Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Texas Solicitation of Prostitution

Texas Solicitation of Prostitution

Haven't seen much discussion on the recent changes to Texas law. Starting Septemeber 1, 2021 a first offense of Solicitation becomes a felony. That's going to put a real damper on my hobbying activites. Thoughts?

Hmmmm, I didn't see that in the Texas Penal code website.
    https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/D.../htm/PE.43.htm

Verified Hobbyist BCD Lovinglifeinaustin's Avatar
    If you are referring to house bill 2795, I don’t believe it passed. There was another thread on that subject.

https://home.ourhome2.net/showthread...y-to-the-hobby
    Last edited by Lovinglifeinaustin; 06-28-2021 at 08:09 AM.
    James
    Loving life in Austin

I am referring to HB 1540, signed by both houses of legislature on 5/31, signed by governor on 6/16, effective on 9/1.

Sec. 43.021. SOLICITATION OF PROSTITUTION.
    SECTION 29. Sections 43.02(b) and (c-1), Penal Code, are
    transferred to Section 43.021, Penal Code, as added by this Act,
    redesignated as Sections 43.021(a) and (b), Penal Code,
    respectively, and amended to read as follows:
    (a) A person commits an offense if the person
    knowingly offers or agrees to pay a fee to another person for the
    purpose of engaging in sexual conduct with that person or another.
    (b) An offense under Subsection (a) is a state
    jail felony, except that the offense is:
    (1) a felony of the third degree if the
    actor has previously been convicted of an offense under Subsection
    (a) or under Section 43.02(b), as that law existed before September
    1, 2021; or
    (2) a felony of the second degree if the person with
    whom the actor agrees to engage in sexual conduct is:
    (A) younger than 18 years of age, regardless of
    whether the actor knows the age of the person at the time of the
    offense;
    (B) represented to the actor as being younger
    than 18 years of age; or
    (C) believed by the actor to be younger than 18
    years of age.
    Last edited by Guest 083021-1; 06-28-2021 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Universal View Post
    Hmmmm, I didn't see that in the Texas Penal code website.
    https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/D.../htm/PE.43.htm
    Likely because it is not currently the law. It will be on Sept 1.

https://legiscan.com/TX/bill/HB1540/2021

Verified Hobbyist BCD Lovinglifeinaustin's Avatar
    I saw hb 1540 later, but was confused as to what provisions made it to the governor for his signature. I will assume your post is the correct one.

My hobby days may be over, except for my regulars who I can trust.
    James
    Loving life in Austin

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    Come September 1 I think a lot of legitimate guys will drop out of the hobby. Some people are just more headline worthy than others. I can just see DAs trying to pump up their numbers and spinning it as reducing trafficking and as doing good in the community while pandering to the churchies that vote.

Verified Hobbyist BCD old school doc's Avatar
    Certainly won't be chasing ugly women. If I am caught , I am sure it can be plead to a lower level. Just when you thought legal sex work was on the horizon, they pull this crap.

Thankfully donations are never handed off directly and are for "time and companionship" only. No idea how they could justifiably skirt that loophole.
    Did you see me flying through the galaxy?

I did some further reading for my own interest, keeping ourselves safe is of utmost importance & from what I'm reading, the additional changes was related to facilities

Registered Male (Not Verified)

Verified Hobbyist BCD DocHoliday's Avatar
    In a secret, heavliy defended, underground lair somewhere in the OH2 Badlands

Here is the Final Answer

After letting the dust settle on the Texas 87th Legislative session and doing my research, here is the end game answer in my opinion. Starting September 1, 2021, Solicitation of Prostitution will be a State Jail Felony for the FIRST offense unless it involves a minor. In which case, it is a 2nd degree felony. Furthermore, the law as written does NOT AFFECT 43.02(a) which relates to the ladies (offers to RECEIVE). This change only affects those offering to PAY (the hobbyists).

SJ feloneys carry a punishment range of no less than 6 months and no more than 2 years in a SJ facility which is day for day time and a fine not to exceed $10,000. You could qualify for some participation credits but they are rarely given.

3rd degree feloneys carry a punishment range of no less than 2 and no more than 10 years in a TDCJ Institutional Division facility and a fine not to exceed $10,000. (You could qualify for parole after you do 1/4 of your time).

2nd degree feloneys carry a punishment range of no less than 2 and no more than 20 years in a TDCJ Institutional Division facility and a fine not to exceed $10,000. (You could qualify for parole after you do 1/4 of your time).

The following text comes directly from the Texas Legislature website which I link at the end. Don't doubt me on any of this information. I am not debating anyone. I'm not going to get into a back and forth with Judge Judy law school graduates here and they should all remain silent here as not to confuse members with the law and the facts. This is SERIOUS business for the gentlemen. The legislature really upped the game on the hobby in Texas. I am not commenting further and nothing further needs to be said here by me. It is the law in Texas come Sept. 1, 2021.

Chapter 43, Penal Code, is amended by adding Section 43.021, and a heading is added to that section to read as follows:

Sec.
    43.021. SOLICITATION OF PROSTITUTION.

43.02(b) and (c-1), Penal Code, are transferred to Section 43.021, Penal Code, as added by this
    Act, re designated as Sections 43.021(a) and (b), Penal Code, respectively, and amended to read as follows:

(a)
    A person commits an offense if the person knowingly offers or agrees to pay a fee to another person for the purpose of engaging in sexual conduct with that person or another.

(b) An offense under Subsection (a) is a state jail felony except that the offense is:
    (1) a felony of the third degree if the actor has previously been convicted of an offense under Subsection (a) or under Section 43.02(b), as that law existed before September 1, 2021 [(b)]; or

(2) a felony of the second degree if the person with whom the
    actor agrees to engage in sexual conduct is:

(A) younger than 18 years of age, regardless of whether the
    actor knows the age of the person at the time of the offense;(B) represented to the actor as being younger than 18 years of
    age; or (C) believed by the actor to be younger than 18 years of age.

Section 43.021, Penal Code, as added by this Act, is amended by adding Subsection (c) to read as follows:

(c) A conviction may be used for purposes of enhancement
    under this section or enhancement under Subchapter D, Chapter 12, but not under both this section and that subchapter. For purposes of enhancement of penalties under this section or Subchapter D, Chapter 12, a defendant is considered to have been previously convicted of an offense under this section or under Section 43.02(b), as that law existed before September 1, 2021, if the defendant was adjudged guilty of the offense or entered a plea of guilty or nolo contendere in return for a grant of deferred adjudication, regardless of whether the sentence for the offense was ever imposed or whether the sentence was probated and the defendant was subsequently discharged from community supervision.

https://capitol.texas.gov/BillLookup...R&Bill=HB1540#
    Last edited by DocHoliday; 08-08-2021 at 04:46 PM.
    Newbie members friendly. Troll inhospitable & I have an ever growing troll ignore list!!!
    I’m your Huckleberry and this hobby is just my game. Ladies, just say when!! #Pussy Posse founding member
    If you’re BSC, probably BSC, a drama Queen/King, WK or troll, DON’T PM me or post in my threads
    Thanks for your cooperation.
    Email for issues is support@ourhome2.net The verification process is HERE The review gremlin patch is HERE

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Well that will slow things down for sure

HB1540 covers a LOT of ground, not just Chapter 43 of the Penal Code described above. It touches on websites, landlords, promotion, trafficking…there is a lot to digest, and it’s hard to predict how it’s going to impact the hobby in Texas going forward.

A few weeks ago I thought, “well, if they don’t fund this stuff, then what’s really changed?” Now I’m thinking, maybe lack of funding wasn’t the issue to begin with.
    OH2 and Eccie member since 2009. P411 since 2005. Anything before that just makes me sound old. Do not ask me what I paid. These chicks just dig me for my company.

Verified Companion Companion AlluringStacy's Avatar
    This is why I like ourhome2 gentlemen get verified Nd so do the women. Still have to be careful but i feel bad for those gentlemen that rely on shady sites like listcrawler my regular was thinking with his dickhead and went to jail of that listcrawler site in Sugarland at the Marriott even tryst is questionable. Have to research your lady as best as possible. Y’all be safe!
    [B] Houston come play with me
    Go Follow: Social media instagram: alluringstacy
    Snapchat: caliente_p follow my onlyfans https://onlyfans.com/alluringstacy
    Pics & Vids For Sale
    9729036572 call or text

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast