Thread: Anyone know their Myers-Briggs?

Registered Male (Not Verified)

Anyone know their Myers-Briggs?

I am curious what kind of personalities are out there?

I am an INTJ, which is one of the loneliest personality types.

https://www.16personalities.com/intj-personality

Any ENFP or ENTPs out there?

If you didn't do a Form K or above and had the results discussed with a certified MBTI consultant, it's about as meaningful statistically as flipping a coin. Unfortunately, people take a 30 second version on the internet and think it's accurate and meaningful - NOT!

Verified Hobbyist BCD JohnnyWadd's Avatar
    Hate to burst bubbles, but...
    https://youtu.be/_NQqSnkI32A

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...e-myers-briggs

Maybe it is more useful than you think. A limited mind only knows the limited things they believe to be right.

Well, the "expert" blew it in the second sentence. He referred to the MBTI as a "psychological test". Anyone who is legitimately certified to administer the MBTI and give feedback on the results knows that the MBTI is NOT a "test". It's on the final written exam for certification, and in the final oral boards, they throw trick questions at you like, "So how would you use the MBTI to test...."

Been through the week long process to certify 3X over the past 30 years. Really getting tired of self proclaimed "experts" who don't know what they're talking about get oxygen and mislead well intentioned individuals as to what the MBTI is and what it can suggest. The biggest lie is that the "test" says, "This is what I am." NO, it is not a "test" and it says, "This is what you PREFER to be IN THE CONTEXT YOU ARE IN AT THE MOMENT."

Rant over.

F117 out.

Agreed. I do also believe that people who get similar results must have something in common though and may get along quite well with each other.

Verified Companion Companion Ivy de la Courte's Avatar
    Austin area outcalls, select incalls + regular Houston visits
    I like these types of "tests" for fun and to get insights about myself and my friends who I talk to about them. I don't think it needs to be taken quite as seriously as above in this thread. As long as you enjoy it, can use it for self-reflection, or can use it to communicate something about yourself which is what most labels are helpful for anyway, why not? I haven't taken it in a long time but I got ENFJ which definitely resonates with me and seems accurate. My best friend is INFJ and we often seem like opposites but it makes sense that we are an extrovert and an introvert but internally we're very similar. I wonder if the clients I see fall into some categories more than others? It would be interesting to know! I'm also an aries and a ravenclaw if we're categorizing ourselves :P I don't know my enneagram number but I think that's an interesting one too.
    ivydelacourte.com

Email: ivy@ivydelacourte.com
    Twitter: ivydelacourte
    P411: P201116

I offer outcalls in Austin and the surrounding area! Incalls upon request.

Newbie friendly & I don't discriminate; screening for all new clients.
    I also offer online services including skypes, texting sessions, custom videos & more.

OnlyFans: OnlyFans.com/ivydelacourte
    Videos: ivydelacourte.manyvids.com

Verified Hobbyist BCD Lovinglifeinaustin's Avatar
    I’ve taken Myers Briggs several times over many years. Always came out infp or infj.

I think that there is sound basis for using MB test results as a way of learning how to work and deal with people. But four problems…

1. One first needs to know the personality types of those with whom one works. People don’t wear name tags with their type on it.

2. How does one remember the attributes of 16 different personality types? I would have to keep a score card. My memory sucks.

3. One needs to practice using it daily, like learning and retaining a foreign language. This has been my weakness.

4. We cannot relay on the shortcut internet versions of the test.
    James
    Loving life in Austin

^^^^ What he said.

Also, not all of the four scales have the same accuracy. On the Form K (the one used by most certified Myers-Briggs consultants) one of the scales (no, I won's say which one) is 50-60% accurate. The clinical version does a little better, putting that scale at over 60%, language and culture taken into account.

The biggest ah-ha I had for myself is that it helped me to understand how I interact with individuals and large groups of people. It also reinforced the old saying, "You can't change other people, you can only change yourself."