Thread: Covid vaccine

Verified Companion Companion

Covid vaccine

Did you guys hear about the recall on johnson and johnson ?? I know most of you guys have gotten the 2 seperate shots but has any one gotten this one ? I'm praying you guys are all fine .. being pregnant means I can't get vaccinated until the fda approves something safe for baby and momma ... And then wondering about the side effects of breastfeeding ... So much going on in this small world .

You guys stay safe !!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    I have had my first shot of Phizer vaccine, with second round scheduled this coming weekend. Like all vaccinations, there can be risks, and everyone should consult with their doctor.

I believe from the news report I heard this morning, there have been 6 identified cases out of 8 million doses given. That is a rate of 0.00075 cases per 1000 people who have developed blot clots that are believed to possibly be related to receiving the J&J vaccine.

To put that into perspective, from 1985-2002, there were 107-130 cases of potential deadly blood clots per 100,000 caucasian individuals, or 1.07 to 1.3 cases per 1000 people.

This implies that the rate of J&J vaccine linked blood clots is to this point significantly less than the normal population incidence of blood clots.

So while there may be cause for healthy concern, especially amongst people already at a higher risk for blood clots, and in the case of the individuals with the J&J vaccine (young women if I understood the new report), I do not think anyone should lose sleep over having received the J&J vaccine. If you have a concern, reach out to your doctor and watch yourself for symptoms.

Here is the link to my source for the information on blotclots in the US.
    https://www.stoptheclot.org/blood-cl...united-states/

Verified Hobbyist BCD Lespaulmankc's Avatar
    I’m not going anywhere close to those experimental biological agents. With all the good treatment options available and the high survival rate, why inject something that is not FDA approved and where the manufacturers have no legal liability for the product and results?
    Fucking Oklahoma 60 Minutes At A Time.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Well, I had my 2nd Moderna shot three weeks ago.
    No side effects yet, fingers crossed. But I'm more comfortable with everything now.
    Never was much worried with the way treatments are now, and maybe now I'm less likely to give it to someone else.
    I get the flu shot every year, this wasn't that much different to me.

But to each their own.

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    Im supposed to have my second one today, wish me luck.

Registered Male (Not Verified) Smerc's Avatar
    Will have my 2nd pfizer shot in a few days.
    Side effects: slight pressure headache and muscle ache at injection area throughout half my bicep

I have a close relative that got covid and lost taste/smell for a few months after not believing that it was more than a flu.
    They have no interest in getting a vaccine and they're also in the medical field.

Quote Originally Posted by Chivo View Post
    Im supposed to have my second one today, wish me luck.
    Good luck.

Letting y'all know before the admin/guides shut this down, they aren't allowing Covid topics any longer. I would hate to see anyone get reprimanded for not knowing.
    Sharing is caring.
    None of us are perfect & we can (help) each learn as we go.

Good night

Quote Originally Posted by Universal View Post
    Letting y'all know before the admin/guides shut this down, they aren't allowing Covid topics any longer. I would hate to see anyone get reprimanded for not knowing.
    Sharing is caring.
    None of us are perfect & we can (help) each learn as we go.

Good night
    Thanks. I read the quick rules and seen that "conspiracy" was added Feb of this year.
    Assuming it's because these threads tend to turn into an ideology argument/war.

Verified Companion Companion
    Oh wow ��. I didn't know that !

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    I took my second on Friday, was planning to see someone this weekend but now I feel body aches everywhere, those weekend plans went down the drain.

Verified Hobbyist BCD Lespaulmankc's Avatar
    Frankly, it’s not the short-term effects that concern me.
    Fucking Oklahoma 60 Minutes At A Time.

Registered Male (Not Verified) PinkFloyd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lespaulmankc View Post
    I’m not going anywhere close to those experimental biological agents. With all the good treatment options available and the high survival rate, why inject something that is not FDA approved and where the manufacturers have no legal liability for the product and results?
    Complications are popping up, and we are just new. I am cautious. I was around for Thalidamide, and at one time their sales were higher than aspirin, and the said it was perfectly safe. If anybody remembers that it resulted in horrible deformed babies.
    "My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income" Errol Flynn[SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by PinkFloyd View Post
    Complications are popping up, and we are just new. I am cautious. I was around for Thalidamide, and at one time their sales were higher than aspirin, and the said it was perfectly safe. If anybody remembers that it resulted in horrible deformed babies.
    It's the variants that I'm really worried about as younger people are getting snagged by it now. Not that I don't care about older people. My mother works in the med field and has slight health issues already. So a lot of reasoning is going towards that. That being said, had my 2nd one today. Felt much better than the first. The first shot got stabbed into a bigger patch of muscle. Hope my nuts don't fall off in the future.

Speaking of Aspirin. There's some good research online about that and covid if any of yall want to look it up. Just an extra precaution. I'm not a health professional giving medical advice. Only google search advice
    Once again. Not trying to get banned for carrying this one. Delete my posts if needed.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkFloyd View Post
    Thalidamide was some bad business, but was a very unique quirk of chemistry with so-called right-hand vs left-hand molecules. The one hand worked great, and other one caused the problems. Have to ask a chemist the hows and whys.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Got my 2nd Modena shot about a month hour ago, no issues whatsoever. Glad I got the shot. Even if I got Covid and survived, I’m glad now at least I won’t be a carrying agent. It’s not about me as much as this is about how I can help stop the spread to people who can’t fight back. My cousin died from covid a few months ago and I’ve lost several friends as well from COVID. I know plenty who’ve gotten the vaccine, and no one has even been hospitalized.

Vikki, I heard Pfizer is ok to take in the third trimester.