Thread: Austin back on stage 3 and the vaccines don't appear to stop the delta variant.

Registered Male (Not Verified)

Austin back on stage 3 and the vaccines don't appear to stop the delta variant.

This is confirmed by a friend who has a family member that is apparently high up in HHS here in Austin, who siad they saw 7 people in one location this morning who were infected with the delta variant that had been vaccinated and sent 3 to the hospital.

We are fucked if this is true.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Did they have the ages of the people affected? One thing if it's older and/or with health issues. Another, if it's younger people.

I'm pretty much acting like this summer will be the last of our "freedom" for a while, and we will be back in some sort of "social distancing" by fall. I'm hoping I'm wrong.
    I am here for discussion only, not solicitation of any services.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Almost all of the hospitalized patients are unvaccinated, said Dr. Desmar Walkes, Austin-Travis County health authority. Officials urged residents to get their shot if they haven't yet, saying that vaccination is the best way to stop spread of the virus.
    Play it safe out there.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Having a breakdown by demographics, age, pre-existing pulmonary condition, for those hospitalized, would help greatly.
    I am here for discussion only, not solicitation of any services.

Verified Hobbyist BCD GneissGuy's Avatar

COVID status

You can become infected, even if fully vaxxed. We've always known that. Even before Delta.

Comparing vaxxed to unvaxxed:

You are much less likely to become infected at all.

If you do become infected, you're much less likely to become seriously ill.

You are even less likely to require hospitalization.

Even if you require hospitalization, you are much less likely to die.

i.e. Get your damn shot!

Pfizer or Moderna are probably better, especially in terms of Delta.

------

It does not appear that Delta is a lot better at bypassing the vaccine than COVID classic.

Yet.

Delta is probably a lot better in general at spreading.

------

Something around 99% of the recent COVID deaths are among the unvaccinated.

Something around 97% of the recent hospital COVID admits are unvaccinated.

-----

Cases are increasing at a really scary rate. We're about 3x the number of daily cases vs. one month ago. (Texas or USA). It's speeding up. We're about 1.8x the number of cases we had 1 week ago for Texas.

We're currently around 1/5 of the peak rate in January, but don't forget that it was really bad back then.

Death rates have not increased very much yet, but they tend to peak later than total cases. Personally, I expect lower death rates per case than before last time because more older people are vaxxed, and Delta may be a bit better at infecting the young vs. COVID classic.

It's worth being a little more COVID cautious again. Less risk if you're vaxxed, but there's still some risk.

-----

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/ is where I go for info on case rates and deaths.
    Be Gneiss Gnow...

^^^^ What he said.

Personally, I won't see a provider that isn't fully vaccinated or that has a low standard for entrance (no pun intended) i.e., newbie friendly, QV's, B&G's, etc. "Low volume" has no meaning. I read a P411 profile where the provider touted that she was "extremely low volume, I only see 2-3 gentlemen A DAY", WTF??? LOL!!! I prefer to see providers that screen, screen, screen and see 2 - 3 gentlemen A MONTH.

Retired Companion
    I agree. When someone says something it's 95% effective that does not mean it's 100% effective. I'm surprised at how many folks don't get that. Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by GneissGuy View Post
    You can become infected, even if fully vaxxed. We've always known that. Even before Delta.

Comparing vaxxed to unvaxxed:

You are much less likely to become infected at all.

If you do become infected, you're much less likely to become seriously ill.

You are even less likely to require hospitalization.

Even if you require hospitalization, you are much less likely to die.

i.e. Get your damn shot!

Pfizer or Moderna are probably better, especially in terms of Delta.

------

It does not appear that Delta is a lot better at bypassing the vaccine than COVID classic.

Yet.

Delta is probably a lot better in general at spreading.

------

Something around 99% of the recent COVID deaths are among the unvaccinated.

Something around 97% of the recent hospital COVID admits are unvaccinated.

-----

Cases are increasing at a really scary rate. We're about 3x the number of daily cases vs. one month ago. (Texas or USA). It's speeding up. We're about 1.8x the number of cases we had 1 week ago for Texas.

We're currently around 1/5 of the peak rate in January, but don't forget that it was really bad back then.

Death rates have not increased very much yet, but they tend to peak later than total cases. Personally, I expect lower death rates per case than before last time because more older people are vaxxed, and Delta may be a bit better at infecting the young vs. COVID classic.

It's worth being a little more COVID cautious again. Less risk if you're vaxxed, but there's still some risk.

-----

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/ is where I go for info on case rates and deaths.

Verified Hobbyist BCD Lovinglifeinaustin's Avatar
    Stage 4 now.
    James
    Loving life in Austin

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    You need to remember that a lot of people fucking lied about getting the shot, and get hospitalized after getting covid. The reality is, your chances of dying or getting hospitalized from covid are effectively 0 if your vaccinated. Quit being fucking babies and go get your shot.

Quote Originally Posted by haveacold1atx View Post
    You need to remember that a lot of people fucking lied about getting the shot, and get hospitalized after getting covid. The reality is, your chances of dying or getting hospitalized from covid are effectively 0 if your vaccinated. Quit being fucking babies and go get your shot.
    The reality, according to VAERS, is that at least 6,207 people have died after receiving the vaccine. Tell their families about that reality of 0. The argument, of course, will be, we don’t know that the deaths were caused specifically by the shot. Well, we know for sure that all those COVID deaths were not caused by COVID alone; there were other underlying conditions. But it’s listed as a COVID death so the hospital gets more money. You test positive for COVID, then you suddenly die in a car accident, you’re listed as a COVID death. GMAFB!

I decide, and me alone, whether I get a fucking vaccine.

Verified Companion Companion AlexandraSand's Avatar
    Between Austin & San Antonio, San Marvelous incall
    Quote Originally Posted by F117 View Post
    ^^^^ What he said.

Personally, I won't see a provider that isn't fully vaccinated or that has a low standard for entrance (no pun intended) i.e., newbie friendly, QV's, B&G's, etc. "Low volume" has no meaning. I read a P411 profile where the provider touted that she was "extremely low volume, I only see 2-3 gentlemen A DAY", WTF??? LOL!!! I prefer to see providers that screen, screen, screen and see 2 - 3 gentlemen A MONTH.
    I am glad to see, that so many people are taking all this seriously.
    Now, I hope people will pay the same attention to wearing condoms.

BTW, chances of newbie hopping around as much as some "old" members are lower, in my opinion. In my experience, they stay for a while with 1st provider, till she pushes him to her trusted friend, so he can experience more. Also, new members are usually younger man, about 30-40 year olds and mostly very fit.

"Regular" clients and pre-booked visits greatly increase chances and possibility of a provider to space visits, isolate for a while and lower chances of spreading anything possible. Plus, that gives the provider a little bit of stability in knowing, that she doesn't need to hustle and engage in dangerous activity. Win-win situation.

Play safely xoxoxo
    Your Gorgeous European Seductress
    San Marcos upscale incall with sexy atmosphere. Outcall - maybe- please ask.

1 hour Coffee date 500 2 hour Champagne adventure 900 Introduction and Full Body Sensual Massage L1 250/L2 300
    Pegging 1hr 500 Foot fetish friendly!

No review. Available to Generous Gentleman 45+
    https://preferred411.com/P282315
    Reviews here: https://eccie.net/showthread.php?t=2512141

Verified Hobbyist BCD Lovinglifeinaustin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by robper13 View Post
    The reality, according to VAERS, is that at least 6,207 people have died after receiving the vaccine. Tell their families about that reality of 0. The argument, of course, will be, we don’t know that the deaths were caused specifically by the shot. Well, we know for sure that all those COVID deaths were not caused by COVID alone; there were other underlying conditions. But it’s listed as a COVID death so the hospital gets more money. You test positive for COVID, then you suddenly die in a car accident, you’re listed as a COVID death. GMAFB!

I decide, and me alone, whether I get a fucking vaccine.
    And this, boys and girls, is why we’re back at stage 4.

None of us wanted to get a fucking vaccine. But we did it for our own good and the good of those around us.
    James
    Loving life in Austin

Verified Hobbyist BCD risn2theoccasion2's Avatar
    ^^^^^^^^^^
    Ask about any of my past encounters.

Rudeness is the weak persons imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer

Supporting selfish people is a waste of time and energy! They will always find an excuse to blame you for their own mistakes!
    ― Lily Amis

As you proceed through life, following your own path, birds will shit on you. Dont bother to brush it off. Getting a comedic view of your situation gives you spiritual distance. Having a sense of humor saves you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovinglifeinaustin View Post
    And this, boys and girls, is why we’re back at stage 4.

None of us wanted to get a fucking vaccine. But we did it for our own good and the good of those around us.

You’re at stage 4 because you have a weak ass mayor/hhs. But whatever. And no, I’m not a fucking Trump supporter or conspiracy theorist or anti-vaxxer.

You get the vaccine because it’s YOUR choice, MY choice, not the government or anyone making you or fear of you losing your job over not getting it. I had COVID early last year. I took vitamin C, D, zinc and hydroxychloroquine and got over it. Thankfully I had a doctor who treated me and not waited until I was half dead and in the hospital.

To each his own.

Retired Companion
    Alrighty then - this thread has run it's course. Stay safe out there and be kind. Closed AE