Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: inclement weather

Registered Male (Not Verified)

inclement weather

Ladies and Gents, just curious how will you be adjusting your schedule with this weather. i made a 1pm appt for today, did the whole 9 yards in the shower and opened the door to leave the house to see ice on my windshield. i canceled.

Think of how bad the average driver is here and now increase their ineptitude by 400%. Safety first. Texans just don't handle cold/ice very well.

Verified Hobbyist BCD Wolfenstein4096's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oam2.0 View Post
    Think of how bad the average driver is here and now increase their ineptitude by 400%. Safety first. Texans just don't handle cold/ice very well.
    I agree with this. The temperature drops to 40 degrees and Texans start dressing like they're climbing Mt. Everest and start driving like they're continually having a series of small strokes.

Verified Hobbyist BCD peachlover64's Avatar
    Weather blows, hobby will close up for all next week, at least outcalls

Verified Companion Companion SweetKimberly's Avatar
    I've been busier than ever.
    Escape from Reality Today
    Kimberly, (512) 897-6961
    I'm available Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday from 10:00a.m. - 7:00p.m.
    South Lamar District
    Lots of Parking Steps From My Door
    Pet Free
    Non-smoker
    Low Volume Provider
    Newbie & Reference Friendly
    Allow my Trained Hands to Relax Your Body and Worship Your Soul

Verified Hobbyist BCD KosherCowboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oam2.0 View Post
    It's interesting how the cars in the accidents and ditched all have TX tags while the out of state tags are flying down the road. Must keep in mind that we do not change our tires down here in the fall and again in March so many of these cars are not gripping the road well than add in locals who don't know how to use the brakes on ice... They also need to learn not to fly across bridges or hit their brakes other than a very light tap on a bridge, few spinouts yesterday on the one by me. They close the spaghetti bowls down here too but probably wise not enough salt or trucks to make salt drops continuously nor the 24/7 traffic of the metropolises to keep the ground semi warm

Registered Male (Not Verified) Texson's Avatar
    As a sun lover I will say it's too damn cold to get on the road for some hobbying. Personally the idea of having a provider spending the evening in the warmth of my house sounds really good but I don't know any providers well enough for that.

Maybe time to reflect on all those you said you'd see when Hell froze over. J/S
    Have you ever considered that the "Writing on the Wall" might be a forgery?

Every time I read a review I keep waiting for Paul Harvey to say, "And now.. the Rest Of The Story."
    I am NOT a White Knight, just a bleached bastard.
    My gallery album gets updated occasionally.

I do NOT share any pics I've taken without an "OK" from the model!

Retired Companion
    Oh this is crazy! I've got the heater going full blast and the fireplace on. Everytime I open the front door I'm like "Ima gonna die!." My dogs won't even go out in this weather! So we all just stay home and hope the heater doesn't go out!

What are they saying about Sunday? I am supposed to be flying in that afternoon. Already took my winter coat out of storage for the trip - we are in shorts and t-shirts here in South FL. American just alerted me that flights may be delayed or canceled on Sunday. I hope not. I was hoping to play this trip!

Registered Male (Not Verified) Texson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruizer67 View Post
    What are they saying about Sunday? I am supposed to be flying in that afternoon. Already took my winter coat out of storage for the trip - we are in shorts and t-shirts here in South FL. American just alerted me that flights may be delayed or canceled on Sunday. I hope not. I was hoping to play this trip!
    Going to be fucking cold in a couple of days. The kind of cold Texans are not equipped to handle. Don't come here unless you are from the great white north.

Verified Hobbyist BCD Adonisman's Avatar
    Hell I am stuck at home. I live in the Hills and cannot leave my neighborhood. Roads are too icy. You'd be a fool to drive the freeways today. I googled traffic in Austin a few minutes ago.. All red, roads closed. flyovers closed

Verified Companion Companion NikkiGhost's Avatar
    I'm in hibernation

as a former Iowan/Minnesotan.....Yall are a bunch of babies with cold/snow/ice here. Just sayin. Used to deal with this 6 months of every year. Yall can't even drive in the rain here, i suggest you stay the heck home in snow/ice.

Quote Originally Posted by Texson View Post
    Going to be fucking cold in a couple of days. The kind of cold Texans are not equipped to handle. Don't come here unless you are from the great white north.
    I have no choice - relocating to Austin in June, and need to come out to get some stuff done at our new house...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast