Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What are you investing in?

Verified Hobbyist BCD NativeAmerican's Avatar

What are you investing in?

I know this Community has a fair share of intelligent and wealthy people. For those who are willing to share, what are some of the short and long-term investments you made, or strongly considering?

Verified Hobbyist BCD Green Eyed Shy Guy's Avatar
    I'm avoiding LTR because the short run ROI is very low. Instead, I'm making regular contributions to a unique AMP fund, and the dividends are fantastic.
    Last edited by Green Eyed Shy Guy; 08-09-2021 at 09:05 AM.

Verified Hobbyist BCD KosherCowboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NativeAmerican View Post
    I know this Community has a fair share of intelligent and wealthy people. For those who are willing to share, what are some of the short and long-term investments you made, or strongly considering?
    It's such a loaded situation that w/o specifics like current net worth, married or single, dependents, desire to leave a legacy behind, future college costs if have kids or perhaps you are already retired wondering what to do w your funds. It's a question that simply can't be answered w the stroke of a few broad brushes from others who will all be in different boats every investor or one managing their money is unique. If I had to give a blanket answer I would say ' it's time in the market NOT timing the market' basically stick it in equities with a mix of bonds ( long and short maturities) it has been a winning formula for most I know. Bonds are your safety net your Condom so to say in the event of anything bad that comes along. The mix of equity/bonds/cash will revert back your goals and risk assessment. Keep in mind when the market is angry it takes the elevator down with few stops when it is happy it climbs the stairs the good news is historically the market is up more than it is down and down markets have a shorter duration which is why long term too much cash /bonds is not wise unless you are older in retirement and spending down as the need for equity vanishes unless you have people to leave an inheritance too or you choose to take on less risk which might mean a higher % of bonds mixed between Corporate, Goverment etc. Don't forget emerging markets either their performance has been outstanding.

My advise is to get a financial adviser others would argue a waste of money but that is a different debate/subject than this. Here is a fun tool although VERY basic. Monte Carlo simulations for the most part. https://retirementplans.vanguard.com...estEggCalc.jsf

And if you want to really pack yourself w knowledge read this book and you can read the chapters out of order...I am putting in an additional book as it is often discussed in investment/retirement forums...

https://www.amazon.com/Bogleheads-Gu...18921283&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/How-Retire-Ha...=books&sr=1-16

Good luck, happy investing and enjoy your retirement when it arrives.

Verified Hobbyist BCD Lovinglifeinaustin's Avatar
    One of the best investment books written, by Warren Buffet’s mentor.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FC12C8...ng=UTF8&btkr=1

And another.

https://www.amazon.com/Random-Walk-D...a-854126204105
    James
    Loving life in Austin

Thanks for the replies guys, I have a good book collection so I will definitely purchase all of these except “the intelligent investor” which I already have.

And you’re right, it is a loaded question. I suppose I was more referring to financial, Not family, education, or skills. I have a good friend that is a financial advisor, and I am strongly feeling I will hire him by November

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    I have a chunk in a robo-advisor and then most of the rest in mutual funds for Utilities, High-yield bonds, Banking, Healthcare, International, and S&P 500 - I use index funds when applicable.

With the march toward canabis legalization, I have been thinking about putting $2k each in about 5 different mutual funds and ETFs for that segment.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Investing in PLTR , UPST, BLND, DIS , MTTR , JOBY

Verified Hobbyist BCD DocHoliday's Avatar
    In a secret, heavliy defended, underground lair somewhere in the OH2 Badlands
    With new laws kicking in and inflation heading skyward, I suggest investing in sex dolls.

https://anniesdollhouse.com/?msclkid...3dc7bac17098a1
    Newbie members friendly. Troll inhospitable & I have an ever growing troll ignore list!!!
    I’m your Huckleberry and this hobby is just my game. Ladies, just say when!! #Pussy Posse founding member
    If you’re BSC, probably BSC, a drama Queen/King, WK or troll, DON’T PM me or post in my threads
    Thanks for your cooperation.
    Email for issues is support@ourhome2.net The verification process is HERE The review gremlin patch is HERE

Quote Originally Posted by DocHoliday View Post
    With new laws kicking in and inflation heading skyward, I suggest investing in sex dolls.

https://anniesdollhouse.com/?msclkid...3dc7bac17098a1
    And with no into the pandemic in sight, plus girls are fine being single & also working from home selling feet pictures on onlyfans.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by randomg View Post
    Investing in PLTR , UPST, BLND, DIS , MTTR , JOBY
    Thank you! I was wondering who played in stocks and willing to share here.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Given the little time I devote to it, just throw my cash at index funds and let it sit.

If I had the time, I'd be active in liquid index options (OEX or SPX).

Throw a little disposable income at AMC or GME.
    Fun short squeeze plays.
    No fundamentals
    Buy and hold.
    She's a kind girl, the kind I'd like to.......
    Details on P411
    MFC charter member

Verified Companion Companion AlexandraSand's Avatar
    Between Austin & San Antonio, San Marvelous incall
    I am investing in Oil & Gas companies this year.
    Your Gorgeous European Seductress
    San Marcos upscale incall with sexy atmosphere. Outcall - maybe- please ask.

1 hour Coffee date 500 2 hour Champagne adventure 900 Introduction and Full Body Sensual Massage L1 250/L2 300
    Pegging 1hr 500 Foot fetish friendly!

No review. Available to Generous Gentleman 45+
    https://preferred411.com/P282315
    Reviews here: https://eccie.net/showthread.php?t=2512141

Quote Originally Posted by Slitlikr View Post
    Throw a little disposable income at AMC or GME.
    Fun short squeeze plays.
    No fundamentals
    Buy and hold.
    I’ve been doing a lot of reading about AMC. The potential is insane, and I’ve invested much more than I normally would for a short squeeze. I’m definitely holding!

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    I’m long on Bitcoin. I’m pumping up my Bitcoin holdings with regular weekly buys and am also regularly adding to about 5-6 other cryptos I like. I’m a buy and HODL at this point. Sky is the limit.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Quote Originally Posted by death_by_cp View Post
    I’m long on Bitcoin. I’m pumping up my Bitcoin holdings with regular weekly buys and am also regularly adding to about 5-6 other cryptos I like. I’m a buy and HODL at this point. Sky is the limit.

It doesn't just work with crypto, it's a good strategy for any investment that's liquid.

For those of us that have US citizenship or have to pay taxes in the US, be aware of the IRS regulations regarding your investment choices. If you wish to renounce your US citizenship, make your arrangements and do it before you are worth a few million.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast