Thread: School to become a nail technician

Verified Hobbyist BCD

School to become a nail technician

Hello OH2 Friends, one of my sugar babies is going to school to become a nail tech, you know gives mani's and pedi's. She has 4 more months to go, this seems like alot of time to study this? Seems to me, you could learn how to do this in a weekend not 6 months of school? She is hispanic and I am afraid she may be getting taken advantage of? Does it really take 6 months to get a license to do this type of work?

Thanks in advance,
    Daddio

Verified Hobbyist BCD Nascobar21's Avatar
    A nail technician is one aspect of cosmetology. Some would argue that it’s not a “skilled trade”. However, I would consider it a skilled trade only if she’s in school to earn a certification or a license by the state. If that’s the case for her, I think in Texas you need hundreds of hours to get a cosmetology license, so that could be several months. Best of luck to her.
    African American Client
    Preferred Activities: Bbbj, CIM, CFS, MSOG
    Dislikes: Poor TCB, Upselling, Mediocre service
    Eccie Handle: Nascobar21
    No BBW, Open to any race

Verified Companion Companion Cameron's Avatar
    600 hours
    7-13 months
    Program cost $6000

Damn near a science type thing. Massages, learning about sterilization, learning about taking care of feet, using the tools, lotions & liquids properly & more.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    6000 is hefty,!! there are private schools that offer it at a much lower cost. there is also a way for her to get her license but don't have to really attend. and yea at the schools they only teach the student how to pass the exam. as for doing nails as a profession its hands on and learn by experience.

Verified Companion Companion Cameron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dat198 View Post
    6000 is hefty,!! there are private schools that offer it at a much lower cost. there is also a way for her to get her license but don't have to really attend. and yea at the schools they only teach the student how to pass the exam. as for doing nails as a profession its hands on and learn by experience.
    It depends on what school you want to go to. What kind of cosmetologist can get a REAL VALID license w/o attending any school? A fake 1? You also have to take a state test as well. This was a few years ago. I paid monthly. If she wants to learn acrylic decor, etc- she can do that w/a certified cos. I got Halfway with my cosmetology, quit and then became certified in the medical field.