Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Memorial Day--What DOES it mean

Verified Hobbyist BCD

Memorial Day--What DOES it mean

Some may ask why this thread would be posted here. Simple--many who read this area are veterans, both men and women and are proud to have served this country. Many have lost family or close friends, and been injured themselves. Some physically and some mentally, Very difficult to loose a close friend who only minutes before was alive and well.

I mention this because I truly believe this country is at a crossroads. Think about your life and give the lost ones a simple moment of thought and then think how fortunate you and others may be.

Semper Fi

BANNED - failure to respect community rules-- again!

Thumbs up I APPROVE this message!

SALUTE!

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Quote Originally Posted by hogrider View Post
    Some may ask why this thread would be posted here. Simple--many who read this area are veterans, both men and women and are proud to have served this country. Many have lost family or close friends, and been injured themselves. Some physically and some mentally, Very difficult to loose a close friend who only minutes before was alive and well.

I mention this because I truly believe this country is at a crossroads. Think about your life and give the lost ones a simple moment of thought and then think how fortunate you and others may be.

Semper Fi
    Thanks Hogrider! My son is a new USMC Butter Bar. Thank God we still have some young adults who understand serving and sacrifice. Semper Fi.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    I have a brother who served in Afghanistan and Iraq. He made it back but not in one piece. Modern day war-fare takes a helluva toll on mind and body.

Semper Fi
    Yes, I have lost someone who was very close to me when I served. We were so close the parents gave me the honor to honor guard her funeral. She was like a best friend to me. She was brave and I cried...

Airpower!

Verified Companion Companion SxySpanishMia's Avatar
    Thank you for this post in honor of our fallen hero’s.

My early years in the Navy had me stationed aboard the carrier ship George Washington.
    I had to work in the mess hall (cafeteria) and clean along side other new sailors.
    We were on deployment for about 7 months and only stopped for 6 days, the rest of the time was living on a carrier ship of 5,000 people. It was very difficult, civilians have no idea what military people have to endure. It isn’t talked about to the public.

Being out to sea for so long was too much for someone I worked along side of, and he committed suicide by jumping off the ship.
    The FBI flew on and interviewed everyone that worked with him. That was a dose of reality that mental health is very important.

RIP to all the fallen who served in our country’s military.
    SxySpanishMia
    The Euphoria Expert

Rates: 500 Hr. /600 90 Min./1k 2 Hrs. ~Incall~ 600 Hr. Outcall

No BBFS/No Party favors. Screening required, Not Newbie Friendly.

OH2, P411, Tryst, or Eccie.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/sxyspanishmia
    Tryst: https://sxyspanishmia.tryst.link/
    P411: https://preferred411.com/p52902

All My Links: https://allmylinks.com/sxyspanishmia

Retired Companion
    Hey everyone, I'm gonna keep this thread open as long as it does not get political. Thanking you all in advance for your co-operation as we remember our fallen loved ones. xoxo193767440_968786843933154_1025321837776629692_n.jpg

Verified Hobbyist BCD DocHoliday's Avatar
    In a secret, heavliy defended, underground lair somewhere in the OH2 Badlands

What Memorial Day is all about by Ol’ Doc

I want to thank all my fellow Vets. for your service to this country on this most hallowed of days. Bless my fallen brothers who died lying face down in a mud hole in Vietnam only to come home in bodybags and be called baby killers and spit upon. Bless my fallen brothers who died and their body mutilated in Iraq and Afghanistan from a roadside IED. Bless my fallen brothers who died from the unrelenting gun fire from hill tops on the retreat from Chosin Reservoir. Bless my fallen brothers aboard ships in the Pacific who died as the result of fanatical Kamikaze attacks. Bless my fallen brothers who died in the landing craft attempting to land them on Omaha Beach. Gunned down by the hundreds before they could even make it onto the beach. Bless my fallen brothers who died in the mud filled trenches in France from poison gas attacks. Bless my fallen brothers who died freezing and starving to death at Vally Forge. Finally, bless my fallen brothers who died in so many other horrific ways (e.g., mines, torpedoes, mortar and artillery fire, boby traps, hand to hand combat, arial bombardment and the list goes on and on) in all the wars our brave soldiers, sailors, marines and airmen have been sent to fight and die for the defense of our Constitution and freedoms we enjoy in this country including indulging in this hobby.

I salute you and your families who had to bear the unbearable loss of loved ones who lives were extinguished at such a young age. So have a beer today and thank our fallen comrades in arms. As for Ol’ Doc, I’m heading to the cemetery to personally thank them.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    thank you Ellen for keeping it open. This thread has absolutely no political intention in it. I do not do that on the net. and if it goes that way then dump the post and not the thread. Any questions about my intent feel free to ask CK. We have known each other for a LONG time.

thanks

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    It's to honor America's greatest generation that we will never have again. They defeated the foreign enemies for our freedoms. Our current generation...i don't think so
    If I ever develop an insecure ego and start bashing and disrespecting ladies on here. Please feel free to beat my ass ladies

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    I appreciate this thread beyond words. Being a retired army captain, I did 3 tours in Iraq and 2 in Afghanistan, my father is a retired army sergeant major who did 3 tours in vietnam, together we have buried more heroes than I can count. Memories are all we have left

Cpt

Semper Fi
    Well said. I appreciate you taking the time to post this. Recognition of anyone who stepped up to the call of duty is always time well spent. Hopefully the services offered to help with PTSD and other wars they bring home will improve with the technology.

Not a hobby related topic.

Moved to the proper forum.

And...

Yes, let us never forget the sacrifices made on our behalf.

"Don't come here and grumble about going too fast. Get the hell out of the race car if you've got feathers on your legs or butt. Put a kerosene rag around your ankles so the ants won't climb up there and eat that candy ass."

Dale Earnhardt

9/11 Memorial

Verified Hobbyist BCD pmdelites's Avatar
    remember also to pray for all the women members of the army, air force, navy, marines, coast guard, national and state guards who have died while in service to our country.
    it's always afternoon!!

have fun out there.

dont let the negatives get you down.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    I took and take exception to Mokha moving this thread to This area. Who reads this area--almost no one. This was posted originally in the Dallas area as a lot of veterans and other military supporters are there. Memorial day should be a remembrance to all and it sure will not be here in the basement. I have no idea what his background is but I do know mine and it covers all the wars since I have been of the age to join the corps.

I wrote him a PM but doubt it will have any impact. Sorry that is his view of what has to do with the hobby. Not everything in the hobby has to do with happy endings. Sometime partialism fits in there also.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast