Thread: Auto mechanics

Verified Companion Companion Vivian Gates's Avatar

Auto mechanics

Why is it that most places give you a quote … and then after you drop off your vehicle suddenly there is another 500.00 worth of work that needs some !!! And since my car is already pulled apart to fix problem A I basically have no choice but to pay for the rest !!! With that said . I need a great play day !!! I NEED my car back .. ugh help a lady out yall
    If it's Dreamable...It's Feasible

P140312

Available from Biloxi to New Orleans

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Auto mechanics are worse than salesman. Typically, whatever they add to be fixed does not really need fixing and you being a woman are a prime target for not knowing any better. I never let them touch my car beyond what I brought in for. I always tell them when I drop it off, if you find more wrong with it then I suspect and it tru;y needs fixing I will bring to another garage so you will be helping your competition. They still do it though, lol. BTW you have some really nice legs!!

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    In all fairness some things are not truly detectible until the prior part is dismantled.

Surgeons have the same problem.... which is why laparoscopic surgery is converted to an open procedure while you are under anesthetic.

The difference is surgeons have 42 pages of disclaimers which explain all the potential things that commonly go wrong and the outcomes whereas car repair peeps don't.

Quote Originally Posted by aNameInGulfport View Post
    In all fairness some things are not truly detectible until the prior part is dismantled.

Surgeons have the same problem.... which is why laparoscopic surgery is converted to an open procedure while you are under anesthetic.

The difference is surgeons have 42 pages of disclaimers which explain all the potential things that commonly go wrong and the outcomes whereas car repair peeps don't.
    The above is correct but there are a lot of less than reputable guys turning wrenches who have no issue taking advantage of a customer. There are some decent guys that I trust but I have been fucked before in the past. I always ask around about a shop before I give them my business. I suggest anyone paying for repairs on anything do their due diligence before blindly turning over their property for repair. This goes for any trade really from the guy who cuts your grass to the guy who changes the injectors on your diesel pickup. BTW the same is true for ******s dont go in blind ask around before going in.

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    Quote Originally Posted by Computerwise View Post
    Auto mechanics are worse than salesman. Typically, whatever they add to be fixed does not really need fixing and you being a woman are a prime target for not knowing any better. I never let them touch my car beyond what I brought in for. I always tell them when I drop it off, if you find more wrong with it then I suspect and it tru;y needs fixing I will bring to another garage so you will be helping your competition. They still do it though, lol. BTW you have some really nice legs!!

This is completely incorrect .. those places are the oil shops and hole in the wall places . I've been a dealership technician for almost 16 years and if I ever see anyone trying to shake down customers .. I make sure they lose their jobs . The average technician doesn't do this .

Not all stealerships are created equal either. There are some service managers who routinely fuck over people to keep their numbers up in the service department. I think overall a dealership is the better choice based off the fact that they have factory trained techs factory diagnostic equipment and shop tools most other places wont have access to. I would still ask around about their reputation before bringing my car to one though.

Not only does Viv have nice legs the rest of her is pretty spectacular also. Its so nice that she should post more pics for us old horny bastards especially of those tig ole bitties of hers. As a matter of fact all the ladies who post here should start a thread where they post weekly pics of their sexy ass selves to help get us guys through the days between when we get lucky enough to actually spend one on one time with them. I could literally look at viv and kiki's fine ass tits all day long.

Quote Originally Posted by Thatautotech View Post
    This is completely incorrect .. those places are the oil shops and hole in the wall places . I've been a dealership technician for almost 16 years and if I ever see anyone trying to shake down customers .. I make sure they lose their jobs . The average technician doesn't do this .