it, LOL!
    Your Gorgeous European Seductress
    San Marcos upscale incall with sexy atmosphere. Outcall - maybe- please ask.

1 hour Coffee date 500 2 hour Champagne adventure 900 Introduction and Full Body Sensual Massage L1 250/L2 300
    Pegging 1hr 500 Foot fetish friendly!

No review. Available to Generous Gentleman 45+
    https://preferred411.com/P282315
    Reviews here: https://eccie.net/showthread.php?t=2512141

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    I carry because I choose to carry. I hope NEVER to unholster in anger. I hope to pass on my .45 having never fired it in anger. But that being said, if some a**hole decides to shoot up my location, I intend to end it quickly before they can reload. I prefer to do that at range, not within knife fighting distance. That being said my EDC blade can do the job quite well also. I train in scenarios of being unarmed, no cover/concealment, rapid fire fire, etc. I am confident that I will panic, have adrenaline flooding my system, and still be accurate enough to avoid hitting a bystander. Hopefully, this will never come to pass, but the news carries stories of where the presence of an aware, ARMED individual stopped a killer in their tracks from causing more than the original damage.
    I intend to live forever or die trying.

Verified Hobbyist BCD risn2theoccasion2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexandraSand View Post
    I feel sorry for guys, who think, that they need to carry a gun, when going to see a girl.
    But then again, you get what you seek. If you seek danger, bring your gun. Bring your tank too. Who knows, maybe you will need it, LOL!
    In light of Ms Alexandra’s post, those who do carry while seeing a lady have an even greater risk if arrested. Solicitation will now be a Felony. You don’t want to get caught possessing a firearm while committing a felony. That’s a totally different ballgame.
    Ask about any of my past encounters.

Rudeness is the weak persons imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer

Supporting selfish people is a waste of time and energy! They will always find an excuse to blame you for their own mistakes!
    ― Lily Amis

As you proceed through life, following your own path, birds will shit on you. Dont bother to brush it off. Getting a comedic view of your situation gives you spiritual distance. Having a sense of humor saves you.

Verified Hobbyist BCD NativeAmerican's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexandraSand View Post
    It’s more about who she might have with her

Verified Companion Companion Sue Nami's Avatar
    just to clarify, of the 50% of you planning on carrying a gun, are u planning on carrying them into hobby sessions? will you show up armed at appointments with providers?

Busty, Sexy, Mature and into YOUR pleasure
    FBSM 140 Hh, 200 Hr / FETISH 160Hh, 240Hr

512-784-5951 sue_nami@protonmail.com
    Mon-Wed 10-7pm, Thrs 10-9pm, Fri-Sat 10-4pm (later by appt).
    off Sundays (maybe w/ advance notice)

I'm fully vaccinated, you be too.
    If you're anti-vax, we're not a good match!

due to new permitless carry law> NO GUNS ALLOWED
    READ THIS REVIEW> https://home.ourhome2.net/showthread...t=fucking+nami

Verified Hobbyist BCD risn2theoccasion2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sue Nami View Post
    just to clarify, of the 50% of you planning on carrying a gun, are u planning on carrying them into hobby sessions? will you show up armed at appointments with providers?
    I will never carry a weapon into someone’s home or residence without their knowledge, or permission.
    Ask about any of my past encounters.

Rudeness is the weak persons imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer

Supporting selfish people is a waste of time and energy! They will always find an excuse to blame you for their own mistakes!
    ― Lily Amis

As you proceed through life, following your own path, birds will shit on you. Dont bother to brush it off. Getting a comedic view of your situation gives you spiritual distance. Having a sense of humor saves you.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    I will not do this poll. What I will say is, I have a CHL, and that is for reason. BUT, I WILL NEVER CARRY INTO A HOBBY SESSION!!!!!

The FIVE biggest lessons I learned from most excellent instructors:
    1) if you are angry, you are likely not justified to use force - YOU WILL BE CHARGED
    2) if you are afraid for your life, or the life of others, you might be justified to use force. YOU STILL MAY BE CHARGED
    3) if you can run, any opportunity at all, take that option - OTHERWISE YOU WILL BE CHARGED
    4) the intent must always be - Stop the Threat, and only that - OTHERWISE YOU WILL BE CHARGED
    5) if you ever find yourself in a situation where use OF DEADLY FORCE is required for self-defense - YOUR LIFE WILL FOREVER BE CHANGED.

There is some wisdom here in these posts. Risn2theoccasion2 is spot-on, and not only that - why??? Damn, if you feel there is that much risk, as with going into shady bars, then I put to you, that you are a FOOL. Do your research well, vet the providers, network here on OH2.

It really is insanity if anyone thinks carrying into a hobby session is justified!

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    To all, I want to apologize if I offended any of my fellow hobbyists in my response. I have given this some further thought. I understand both sides. I am aware there is a darker, more risky side of the hobby, that I was exposed to more than once, and I will personally will avoid at all costs, one big reason I joined OH2.

I apologize for resorting to name calling, and the all-caps, that was wrong of me. My sincere intent was to defend the very valid concerns of Companions. Re-Thinking, I also have met companions who openly have firearms available and at the ready; Somewhat disconcerting to a 1st time meeting, and definitely requires some attention to eliminate fear (both parties). I am sure there are others that carry (and for valid reason) and do not share, there is risk in that knowledge as well.

Defend yourself, do no harm, yes, place others in harms way in the Hobby, never. Thank you for your time and considerstaion!

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    I have never been in a situation where I needed a handgun. What I have found is that having a cell phone and being able to call the police has been a better option. It just doesn't seem practical to me.

I can't imagine carrying a handgun into an appointment. If I thought I might need that, then why would I schedule with that provider in the first place?

Those who do carry thinking that they will stop some crime in progress should read about what happened in Arvada, CO when someone did just that: they were fatally shot by the police. https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/26/us/ar...tan/index.html

Verified Hobbyist BCD RustyBalls's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ProSlacker View Post
    Those who do carry thinking that they will stop some crime in progress should read about what happened in Arvada, CO when someone did just that: they were fatally shot by the police. https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/26/us/ar...tan/index.html
    While assigned to Europe in the military, we were trained to NOT try to intervene or "help" police during an attack. While we were trained/expert on many weapons and quite capable of helping put down an active shooter or terrorist attack, all the police would see is "someone with a gun who is not a cop" in middle of a fire fight--bang bang, you're dead.

Get down, stay down and play dead until the shooting stops. And then, don't make any sudden moves, and keep your hands in sight until the scene has been secured by first responders.
    <RustyBalls

"Double Vaccinated and Multi-Boosted" for your hobby pleasure.

10 years in the hobby and 170+ reviews on Eccie lost in upgrade

Ladies, please contact RustyBalls anytime for the "Paladin Experience."

"Have Cock, Will Travel."

I prefer hobby in North ATX and the Domain/Arboretum area.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast