Thread: Newbie Question

Verified Hobbyist BCD

Newbie Question

Had my first visit and now have a review to share. Should I do it now or wait until my verification comes through. Haven't had access to see a full one yet, so not 100% sure how it works.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Your choice. Reviews don’t confer any special perks here...like on the e site. That said, most verified hobbyists give more credence to a review from a fellow verified hobbyist then one who is not. Strong suggestion, do look at other reviews and look up the sticky threads on defeating the review template gremlin. If you write a poor review the other hobbyists will cut you no slack.

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    I'm not new here, but not experienced either. How do you get verified on this site?

Verified Hobbyist BCD Eightpack212's Avatar
    I’m not trying to be disrespectful at all (seriously I’m not). But just curious, when you signed up for OH2, did you ever get a general warm-welcome message in your inbox from Ck1942?

I only ask, because when I first joined OH2, back in September, I received one, and inside that message featured details about getting verified...So I’m curiously asking with no disrespect at all.

Last edited by Eightpack212; 02-24-2021 at 11:53 AM. Reason: For some strange reason my post in #4, posted twice.

I’m sure we all get that message

Verified Hobbyist BCD Jack Burton's Avatar
    We appreciate reviews. We appreciate it more when they are posted in a timely manner.
    Verification has taken some time for different members due to varying reasons. Hopefully it is sooner for you. Once you are verified, you can read more of each review to get a good idea of what is beneficial information to share.
    Thank you for wanting to contribute.
    Just remember what ol’ Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol’ storm right square in the eye and he says, “Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it."

Quote Originally Posted by whizbang13 View Post
    I’m sure we all get that message
    Lol! Ok! So that’s my next question...

If we all are getting the same message...why does it seem like no one is reading it? Since the questions about verification, is answered specifically in that general welcome message from Ck1942?

Im not trying to sound like a d*** or a smart a** by asking. I’m just legit curious, and asking with all due respect

Quote Originally Posted by Eightpack212 View Post
    Lol! Ok! So that’s my next question...

If we all are getting the same message...why does it seem like no one is reading it? Since the questions about verification, is answered specifically in that general welcome message from Ck1942?

Im not trying to sound like a d*** or a smart a** by asking. I’m just legit curious, and asking with all due respect
    I dont know about others but I have read it and i'm pretty sure i've followed the guidelines correctly. I will keep trying and hopefully it works next time.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    RyanDallas:
    At the top of the Welcome Wagon - Dallas forum, there are three "sticky" threads. The second thread explains the verification process. If review of that thread doesn't answer your question, you may PM me and I will be happy to share what little practical knowledge I have. LOL

It just makes me scratch my head in legit curiosity lol. But oh well, good luck to everyone on the road to getting verified. I hope we all, will make it to the verified side soon.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    One thing that I found helpful was to ask providers to send message to ck and provide me a copy. That way you know it was sent and if you experience a delay in verification you can referenced the messages in following up. Remember, Mods are uncompensated, not their full time jobs, so it does take a while sometimes due to volume and time that they have available.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Just stumbled upon the thread again.a

I wasn't complaining about the amount of time it was taking to get verified or the steps to take to get verified. I knew it would take a while.
    (although it's june and it still hasn't happened, makes me think both girls I saw did not email like they said they would)

My simple question was should I go ahead and write my first review while waiting for verification or wait until it came through.

If that was covered in the email I definitely missed it.

Verified Hobbyist BCD DocHoliday's Avatar
    In a secret, heavliy defended, underground lair somewhere in the OH2 Badlands
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanDallas View Post
    I'm not new here, but not experienced either. How do you get verified on this site?
    Follow these instructions to the letter.

https://home.ourhome2.net/showthread...yist-Candidate
    Newbie members friendly. Troll inhospitable & I have an ever growing troll ignore list!!!
    I’m your Huckleberry and this hobby is just my game. Ladies, just say when!! #Pussy Posse founding member
    If you’re BSC, probably BSC, a drama Queen/King, WK or troll, DON’T PM me or post in my threads
    Thanks for your cooperation.
    Email for issues is support@ourhome2.net The verification process is HERE The review gremlin patch is HERE