Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: COVID-19: Has it affected the way you Hobby?

Verified Companion Companion Leslie Lane's Avatar

COVID-19: Has it affected the way you Hobby?

I’m on my Coffee (Coke Zero) break at work, so I apologize beforehand for any misspellings or grammatical errors. It’s an overnight shift and by 3am...I can get a bit delirious. l

So, I’ve recently been wondering about Covid and the impact it’s had on the providers and gentleman that currently participate in the hobby. How it’s affected the way they Hobby and if there any precautions that are taken by them to lessen the risk of exposure. Are you (ladies and gentlemen) legitimately concerned about the potential risk of getting infected or do you have a more lackadaisical view on the whole subject matter?

*Lurkers...please feel free to chime in. For every one well known poster, there’s about 50-100 of you guys! Or quite possibly more. I’m curious if it’s affected the way you gentleman hobby as well.

I personally go a bit overboard with the precautions that I take. I recently ended a session after the first 30 minutes, gave a full refund and politely asked that we re-schedule once he got his negative results back if he decided to go get testing done. I haven’t heard back from him, and that’s ok. ‘Sometimes it be that way....
    My information can be found under the “About Me” section of my profile. Please read it before messaging me. Thank you!!

I should note, that as an essential worker I get tested for Covid 1-2x a week. And as a Phase 1 employee, I’m also scheduled for my first dose of the vaccine this upcoming week. So, I do take Covid-19 serious. But I do believe that your risk of exposure is limited as long as you follow certain safety guidelines and take safety precautions.

As for me and the Hobby, I’m very low volume. I take temperature checks before sessions. I then assess my patient..err, I mean client for any noticeable side affects such as coughing, dry mouth, breathing irregularities, early onset respiratory issues, loss of taste, loss of smell, nasal congestion, fatigue etc.) during the first 30min-1hr while we’re hanging out and having drinks, snacking on pastries/chocolate or my favorite (whipped cream;) and engaging in conversation. It’s ok..these are my 2hr sessions and they run long! lol But yes, I do go a bit overboard. But I try not to make it obvious!! Well, except when they walk in and the first thing I do is bring out my Nokia digital thermometer and check their temperature. Umm..yes I do!! lol
    Last edited by Leslie Lane; 01-10-2021 at 06:04 AM.
    My information can be found under the “About Me” section of my profile. Please read it before messaging me. Thank you!!

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    As far as hobbying goes, not really. I stay out of the lower level amps now. But whether it be amps or companions,, I meet up and do the visual inspection, lol. Are they presentable? Is the room clean? Does it smell bad? A “no” answer to either of those leads me to believe that you’re not a very clean person and so I leave. I’ve been doing that pre-covid, though.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    For a guy at least... I'm sure not even a zombie apocalypse virus could stop our wanting to hobby. In all seriousness for a guy, some may have been furloughed and have no more income. Some older folks may be in the vulnerable range and don't want to risk it. And for a younger guy like myself, I've just found options limited through no fault of my own. AMP's have been unchanged mostly so I've been frequenting more.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    glad to hear Leslie takes temps digitally, not sure how many of us would like it taken the old fashioned way. :)

Quote Originally Posted by monkalicious View Post
    For a guy at least... I'm sure not even a zombie apocalypse virus could stop our wanting to hobby. In all seriousness for a guy, some may have been furloughed and have no more income. Some older folks may be in the vulnerable range and don't want to risk it. And for a younger guy like myself, I've just found options limited through no fault of my own. AMP's have been unchanged mostly so I've been frequenting more.
    As in a rectal thermometer?

LoL - I bet some guys would prefer it.

In my NYE session with Leslie Lane, she took my temperature and there was no GFE kissing as in lips or tongue but I was OK with that. Loads of fun.

SF
    To all the virgins out there "thanks for nothing."

The four food groups as penned by per sir FootLong: DFK, DATY, BBBJ, CFS.

P411 certified

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    that would be a heck of an introduction, "hello, drop your pants and get on all fours." Then you have 5 minutes of chit chat while you wait....

Registered Male (Not Verified) Texson's Avatar
    I've seen several providers that have posted their Covid test results and to me that is a good indication that they are professional and take all health issues seriously. Very big plus for those providers.

I definitely appreciate any provider that does temperature checks and adheres to basic precautions.

I mean...if you bring your Covid test...we can surely SMOOCH. lol But, it was my first session in many, many years and I was nervous as heck! But I do work with the most vulnerable patients in the Healthcare Field and I have to be extra careful. Working in Hospice is no joke. Hence, why I needed a little break and return to the Hobby for a bit. That and...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_yAr4YqrQ6Y

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Leslie, given your background, what have you read/heard about Covid contagion after 14 days? I read that you can still test positive up to 3 months but not be contagious. The lack of symptoms are the key factors in determining contagion, it seems.

Verified Hobbyist BCD peachlover64's Avatar
    That video made me laugh my ass off!

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    I’m more of a new lurker, but I wouldn’t consider any kind of precaution extreme these days. It would actually probably put me at ease.

I actually got my vaccine luckily, but you still can’t be too careful.

Hi Leslie.

I hobby mmmMaybe twice a year.

My shallow pockets and discretionary tastes limit my hobby interaction.

Covid has placed an even larger barrier to my hobbying in the past year.

I am extremely concientious about shopping and hygiene.

I am tier 2 and will get the vaccine as soon as possible, but my SO will not be getting hers until April.
    Sooooo, looks like May will be my earliest dip back into the hobbying pool.

Sometimes it's hell being horny and socially responsible.
    Opinions and Assholes. Sometimes it's difficult to tell the difference - especially when you can't separate the two.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Me and covid don't mix!.... I have my own precautions, a must for me...
    Has it put a damp on my hobby?... hmmm! Just staying aware and safe, safer! ( when in the hobby, cover up all activities, including a piece of seran wrap when kissing...haha!)

..in addition, anyone getting a covid test and comes out negative, that person is susceptible to getting covid on their next trip to?... wherever, once you get covid that person may or may not enhance their antibodies for next time. A covid vaccine is not a guarantee to immunity ( just our peace of mind), just like getting a flu shot, but hopefully its not as severe.
    Covid precautions are similar to the flu/ cold or in many instances any virus...keep your distance, stay away from people that are ill or show signs of infection.
    Covid is 99.6% survival rate (its just harsh when you get it)... if you are old, like me and have compromised immune system (hands up) chances are you still survive covid, children and youngsters have a higher rate to survive, like many of you! (then me, because I am old, well a little old!)... so we may live in a bubble or just enjoy life and take precautions, like me! ..a quote "we have nothing to fear, but fear itself!"
    Last edited by ttmax; 01-11-2021 at 04:25 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast