Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: taco and food places to try in Austin

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Rosita's Al Pastor if you want really authentic good stuff. Also any place in Lamar and Runberg area. Throw a rock and it'll probably land on a taco truck because there's a plethora of them. Bunch of them are good. El tacorrido is my favorite. These are authentic Mexican. If you want tex mex, the recommendations that have been mentioned are ok.

Verified Hobbyist BCD KosherCowboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aramis View Post
    Rosita's Al Pastor if you want really authentic good stuff. Also any place in Lamar and Runberg area. Throw a rock and it'll probably land on a taco truck because there's a plethora of them. Bunch of them are good. El tacorrido is my favorite. These are authentic Mexican. If you want tex mex, the recommendations that have been mentioned are ok.
    That is my favorite place too ; I get the al pastor there only. Actually went today, ate six of them. I also upon landing at the aiport the other night went there was craving them the entire 11 hour flight home. Authentic is right. The other place I go is the food truck park on Braker at the Sunoco station near Q2 park. At these trucks I get the al pastor but also the steak fajitas. Several trucks are there all very good. Given your afficionado for El taccorido and labeling the other suggestions as Ok Tex-Mex I will follow your lead and try this Rosita's next time down south...

In the time I was at El Tacorrido 18-19 cars must have passed thru on top of the foot traffic; at $2,50 a taco that place is a cash cow that owner is raking in some serious cash.

I love tacos 🌮 especially the pink wet sloppy ones mmmm

Verified Companion Companion Champagne Brown's Avatar
    I love Juan In A million!

They have great menudo, and then they have a taco that has everything on it, and oh my god it's like heaven.

Verified Hobbyist BCD Lovinglifeinaustin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Champagne Brown View Post
    I love Juan In A million!

They have great menudo, and then they have a taco that has everything on it, and oh my god it's like heaven.
    I’ve only been there once, but yes it was good.

I’m like Will Rogers. I’ve never met a taco I didn’t like.
    James
    Loving life in Austin

Registered Male (Not Verified) Shmafty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovinglifeinaustin View Post
    Tacos are like sex: even when they're bad, they're still pretty good

Verified Companion Companion Champagne Brown's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovinglifeinaustin View Post
    I’ve only been there once, but yes it was good.

My cousin's put me on that place, as I was looking for sausage, egg, and cheese tacos which is very hard to find. Most places do the sausage link and I don't like the sausage link breakfast tacos.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2