Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Nice haul, DJ! I live further east (Beaumont area), went down to the south end of Pleasure Island one morning last weekend, and caught five flounder (two keepers) and a large sheepshead.

A65
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I'll have another beer!

Registered Female (Not Verified) Companion Dorthy Monroe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DEAR _JOHN View Post
    Growing up I spent many dollars worth of dead shrimp fishing off the old highway that parallels Copano Bay bridge. Did the old bridge get destroyed during Harvey?

Headed down to Galveston tomorrow. Don't know whether it will be 61st, 91st, or Seawolf Park pier. I can hardly wait for September through November to get here for the bull red run.

Good luck to you on your next fishing trip.

Right before the hurricane half of the bridge had fell in the water while people were fishing & so they had closed it! Then the hurricane hit the bridge and they closed it for good! So many good memories on that bridge wish there was a way to get it back!

I’ve been fishing but haven’t caught anything spectacular but did learn I can’t park on the levy and fish lol oops !

Honestly right now it’s ridiculous with all the wanna be fishing people it’s getting frustrating even people I know who have boats are getting aggravated because of the influx of people ! Hopefully they go back to work soon and I get my fishing spots back lol!

Have you ever fished at the Texas city dike ?
    Im Not Available Until Further Notice

If You Contact Me & Mention Rates Or Activities You Will Be Put On My DNS List Forever!
    *If I’ve Never Seen You GFE*
    30 - 150 * 60 - 200 * 90 - 300

Only Fans: https://onlyfans.com/dorthymonroe

Trump 2024

Quote Originally Posted by Astros1965 View Post
    Nice haul, DJ! I live further east (Beaumont area), went down to the south end of Pleasure Island one morning last weekend, and caught five flounder (two keepers) and a large sheepshead.

A65
    I found this on the fishing app I have now Everytime I see sheepshead I laugh! You’re catching more than me make sure you have mosquito spray because they’re carrying people off the grid lol! Best $6 I’ve spent in a while!

Crabs have been super bad grrrr I’m going fishing in Louisiana memorial weekend maybe I will have better luck !

If You Contact Me & Mention Rates Or Activities You Will Be Put On My DNS List Forever!

Trump 2024

Verified Hobbyist BCD Rustyshackleford112's Avatar
    I'm heading to southern MO next Thursday with my fly rod to catch Rainbows....can't fucking wait!

Registered Male (Not Verified) DEAR _JOHN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorthy Monroe View Post
    Right before the hurricane half of the bridge had fell in the water while people were fishing & so they had closed it! Then the hurricane hit the bridge and they closed it for good! So many good memories on that bridge wish there was a way to get it back!

I’ve been fishing but haven’t caught anything spectacular but did learn I can’t park on the levy and fish lol oops !

Honestly right now it’s ridiculous with all the wanna be fishing people it’s getting frustrating even people I know who have boats are getting aggravated because of the influx of people ! Hopefully they go back to work soon and I get my fishing spots back lol!

Have you ever fished at the Texas city dike ?
    I've fished the dike a few times, but always get hung up on the rocks. I went to Seawolf Park pier on Monday and was king of the pier.....when you count big hardheads. I use a double drop leader made of piano wire, 2 hooks, and a big weight with cut sand trout. One hit I had was a huge one and I was hoping bull red or big black drum. Actually I had two 4 pound hardheads on the same leader. We had to get the net for that big mess. Hardheads=snot sharks.

I'm a bit upset at Galveston Fishing Pier (91st) because they allow their 'cliques' to do practically anything they want to do in the surf rod areas at the T. It's dog eat dog at the surf rod area at the T head.

Current avatar=Kandy Kane

Verified Hobbyist BCD nameisdalton's Avatar
    Which one is DM?

Quote Originally Posted by nameisdalton View Post
    Which one is DM?

None because I’m not the size of a fishing pole or white & I hate bait casters lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rustyshackleford112 View Post
    I'm heading to southern MO next Thursday with my fly rod to catch Rainbows....can't fucking wait!
    Good luck sounds fun and a lot of work haha
    Last edited by Dorthy Monroe; 05-14-2020 at 08:11 AM.

Trump 2024

Quote Originally Posted by DEAR _JOHN View Post
    I've fished the dike a few times, but always get hung up on the rocks. I went to Seawolf Park pier on Monday and was king of the pier.....when you count big hardheads. I use a double drop leader made of piano wire, 2 hooks, and a big weight with cut sand trout. One hit I had was a huge one and I was hoping bull red or big black drum. Actually I had two 4 pound hardheads on the same leader. We had to get the net for that big mess. Hardheads=snot sharks.

I'm a bit upset at Galveston Fishing Pier (91st) because they allow their 'cliques' to do practically anything they want to do in the surf rod areas at the T. It's dog eat dog at the surf rod area at the T head.
    Yea might as well fish at the jetties if you’re going to lose tackle on rocks meh nothing more frustrating

Is it bad that I laughed at your hard heads lmao I know you were mad & you had to get a net lmao ! I need to go buy me another rod I can’t find one I like though I’m picky I like the stiff rods I hate flimsy rods makes me want to through that shit in the water ! I just can’t throw them as far !

Did you go fishing at night or during the day ? One day I’m going to go there & fish but I like fishing at night I seem to have better luck for some reason ! At least you caught something lmao

Trump 2024

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    DM why don't you like baitcasters? I know you're an experienced fisherperson. Just wondering what you don't like about them. BTW i fish the TC Dike alot, especialy in the summer at night when the trout are running. I set up the lights and fish live shrimp under a popping cork and it's on. Been surf fishing Boliver alot lately doing good on the drum and bull reds.

Quote Originally Posted by Joecango1 View Post
    DM why don't you like baitcasters? I know you're an experienced fisherperson. Just wondering what you don't like about them. BTW i fish the TC Dike alot, especialy in the summer at night when the trout are running. I set up the lights and fish live shrimp under a popping cork and it's on. Been surf fishing Boliver alot lately doing good on the drum and bull reds.
    Bait casters Are for people with patience and I don’t have enough ! Im going to fish when I get back next week see what kind of trouble I can get into if it’s not flooding like they say I want to catch another bull red so bad grrr lol

Trump 2024

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorthy Monroe View Post
    Bait casters Are for people with patience and I don’t have enough ! Im going to fish when I get back next week see what kind of trouble I can get into if it’s not flooding like they say I want to catch another bull red so bad grrr lol
    Let me know and I'll meet you out there.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Baitcaster is all I use. That's what my grandfather taught me to use since I was eight - learned on an Ambassadeur 5000. I'm 55 now, and still have that old reel.

A65
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I'll have another beer!

Quote Originally Posted by Joecango1 View Post
    Let me know and I'll meet you out there.
    Ugh huh lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Astros1965 View Post
    Baitcaster is all I use. That's what my grandfather taught me to use since I was eight - learned on an Ambassadeur 5000. I'm 55 now, and still have that old reel.

A65

You should put that reel in a shadow box ! That’s really cool you still have it

Trump 2024

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    I need to find the fishing spots around Lake Jackson and freeport area i grew up in Texas City and i knew where to fish but this area is different because it's eather surf fishing or Brazos river i haven't had any luck in yet any suggestions from anybody who is familiar would be great

Registered Male (Not Verified) DEAR _JOHN's Avatar
    I've had luck at the Surfside jetties, fishing either side.

Current avatar=Kandy Kane

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast