Thread: All You Animal Lovers

Verified Hobbyist BCD Lespaulmankc's Avatar

All You Animal Lovers

We have a sweet new lady, SuzyQ, who is trying, without much success so far, to get on this board with us. I’ve been trying to help her but haven’t been able to sit down with her and work through the system.

She has a pet cat that is ailing and is she offering specials to raise money for the vet bills. She really loves this cat.

If any of you would like to help with contributions, I’m sure she would greatly appreciate it. You may reach her at (405) 702-3533.

Thank you.
    Fucking Oklahoma 60 Minutes At A Time.

Registered Female (Not Verified)
    Awwwhhhh Mr. Lespaulmankc you are just the sweetest thing ever. That was so nice of you to think about my cat and I like that. Even though I had to put my beloved fur baby down yesterday( Rest in peace sweet cinder ) and really one of the absolute hardest things I've ever done, well," besides your rock hard member". LoL0 still in my heart I know she's in a better place and no longer suffering. But I just wanna let you know the fact that you posted that on our behalf was not only the most kind thing anybody has done for us in such a long time. So I just wanted to say thank you that meant the world to me . You really are such a delicious treat. So thank you again

Registered Male (Not Verified) Smerc's Avatar
    I had to put my dog down just a few months after his 10th birthday. One of the hardest decisions I've ever made in my life. Best wishes and much love to you.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    My older dog (have 2) is 9, going on 10. Average is 12 for his breed. Been with us since he was 6 months old. I can tell that age is catching up with him. Not sure if/how we (including the younger one) will be able to handle the decision. So, hats off to you both for having been able to deal with it and making the correct choice (for them).
    Been reading up on a few articles & one of the 'biggest' & 'common' gripe that I read was about the Pet going to sleep alone. So, I plan to request the vet for me to be able to pet him to sleep (something I do with him on weekends - lie in his bed & when he comes, scratch behind his ears, looking into his eyes as he gets drowsy. Can't stay too long as his snore is something else). I just hope I can go through with this - hopefully, my mom's passing prepared me since she was in Hospice care for 10+ days & while it was agonizing (to watch for the 10+days), I knew the right decision was made when she went to sleep and never woke up..
    Techiedad36
    P411 certified

Registered Male (Not Verified) Smerc's Avatar
    He(my dog) started having cluster seizures one morning and I rushed him to the vet. He had around close to 10 before I actually got him there. I placed him on the drivers seat wrapped in his blanket just trying my best to drive and keep him stationary. It was a nightmare and being there when they put him to sleep was the best way now that I think of it. They do give you the options of what to do. Some people do actually opt out of being there and I can understand, but holding/petting him as he passed to me was the best option. It hurt unlike anything when that last breath hit though. He displayed some issues a few days before (clumsy walking and lack of energy) he started having the seizures, but that morning came quick and hit very hard. The bill is also very high for these emergency care places. So best bet would be to get a place in line in the event an animal emergency occurs. I only had the number to my main vet(they were not open but had an emergency line) and they referred me to a place, but that's time lost. Wish I could have done a lot of things over.

Verified Hobbyist BCD redleg505's Avatar
    It is always difficult to make the decision to have your fur baby put to sleep. I completely understand those that can't bring themselves to be present when the shot is administered. But for me personally, I want their last breath to have my scent in it as they go. I take comfort in the belief that i will see ALL my fur babies when i cross the Rainbow Bridge to join them again.

Verified Hobbyist BCD Lespaulmankc's Avatar
    I am very sorry that Cinder did not pull through. But at least you have the satisfaction of knowing you did everything possible. I believe I told you that I slept outside with my horse last night that he was alive. Pets can be such a blessing in our lives which makes it even harder when we have to let them go. Hang in there, time heals all wounds.
    Fucking Oklahoma 60 Minutes At A Time.