Thread: Good Point

Verified Hobbyist BCD Wolfenstein4096's Avatar

Good Point

I was talking recently to someone about reviews, and this person made a really good point about long, detailed reviews that honestly had never occurred to me. When reviews include graphic, blow-by-blow descriptions, they might inadvertently be problematic. First, hobbyists who've already seen the provider being reviewed may see something in the review that wasn't offered or didn't happen in their own session with said provider. As a result, the hobbyist may feel like he missed out on something. Additionally, though, reviews like this create an expectation for those hobbyists who have not yet seen the provider being reviewed: they may expect that something will be available to them just because it happened in a session for a previous patron.

One additional point that I thought about as I was turning this over in my head: long, detailed reviews leave nothing to the imagination, and that's a potential problem for some (like me). When I go to a strip club, the excitement is anticipatory: I'm most stimulated by the mystery of what lies beneath the skimpy clothing, not by the reveal. So when I read a review that includes EVERYTHING, it kind of ruins it for me. There is no longer any mystery. It's similar to when providers post photos in which they're completely exposed: nothing is left to the imagination.

Anyway, I thought this person made a really good point, and I'll keep it very much in mind when writing future reviews (which will save me a LOT of time because my reviews are just too damn long). But, I'm really interested in what others think, especially the providers. Thoughts?

i'm ok with the fun of anticipation but not interested in mystery or "the unknown". quite the contrary ... not interested in surprises. yes, there can be good surprises. "i was surprised at how pretty she is. pics don' do her justice." "I was surprised at how friendly/charming" ... etc. but when i selected this provider, i tried to eliminate surprises because most surprises don't work out in the monger's favor.

i'm big on connection. when i choose a booking a lot depends on how well the provider and i connected during the 'exploration/research' process. so i'm reading the review for the sense of fun. the connection. the activities ... shoot .. i'm pretty close to the gfe floor. i'm interested in the reviewer's opinion ... but mostly ... how he felt. which is another reason i don't regard all reviews as being equal. newbies often don't know what they are talking about. over time i discern which reviewers have similar tastes ... and pick up similar insights from the postings in the general forums.

speaking of which ... i really miss naughty naomi ... if she would come back i would be all over her ... figuratively speaking
    A provider standing in the shadows once said: "I just can't do civvie sex. I'm too fucking spoiled!" (truth)

For ladies who can’t be bothered reading profiles: … old guy … long hair and full beard … not a stud muffin … not every woman’s dream … but polite ... very, very gfe, smooching, cuddling ... more smooching

Verified Hobbyist BCD Eightpack212's Avatar
    Hi Wolfenstein4096 nice thread here.

I think this now opens up the question to, what are the different types of reviews out there.
    So far, as you classified we have the long, detailed blow-by-blow descriptions, and now we have/will have the ones that are crafted to leave a little mystery and imagination for the reader.

--
    Me personally, I like to create and read the long, detailed blow-by-blow description reviews from hobbyist. I want to know everything the provider allowed in the session, what the experience felt like of what she allowed, and anything she didn't like (if mentioned). I understand that, the review left by one hobbyist is something that he might have been able to only get because of his connection with the provider.

But, if I read something in the review that piqued my interest, and I thought it would be cool to add that into my session. Then, that allows me to inquire with the provider about it, to see if she would be open to playing out that same scene/fantasy with me.

And also, if that hobbyist who has already seen the provider (featured in that long detailed review) felt like they missed out on something in their own session, well, hey. That hobbyist can now go back to that provider, request/inquire about that activity/fantasy that was missing and get the pleasure of adding it into the new session (if the provider allows), and after that session, that hobbyist could create a new review detailing the new experience, and the provider gets more free-promo as well. Win-Win right?

But cool, stuff here Wolfenstein4096. Whenever I do get verified, I would love to see how you craft your reviews going forward since, you will be keeping in mind to leave a little something to the imagination of the reader.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    When I hobbied more regularly pre-covid, if I had planned to see a provider for the first time, I would read her existing reviews before AND after our meeting. On a few occasions I found patterns of reviewers whose review style and accuracy (or PERCEIVED lack thereof) generally matched my experience. So I could better gage an upcoming meeting based on my opinions of hobbyists and their reviews.

To each their own about preferences in details. I would lean towards more detail. Reading words on a screen and experiencing touch, taste, sight, and smell in person are two different things for me.

BANNED MULTIPLE HANDLE VIOLATIONS aka killeeninformer2
    I think if you're emotionally invested or immature to the point that you get bothered by the idea a girl will do for others what she won't for you... maybe you should read the details? Maybe you should grow up? Hate to break it to you but there are dudes they don't even charge.

Shocking I know.

The only exception I can think for this would be that if a girl is willing to do something for you that's "off the menu" and a dude is writing a review communication should take place so the girl is inundated with butt mad man children going "Buuuttt yooouuuuu did it for himmmm."

Verified Companion Companion Ava In Austin's Avatar
    Below is my comment on the topic of reviews from previous threads:

I understand and respect that each person has their own opinion on reviews. And, I appreciate that OH2 respects a provider’s preference on this, which is the main reason I joined. I am also well aware that there are guys who will not see a lady who is not reviewed. And, they have that right.

I have a no review policy because personally I don’t like how graphic they are. And, I feel our time BCD is personal, private and between consenting adults where discretion paramount. And, each encounter is as unique as the individuals who are enjoying that experience ;)

Now with all of that noted, I am okay with a testimonial or even being vouched for. And, when a guy asks about my lack of reviews (which rarely happens) I simply let him know there is no negative information out there on me either. For guys who are nervous, new to this realm or who have been burned in the past, I offer a “CatFish” clause, that allows the gent to politely bow-out should he feel that is the case with me. Though no one has ever done that :-)

So, that is my opinion for me. I understand and respect that other ladies appreciate and want reviews. The beauty of OH2 is that each provider decides for herself :) Thank you CK!
    Rare Ink-Free Girlfriend Companion!
    Sweet, Discreet & Elite
    Lover of courteous respectful gentlemen, including
    newbies, traveling, younger & you awesome local guys!
    I do not care to be reviewed, being vouched for is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by austinperv View Post
    I think if you're emotionally invested or immature to the point that you get bothered by the idea a girl will do for others what she won't for you... maybe you should read the details? Maybe you should grow up? Hate to break it to you but there are dudes they don't even charge.

Shocking I know.

The only exception I can think for this would be that if a girl is willing to do something for you that's "off the menu" and a dude is writing a review communication should take place so the girl is inundated with butt mad man children going "Buuuttt yooouuuuu did it for himmmm."
    ^ Yup. But I think you meant to say, "maybe you shouldn't read the details..."? However, yea, nice points
    -MG

Quote Originally Posted by Ava In Austin View Post
    I have a no review policy because personally I don’t like how graphic they are. And, I feel our time BCD is personal, private and between consenting adults where discretion paramount. And, each encounter is as unique as the individuals who are enjoying that experience ;)

<snipped - MG>

For guys who are nervous, new to this realm or who have been burned in the past, I offer a “CatFish” clause, that allows the gent to politely bow-out should he feel that is the case with me. Though no one has ever done that :-)
    Cool Ava. No review policy is also a good idea particularly once you're established (certainly not all the graphic details) and I think the "catfish" policy you mentioned is cool too. Nice!
    -MG

Verified Hobbyist BCD InTheWind's Avatar
    Reviews are really helpful if you keep in mind YMMV. The main points to gather include does she really provide vs being a scam? Is she GFE lite? GFE? PSE? MSOG? Yes you can’t expect your session to be exactly like a review, but you should be able to determine if she offers the type of session you prefer.
    Clitoris Connoisseur