Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Whatcha Streaming or binging on?

Verified Companion Companion Madeline Swan's Avatar

Whatcha Streaming or binging on?

I just got finished with Evil and The Santa Clarita Diet. Evil was really good. The other one was a cute & lighthearted dark comedy. I love thrillers.
    retired

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    If you haven't already, Behind Her Eyes on Netflix is good. I recommend staying away from reading anything about it to avoid spoilers.

Verified Companion Companion Madeline Swan's Avatar
    Hmm. Is that with the blind girl? If so, I think I’ve seen it? I’m a self professed nerd as well, so any documentary suggestions are also welcome.
    retired

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Check out The Boys on Amazon prime or The Umbrella Academy on Netflix! Both awesome shows

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    Quote Originally Posted by ATXBuckNut View Post
    Check out The Boys on Amazon prime or The Umbrella Academy on Netflix! Both awesome shows
    The boys is excellent. Bit brutal and grim, but evil super heroes... what a twist.

Documentaries?

On History Channel. The Food That Built America. Learn all about how your favorite foods, snacks and beverages came to be.
    "Don't come here and grumble about going too fast. Get the hell out of the race car if you've got feathers on your legs or butt. Put a kerosene rag around your ankles so the ants won't climb up there and eat that candy ass."

Dale Earnhardt

9/11 Memorial

Retired Companion
    "The zookeeper's wife " on Netflick - excellent! And it's based on a true story!

Registered Male (Not Verified) Seldom_Seen_Smith's Avatar
    'The Last Kingdom' on netflix is an awesome show.
    'Shadow and Bone' on netflix is pretty good this is the first season.
    'The Nevers' just started season 1 and into the 3rd episode is also pretty good.
    'The Expanse' is also awesome on amazon and just ended season 5.

Seldom Seen Smith

Correction.

Quote Originally Posted by Madeline Swan View Post
    Hmm. Is that with the blind girl? If so, I think I’ve seen it? I’m a self professed nerd as well, so any documentary suggestions are also welcome.
    If you are a fan of documentaries, check out the 3 part series on Earnest Hemingway on NPR.com

Check that, PBS.com.
    Last edited by Aropump; 04-29-2021 at 07:22 PM. Reason: Wrong info

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    In no real order of rating but some bad ass Documentaries! Red Dog,Holy Hell, Dark Days, American Movie, When we were Kings, Three Identical Strangers, The Act of Killing.
    That should be a good start

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Yea it can be pretty gruesome although the characters and story line are awesome!

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    The Sopranos!! Greated show of all time imo

Verified Hobbyist BCD risn2theoccasion2's Avatar
    I never saw Six Feet Under when it was running. Almost done with Season 1. Love the mix of drama and humor.
    Ask about any of my past encounters.

Rudeness is the weak persons imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer

Supporting selfish people is a waste of time and energy! They will always find an excuse to blame you for their own mistakes!
    ― Lily Amis

As you proceed through life, following your own path, birds will shit on you. Dont bother to brush it off. Getting a comedic view of your situation gives you spiritual distance. Having a sense of humor saves you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dknnhue View Post
    The Sopranos!! Greated show of all time imo
    Another show with wonderful writing.

Quote Originally Posted by risn2theoccasion2 View Post
    I never saw Six Feet Under when it was running. Almost done with Season 1. Love the mix of drama and humor.
    This one as well.

Also remember Nurse Jackie with Edie Falco, Another good one!
    "Don't come here and grumble about going too fast. Get the hell out of the race car if you've got feathers on your legs or butt. Put a kerosene rag around your ankles so the ants won't climb up there and eat that candy ass."

Dale Earnhardt

9/11 Memorial

I'm also a fan of documentaries. I really enjoy a lot of Ken Burns stuff. I'm currently watching his doc on Country music - and I'm not a country fan at all, but this is interesting. His doc on the Vietnam War is incredible. His docs on baseball, jazz and the Civil War are great as well.

I've been watching some music docs as well. Just finished watching one on Frank Zappa, which was mind blowing. Also loved the doc about Herb Alpert (cool story about getting rejected by Sonny Bono only to end up working with Sam Cooke and Jan & Dean). There's a neat doc about the Muscle Shoals music scene (Lynyrd Skynyrd, Aretha, etc.). Anyone who loves the music of the 50's and 60's should see The Wrecking Crew doc.

We did see a couple of the Oscar movies. Nomadland, which won Best Picture, was an odd movie. The Trial of the Chicago Seven was really good. I grew up in Chicago in the 60's so I remember a lot of what happened and the corrupt judge who oversaw the trial.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast