Thread: Best Outdoor & Socially Distancing "Must-Do"

Registered Female (Not Verified)

Question Best Outdoor & Socially Distancing "Must-Do"

Good afternoon. My civi gig has me coming to Dallas in May. I have 2 days of downtime I'm going to use to explore. San Antonio is where I want to see most in Texas.

What are the top must-do's that are outdoors and pretty much social distancing? Outdoor coffee and lunch place suggestions also welcome.

Thanks in advance!
    Can't wait to do more than sit in an airport in Texas!

If you are planning to “provide” while here in SA, you should stay in the airport or Medical Center areas.

For fun, you should check out the Alamo downtown, and the Riverwalk.

There are plenty of lunch places in town with outdoor patios, I’m sure you’ll get plenty of suggestions.

And definitely try the Tex Mex cuisine here. It is muy bueno!
    The four food groups: DFK, DATY, BBBJ, CFS.

Thank you for the suggestions. The Riverwalk was already on my list...I'll definitely make sure I do it.

Another place to visit is anrea known as The Pearl. Lots of places to shop,eat and see. If you go early enough in the morning the Farmers Market there should not be missed. Really!
    "Don't come here and grumble about going too fast. Get the hell out of the race car if you've got feathers on your legs or butt. Put a kerosene rag around your ankles so the ants won't climb up there and eat that candy ass."

Dale Earnhardt

9/11 Memorial

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoa View Post
    Another place to visit is anrea known as The Pearl. Lots of places to shop,eat and see. If you go early enough in the morning the Farmers Market there should not be missed. Really!
    +1, my last RW girlfriend had a place there and it was lots of fun. I had only seen the touristy areas of the river walk but the area around the Pearl was gorgeous including historical items ,waterfalls while walking up river.. and great food /drinks .
    Last edited by bigbalz; 03-30-2021 at 01:33 AM. Reason: grammar edit

Verified Companion Companion AlexandraSand's Avatar
    Between Austin & San Antonio, San Marvelous incall
    Guadalupe river floating and camping in New Braunfels, 30 minutes between Austin and San Antonio.
    Your Gorgeous European Seductress
    San Marcos upscale incall with sexy atmosphere. Outcall - maybe- please ask.

1 hour Coffee date 500 2 hour Champagne adventure 900 Introduction and Full Body Sensual Massage L1 250/L2 300
    Pegging 1hr 500 Foot fetish friendly!

No review. Available to Generous Gentleman 45+
    https://preferred411.com/P282315
    Reviews here: https://eccie.net/showthread.php?t=2512141

Wow I'm going to have to add the Pearl and maybe even river floating. There's so much to do.

Best coffee? How did I forget best coffee? Where's it at? (I'll be in Dallas, Austin and San Antonio. Need coffee to survive lol.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll post more when my trip is firmed up.

Retired Companion

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by JezebelJaya View Post
    Wow I'm going to have to add the Pearl and maybe even river floating. There's so much to do.

Best coffee? How did I forget best coffee? Where's it at? (I'll be in Dallas, Austin and San Antonio. Need coffee to survive lol.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll post more when my trip is firmed up.
    Jumping on the bandwagon to suggest PEARL and guess what?! There’s a splendid coffee shop right there on the grounds! It’s called Local Coffee- 302 Pearl Parkway. You mentioned lunch- also in the Pearl, next door to Local Coffee, you’ll find Bakery Lorraine. They have wonderful soups, salads, and sandwiches. Splurge and grab a couple of their macaroons- best in town. You can also grab a glass of wine from the food hall on the property and walk around with it. Pearl is on the bank of the river walk so it’s pretty much the best bang for your buck.

If you happen to be bringing a dog, you’re in luck. Pearl is 100% canine friendly. Be sure and dip on in to Hotel Emma for a look around the lobby. They’ve taken a bunch of the equipment from the old brewery and repurposed it into their interior design. It’s really cool.

Have fun and enjoy our beautiful city!

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    The PEARL also has a great ice cream place called 'Lick' (Really, I kid you not!) Quirky flavor combos, fresh and organic.

Pearl, coffee & lick - on the list!
    (Also might be a good ad title lmao)

Thanks y'all. I appreciate all of the recommendations. At 40, I am fortunate enough my kids are grown and gone and somehow I survived...I want to visit all 50 states by 2022!

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Quote Originally Posted by JezebelJaya View Post
    Local at Pearl is ok, but the best coffee in the city (IMO; I roast my own beans) is Estate on E. Houston. They have some tables to sit outside. Their flavored lattes and mocha are superb.

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    If you get a chance, go to SMOkeS. Out door bar b que bar with some pretty solid Q. Take a friend or ask someone to meet you there for a meet and greet