View Poll Results: Will you embrace Constitutional Carry?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • I already have a CHL and carry.

15 33.33%
  • I will now begin to carry under the new law.

4 8.89%
  • I have always carried a firearm, CHL or not.

5 11.11%
  • I will not carry a firearm.

21 46.67%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The other change in the law Sept 1st.

Verified Hobbyist BCD risn2theoccasion2's Avatar

The other change in the law Sept 1st.

Another major change in Texas Law Sept. 1st is Constitutional Carry. This means, as long as you have no disqualifying elements in your background, you can now carry a handgun legally without a CHL. I would do my research because CHL holders have a few more privileges not granted to the Non-CHL holder. You also want to make sure you know how, when and where you are allowed to carry.

Just curious, how many of you will start to carry now? How many of you have already been carrying with a CHL?

Poll is private. Please keep politics out of the discussion. Keep any comments civil. I don’t want this to become a pissing match.
    Last edited by risn2theoccasion2; 08-20-2021 at 07:19 AM.
    Ask about any of my past encounters.

Rudeness is the weak persons imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer

Supporting selfish people is a waste of time and energy! They will always find an excuse to blame you for their own mistakes!
    ― Lily Amis

As you proceed through life, following your own path, birds will shit on you. Dont bother to brush it off. Getting a comedic view of your situation gives you spiritual distance. Having a sense of humor saves you.

Verified Hobbyist BCD KosherCowboy's Avatar
    I voted ' I will not carry' but as to the reasons why it's impossible to discuss without crossing the political line or offering opinions on guns or gun laws etc. Speaking only for myself and not others ( keeping it civil as you say) I can just say ' I have proudly never owned a gun, I will proudly never own a gun and I see no need for myself to ever purchase/own/carry/use a gun'

I definitely respect your personal choice on the matter.

Supporting selfish people is a waste of time and energy! They will always find an excuse to blame you for their own mistakes!
    ― Lily Amis

As you proceed through life, following your own path, birds will shit on you. Dont bother to brush it off. Getting a comedic view of your situation gives you spiritual distance. Having a sense of humor saves you.

KC,

Much better to have and not need than to need and not have.
    Hopeless Romantic with a Twisted Mind and High Standards

Verified Hobbyist BCD KosherCowboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdot1 View Post
    KC,

Much better to have and not need than to need and not have.
    If you would like to discuss ' guns' feel free to PM me or maybe start a new thread ( if we are allowed in the Locker Room ?? ) and I would be more than happy to lay it out to the extent the board would permit me too. Your comment is fair game and in line with discussions on guns but for now why not keep this thread in line w R2R's request to not turn this political which is really no different than opinions and exactly why I replied w a statement only answering the OP's question nothing else. Your comment IS worthy of a reply but won't be in this thread. All good. In the proper thread if opportunity presents will happily address your thoughts.

Completely unnecessary to continue dialogue. You do you, I’ll do me.
    Hopeless Romantic with a Twisted Mind and High Standards

Verified Companion Companion Sue Nami's Avatar
    now i am going to have to add another line in my signature line that says NO GUNS ALLOWED. If i see a gun, the session is over and you are asked to leave. My apartment, my rules. NO GUNS.
    Last edited by Sue Nami; 08-20-2021 at 10:00 AM.

Busty, Sexy, Mature and into YOUR pleasure
    FBSM 140 Hh, 200 Hr / FETISH 160Hh, 240Hr

512-784-5951 sue_nami@protonmail.com
    Mon-Wed 10-7pm, Thrs 10-9pm, Fri-Sat 10-4pm (later by appt).
    off Sundays (maybe w/ advance notice)

I'm fully vaccinated, you be too.
    If you're anti-vax, we're not a good match!

due to new permitless carry law> NO GUNS ALLOWED
    READ THIS REVIEW> https://home.ourhome2.net/showthread...t=fucking+nami

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    I have owned the same gun for over 30 years it's never let me down, and it provides me the exact service I want to use it for.

Granted, it's a NES Light Zapper, and I need to keep a CRT TV to use it, but I'm totally aces at shooting those ducks down. I can carry it whereever I want.

Registered Male (Not Verified) Seldom_Seen_Smith's Avatar
    I own guns but ... won't carry.
    The fact is that if someone is somewhere and a situation develops that they need to pull it it becomes a HUGE high stress situation.
    In that type of situation someone like a cop or someone in the armed services are trained to handle that kind of stress ... civilians, not so much.
    Seems like in that type of situation innocent people are the ones that wind up getting hurt ... or worse.
    I really don't want that on my conscience.

If this is against TOF then please remove. Thanks!

Seldom Seen Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Nami View Post
    now i am going to have to add another line in my signature line that says NO GUNS ALLOWED. If i see a gun, the session is over and you are asked to leave. My apartment, my rules. NO GUNS.
    As a business professional, you should make your wishes known. Kudos for being proactive.

― Lily Amis

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Quote Originally Posted by SubClubKid81 View Post
    I have owned the same gun for over 30 years it's never let me down, and it provides me the exact service I want to use it for.

Granted, it's a NES Light Zapper, and I need to keep a CRT TV to use it, but I'm totally aces at shooting those ducks down. I can carry it whereever I want.
    Haha but....can you shoot those frisbees?

Not as well as the ducks.

Retired Companion
    Yep - no politics. I own a gun and I carry it. I also know how to shoot it. Ladies, gun ranges are excellent ways to meet guys. Escpecially if you are into the dominate /alpha types - which I love! I do not have a license but if it goes back to that I can get one. That's a non issue for me. God blessed Texas!!!

I saw a provider once that asked politely for me not to bring the firearm into the session. I complied by placing it in a secure place in my trunk. No issues.

HOWEVER, that being said, unless the provider states 'no firearms' beforehand, I will be bringing my sidearm with me. It stays holstered the entire time. I go (almost, The VA in Temple being one place I don't) everywhere strapped for my own protection. I have had more folks ask me 'Is that a 1911?' more than those that avoid me. I have an LTC (no longer CHL in state and has not been for a few years) and support taking the class for everyone, even if you never intend to own or carry. The legal ramifications of just owning a firearm are numerous but fairly easy to understand. You learn about 'castle doctrine' aka stand your ground. You learn what can and shouldn't be done with a firearm. You learn that a longarm requires no permit and can be carried almost everywhere (provided you want to be hassled by LEO's everywhere).
    I intend to live forever or die trying.

Verified Hobbyist BCD Lovinglifeinaustin's Avatar
    I had all the gun play fun I needed in the army. The only gun I ever owned was handed down by my grandfather, and I gave to my oldest son.

I feel sorry for people who feel the need to carry for protection. But I can certainly understand any provider wanting to carry. I’ve known plenty that do, and I sympathize with them.

And I’m sorry, but I think that open carry is daft. I haven’t seen any deer strolling down Congress Ave. And the notion that you might need it is goofy. By the time you know you need it, it’s probably too late.

I support the second amendment. But even the members of the best well regulated militias leave their weapons at the armory when they hit the town.
    James
    Loving life in Austin

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast