Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

Registered Female (Not Verified) Companion Dorthy Monroe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pxmcc View Post
    i'm not a big fisherman, but anyone ever thought of net-fishing the bayous? i live by Brays Bayou and there are a ton of fish there, some very good eating, i've heard. the guys i usually see are always fly fishing-way too technical for me-but i can't see why net fishing wouldn't yield a huge take. anyone have any ideas, or why that wouldn't work?

i know Dorthy is referring to shore salt-water fishing, but at least i'm on the topic of fishing lol.
    That's illegal
    Im Not Available Until Further Notice

If You Contact Me & Mention Rates Or Activities You Will Be Put On My DNS List Forever!
    *If I’ve Never Seen You GFE*
    30 - 150 * 60 - 200 * 90 - 300

Only Fans: https://onlyfans.com/dorthymonroe

Trump 2024

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Ever try wade fishing in the surf? free line a croaker on a #4 khale hook for trout. The fight is great 12lb test. Bigger bait - bigger fish. Reds/stingrays/catfish are bottom eaters and eat dead bait. Live bait is the trick

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Love fishing in the surf for trout. Thing is - the water has to be damn near perfect. Trout are sight feeders - if the water is dirty, you're better off trying for reds.

A65
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I'll have another beer!

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    The water really doesn’t have to be perfect clear in the surf. You just need current and bait. If the grout really depended on the water to be clear then they would starve to death in grown waters. I’ve fished in 2ft swells with the water doo doo Brown and still caught. Those waves will beat you up but when you have the trout fever it doesn’t matter!

Now I just perfer the swells to be 1ft and have current in the water. I usually cruise up and down the sea wall looking for bait action.

Catching these predators in their environment just makes it all worth it.

Fishing rollover and catching trout with mirrorlure is an awesome experience. Wade fishing the mouth of the pass for gator trouts is fishing at another level of excitement

Quote Originally Posted by Astros1965 View Post
    Love fishing in the surf for trout. Thing is - the water has to be damn near perfect. Trout are sight feeders - if the water is dirty, you're better off trying for reds.

A65

MEMBERSHIP REVOKED - FAILURE TO FOLLOW STAFF DIRECTIONS
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorthy Monroe View Post
    That's illegal
    Damn. i wanna see. you know which code or agency?
    and why, btw? could feed the homeless with all that fish.

off topic, but i saw a sea turtle in Braes (Brays) Bayou. i was trolling it thinking it was a man-hole cover or something similar. i was like, "If you're a sea turtle, jus swim away." i went down to get a better look, and the damn thing swam away right before my eyes. never seen a man-hole cover do that..
    Last edited by pxmcc; 06-19-2018 at 11:43 PM.

Retired Site "Guide"
    https://tpwd.texas.gov/regulations/o...fish#section-1

Nets are legal only for taking bait.

Quote Originally Posted by Astros1965 View Post

A65
    But the water is always dirty lol and they still catch them but I've only seen them catch them at night under lights using lures.

- - - Updated - - -

and why, btw? could feed the homeless with all that fish.

off topic, but i saw a sea turtle in Braes (Brays) Bayou. i was trolling it thinking it was a man-hole cover or something similar. i was like, "If you're a sea turtle, jus swim away." i went down to get a better look, and the damn thing swam away right before my eyes. never seen a man-hole cover do that..
    Dude do you talk just to talk ? You have no idea about fishing so can you put a cork in it..

If You Contact Me & Mention Rates Or Activities You Will Be Put On My DNS List Forever!

Trump 2024

Quote Originally Posted by frankocean187 View Post
    The water really doesn’t have to be perfect clear in the surf. You just need current and bait. If the grout really depended on the water to be clear then they would starve to death in grown waters. I’ve fished in 2ft swells with the water doo doo Brown and still caught. Those waves will beat you up but when you have the trout fever it doesn’t matter!

Now I just perfer the swells to be 1ft and have current in the water. I usually cruise up and down the sea wall looking for bait action.

Catching these predators in their environment just makes it all worth it.

Fishing rollover and catching trout with mirrorlure is an awesome experience. Wade fishing the mouth of the pass for gator trouts is fishing at another level of excitement
    Gator trout? Do you mean gator and trout or is that a fish I've just never heard of lol

Trump 2024

Quote Originally Posted by gfejunkie View Post

Thx gfe!

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Gator Trout is a speckled trout 28inch or longer. These are the big boys that people aim to catch for tournaments

Quote Originally Posted by frankocean187 View Post
    Gator Trout is a speckled trout 28inch or longer. These are the big boys that people aim to catch for tournaments
    Damn that's big I'm going to have to Google this I've never heard that term before or better yet seen one that big..

I guess they're more common in Florida from what I read..
    Last edited by Dorthy Monroe; 06-20-2018 at 01:33 PM.

Trump 2024

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Rollover Pass with mirrolure tt-28 for the gator trouts!!! just cast into the pass and walk the dog!! best bite in Texas when you trick those fish to bite a plastic

https://www.crystalbeachlocalnews.com/t-28/

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Yeah, I've never heard the term 'Gator Trout' either - I've always heard then referred to as trophy trout or 'wall hangers'.

As for the water clarity thoughts - I should rephrase - it is indeed a rare event when surf water in Galveston is perfectly clear. Best luck I've had on trout is when the water is at least marginally green. If wind is out of the southwest, I stay home.

A65
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I'll have another beer!

Quote Originally Posted by gfejunkie View Post

so my story is as follows, "officer, i'm capturing bait for deep sea sharkfishing. hoping to land some whites, tigers, n bulls with them thar baitfish." how can he disprove my claim and thus issue me a citation? short answer: he can't.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    so my story is as follows, "officer, i'm capturing bait for deep sea sharkfishing. hoping to land some whites, tigers, n bulls with them thar baitfish." how can he disprove my claim and thus issue me a citation? short answer: he can't.
    I'm going to assume that you don't have a fishing license, go get one and they will hand you a tpwd pamphlet. READ IT!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast