Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best album to listen to on a rainy Sunday

Best album to listen to on a rainy Sunday

“Nina Simone Sings the Blues” gets my vote.

Damn, 1967 was a helluva year for music.
    OH2 and Eccie member since 2009. P411 since 2005. Anything before that just makes me sound old. Do not ask me what I paid. These chicks just dig me for my company.

Registered Male (Not Verified) Mrdez's Avatar
    Tame impalas innerspeaker is a great listen

Verified Companion Companion
    Rainy Sundays playlists for upbeat moods make me feel like listening to either Nine Days “The Madding Crowd” album or something like Five for Fighting “The Battle For Everything”. If I want something slower for a rainy relaxation day, I feel more in the mood for some 90s RNB like BoyzIIMen or babyface.

Verified Companion Companion
    Tori Amos. Love her voice.

But also love some of the 80s stuff like: Icehouse - Electric Blue, Breathe - Hands To Heaven, Breathe - How Can I Fall, Kate Bush - Running Up That Hill, Benjamin Orr - Stay the Night, Tears for Fears - Mad World... just to name several lol

I'm really into music.

Registered Male (Not Verified) BoinkBoink's Avatar
    Last edited by BoinkBoink; 05-16-2021 at 08:38 PM.

Verified Hobbyist BCD DocHoliday's Avatar
    In a secret, heavliy defended, underground lair somewhere in the OH2 Badlands
    LP from the 1969 movie Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. Rain dropped keep falling on my head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hziG9Nr6KHU
    Newbie members friendly. Troll inhospitable & I have an ever growing troll ignore list!!!
    I’m your Huckleberry and this hobby is just my game. Ladies, just say when!! #Pussy Posse founding member
    If you’re BSC, probably BSC, a drama Queen/King, WK or troll, DON’T PM me or post in my threads
    Thanks for your cooperation.
    Email for issues is support@ourhome2.net The verification process is HERE The review gremlin patch is HERE

I have a few suggestions...

Or even...

"Don't come here and grumble about going too fast. Get the hell out of the race car if you've got feathers on your legs or butt. Put a kerosene rag around your ankles so the ants won't climb up there and eat that candy ass."

Dale Earnhardt

9/11 Memorial

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Gerry raffity city to city album (That's what we used to call them lol). I can sing every word (badly) and we have all spent some time on Baker Street
    If I ever develop an insecure ego and start bashing and disrespecting ladies on here. Please feel free to beat my ass ladies

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    If you’re into R&B - Maxwell and Brian McKnight is good to relax in the rain and with that special someone you trying to cuddle up with… :)

Quote Originally Posted by Stryrd View Post
    Gerry raffity city to city album (That's what we used to call them lol). I can sing every word (badly) and we have all spent some time on Baker Street
    Man, I’m glad you suggested this. I’ve been listening to a fair amount of “70s on 7” on SiriusXM and every time Baker Street comes on I tell myself I’m going to dig into Rafferty’s catalog. I’m streaming “City to City” now and it is indeed a solid rainy-day album.

I still buy albums (the vinyl kind), and plan to make this my next purchase. It’s the kind of album that deserves to be heard that way. Thanks!
    OH2 and Eccie member since 2009. P411 since 2005. Anything before that just makes me sound old. Do not ask me what I paid. These chicks just dig me for my company.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Listen to all of city to city tinman. It's the best no name album ever imo. I was dating a girl in the 70s that said this is the best album ever. She loved every song. I'm like ok we listen to music plus :). She told me to fire up (our smoke) and listen...every song has a meaningful experience for somebody...blah blah blah

Long story short I was married to that girl for 19 years and we added two awesome kids to this world
    If I ever develop an insecure ego and start bashing and disrespecting ladies on here. Please feel free to beat my ass ladies

Quote Originally Posted by Stryrd View Post
    Listen to all of city to city tinman. It's the best no name album ever imo. I was dating a girl in the 70s that said this is the best album ever. She loved every song. I'm like ok we listen to music plus :). She told me to fire up (our smoke) and listen...every song has a meaningful experience for somebody...blah blah blah

Long story short I was married to that girl for 19 years and we added two awesome kids to this world
    That “no name” album managed to reach #1 on the US charts and go platinum, but I know what you mean. It’s not heralded like some bigger names with similar chart success.

I can see why that record has special meaning to you. It’s a great LP.

Verified Hobbyist BCD

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast