Thread: Profile Referrals count

Verified Hobbyist BCD

Profile Referrals count

Noticed this on some profiles, but haven't found a way to either provide referrals for someone. So I was curious how this gets counted and how it works.

Is it a provider only feature?
    Can providers see more details and/or see who is doing the referring?

If this is answered anywhere else, I'm sorry for not finding it. And, I appreciate anyone pointing me in the right direction.
    Que?

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Maybe I'm not asking the right question. Or, maybe the wrong area to ask. Any help would be appreciated.

When I go to a profile on OH2, in the about section, all the way to the bottom there is a Referrals: 0 on my profile. Other profiles seem to actually have a referral count. So, I am wondering how this works.

How would one get referrals added there?
    Are we able to see the referrals somewhere?
    Que?

Verified Companion Companion
    So basically, if I post the link to my OH2 profile on my website or P411 or something, a guy who views my profile can register for an account from that link, hence the referral count.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Ah! Thank you for that Nova. I appreciate it.
    Que?

When a new member registers here, one of the items to fill out on the registration page is the OH2 handle of the OH2 member who told you about this site. When that item is filled with a valid OH2 handle, the account of that handle will have its referral count incremented by 1.

So, if you put my handle in that item when you registered, my referral count will increase by 1.
    "Don't come here and grumble about going too fast. Get the hell out of the race car if you've got feathers on your legs or butt. Put a kerosene rag around your ankles so the ants won't climb up there and eat that candy ass."

Dale Earnhardt

9/11 Memorial