Quote Originally Posted by Chase.rackowski View Post
Personally, I have made good gains on the volatility, but dogecoin isn’t something I got into. I make my money on watching charts and making fast trades. That’s one thing about being in crypto, holding can be beneficial of course, like stocks, but highly volatile coins can be traded up and down constantly. With learning to monitor the patterns on the 20 something alt coins I follow, I’ve tripled my actual buy in since October. It’s not for everyone and it’s not easy. It requires a LOT of attention, more than stocks since its 24/7, but the amount of work I’ve put into it directly translates to my earnings. I don’t jump on fad coins because by the time they ARE a fad, they are about to start to drop. I usually buy, wait for 10-20% increase and then sell and wait for it to drop again. The coin itself doesn’t matter so much as long as you can guess when to get in on it.

That said, I play a very very high risk game with my coins and that is NOT for everyone. As you said, the volatility isn’t your thing. I’m just explaining how someone like myself can use it to my advantage without getting pulled into the fads.

Also as soon as I had doubled my original investment, I pulled out every penny I’d put in, so now even if my assets in coins completely drop to zero, I’ve lost nothing. I think that was a really good choice to help with not stressing. Doubling everything only took about 3 months give or take, and that’s with checking my charts 5-10 times a day for five minutes each and making a trade or two each day usually. Maybe an hour a day I spend on it or less?

Edited to add: crypto allows me to be a day trader without the mandatory investment that stock day trading requires. That was very important to me.
I understand something about your game, that game is tempting but not attractive to me because I don’t have time for it. I have other time consuming interests like making music. My portfolio is being built for the long term (4-5 years minimum) and fairly low risk.