Thread: Does anyone have a Time sert 5553 repair kit that I can borrow for one day

Does anyone have a Time sert 5553 repair kit that I can borrow for one day

My Ford truck blew a spark plug and my mechanic can fix it but because it's a triton engine ford 2008 I need a very specific kit in order to rethread the cyclendar. So please of you have one that I could use for 1 afternoon you would be a god send....I really can't afford the kit and the repair right now...to buy the kit it costs 479 dollars and thats just the kit I still have to buy spark plug, coil pack and a couple other pieces. Thank you and of course for lending me this kit you would get a free appt.

Verified Hobbyist BCD Precious_b's Avatar
    Dealer price? I am not familiar with Triton engines *BUT* VW engines back in the day had this issue (especially with shade tree mechanics) of people stripping the nut in bolts in their aluminium engines. You can try and see if an autosupply place has a helicoil repair kit for it. The size listed for the number you have is M14x1.25. I find a kit on Amazon that is half the price you list.
    Will always PM from this or the other site as initial contact.

My Huckleberry

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    I will check at work tomorrow. We normally just take our cylinder heads to a machine shop to be fixed. Probably won't cost more than a couple hundred dollars but the turn around time on it could be a week. If you're interested I can xall them tomorrow to see what the cost would be and if the head is already off I can possibly pick it up and take it there. Just out of curiosity, why would your mechanic have you looking for the tool? I've never had a customer my a specific tool and if i don't have a specialized tool, I turn the job down.

Not hobby related.

Moved to the proper forum.
    "Don't come here and grumble about going too fast. Get the hell out of the race car if you've got feathers on your legs or butt. Put a kerosene rag around your ankles so the ants won't climb up there and eat that candy ass."

Dale Earnhardt

9/11 Memorial