Thread: Austin Rental Market

Registered Male (Not Verified) SirFuxAlot's Avatar

Austin Rental Market

I am posting this for a friend of mine and figured with the diverse crowd we have on here, I may be able to get some helpful insight...or not, I guess we will see: A friend recently moved to Austin for a job that pays really well but her problem is housing. She has an eviction on her record from a few years ago and most apartments won't touch her. She has had to jump from sublease to sublease and even that is getting tough. Are there any viable options out there for her other than continuing the sublease hop or a roommate situation? Any positive input would be appreciated.

Retired Companion
    Yes, she can ask if they would take a co-signer. Or ask if they would take 3 or 6 months rent up front. When I was in property management those are the 2 things that I would give as an alternate way to rent with a broken lease. Good luck to your friend - it's hard out there right now.

144100969_3899528266736930_6834779499526617099_n.jpg

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Anther option is to increase security deposit to 2 or 3 times the monthly rate.

Verified Companion Companion britttany_love's Avatar
    There are apartments in Austin and surrounding that work with evictions and broken leases. Have her reach out to an apartment locator.. free service and they can narrow down the search and help.

Here are a few
    http://apartmentaces.com/property-feature/eviction-ok/

Registered Male (Not Verified) SirFuxAlot's Avatar
    I appreciate everyones insight on this issue. This Austin rental market is really bad right now.

Verified Companion Companion Champagne Brown's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin Ellen View Post

Verified Companion Companion Champagne Brown's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirFuxAlot View Post
    I appreciate everyones insight on this issue. This Austin rental market is really bad right now.
    I feel you, I'm trying to make my move back home and im like yikes. Left home when I was 19, but alot has changed there.

Verified Hobbyist BCD HungAznGuy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirFuxAlot View Post
    I am posting this for a friend of mine and figured with the diverse crowd we have on here, I may be able to get some helpful insight...or not, I guess we will see: A friend recently moved to Austin for a job that pays really well but her problem is housing. She has an eviction on her record from a few years ago and most apartments won't touch her. She has had to jump from sublease to sublease and even that is getting tough. Are there any viable options out there for her other than continuing the sublease hop or a roommate situation? Any positive input would be appreciated.
    Like where is she looking? When I lived there, I found more success outsude of Austin proper. You might get more luck in Pflugerville or Georgetown.