Thread: Appointment Etiquette

Registered Male (Not Verified)

Appointment Etiquette

I've been out for a while but have ventured back for an occasional encounter and wondering both the ladies and guys thoughts on appointment etiquette.

Short backstory... set an appointment for today, texted 15 minutes before to make sure it still worked... texted at appt time, texted 10 minutes later to see if we needed to push appt back, texted 10 minutes later asking if we needed to reschedule, texted 10 minutes later saying I look forward to hearing from her. I understand things happen and plans have to change so not "done" with this well reviewed lady but it leaves me wondering:

1. When should you confirm on appt day and who should confirm?
    2. How long do you wait with no response before just considering it a NCNS?

Hopefully I hear from her and can reschedule.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    They are all so different. I feel your pain and wonder the same sometimes. I generally send out a text two or three hours before the appointment to make sure we are still on. I figure they would have a good idea by then.

If it’s yes, then I text again to let them know when I’m leaving and heading their way. That’s the worse when you drive across the metroplex, or even half way across just to find out they are ncns. It’s happened to me. I would appreciate them to confirm with me before but that hasn’t happened with me yet, so I am the one to check in first. I’m big on communication though.

Pretty much the same as Snarf407. I also let them know when I’m going to text so they’re expecting it (e.g., “I’ll text tomorrow morning to confirm”). If I get no response to the first text the day of the appointment, I may not bother with the second text saying I’m heading her way unless I’m already heading in that direction for other reasons.

Communication is a two-way street. I won’t bombard you with texts if you give me some sign that the date is still on (or not).
    OH2 and Eccie member since 2009. P411 since 2005. Anything before that just makes me sound old. Do not ask me what I paid. These chicks just dig me for my company.

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    I like to confirm an hour before the appointment and I also give an eta but I still have a ncns every now and then. I’d give it about 15 minutes before moving on and finding someone else.