Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: How would you have expected a provider to handle a situation like this?

Registered Male (Not Verified) The Monk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Becky View Post
    So I’ve seen Kai’s apartment...

There’s no where she could “ step out “ to call the client - the walls are thin and if she went outside to call then her neighbors would also possibly hear the conversation.
    I personally, would never answer a client call infront if anyone in my personal life - especially not a maintenance man for my landlords !

had the hobbyist only had a small window of time - he should have made that known before sending the deposit

Her building literally has ONE maintenance man, a poor old man that literally has to struggle to fix stacked washers & dryers by himself.... so yes knowing Kai, she would have been in the laundry closet (key word here is closet) trying to help him.

As soon as she could, he got his deposit - and I fully agree with her cancelling because of her behavior - like Doc said, usually other issues there!

Happy new year guys!
    Who woulda thunk that other tenants could hear texts? Those walls must be thin!

I think the cavalry failed.
    In the Night...In The Dark

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    im, again, just trying to clear up your timeline here. So, you cleared up that you called maintenance couple hours ago and calling it emergency. So, with that knowledge in mind, you knew that maintenance would be coming later that day but not knowing when. However, despite that knowledge, you didnt communicate that to the gentlemen while his trying to book and still ask for a deposit as if it was a normal day and you would be able to book him. What would've happen if you actually schedule with him while he was there maintenance came or he came while you were in the middle of it? or even while his entering your place? With all those "fears and questions" in mind, wouldn't it be smarter to just not take the gentlemen's deposit in the first place and tell him "hey, i can schedule you after maintenance is done then ill take your deposit and make the time"?

Another question point i wanted to make is that you were bascially communicating fine. Right up until, he sends his deposit then it was maintenance guy. Call me a skeptic but hard to imagine the coincidence in that timing. But if that was the case, it would still take the maintenance guy to setup his tool and diagnose what the situation is before starting on any repairs. During that time, you can easily text the gentlemen about his deposit but you didnt. And yes, his behavior is a bit aggressive but look at it from his point of view, you told him that a small deposit is require. after the deposit, i will let you know about the time. He sends deposit then hears nothing from you. Realize he might be scammed out of some money. So, in frustration, he wanted to clear things up with you to know that if his actually getting scammed and be mad. Everyone will be mad if they got scammed out of something. If anyone rant or behave aggressively because they thought they were cheated and fell into a shitty situation are consider to be aggressive, i think everyone is consider aggressive that way then. (i cannot attest to his previous behavior. it can be that his really just an aggressive person and good that you didnt book him) But, im only justifying base on the information given. Imagine the situation is reversed. You got called on an outcall and booked an uber and travel to a gentlemen's hotel. Communication is fine right up until you ask for his room number then is silence for hours. You wouldve send him multiple text and probably even called him a couple times too right? Then, he tells you ohh i just an emergency sorry here ill only pay for your uber cost. There would be a very angry you with some aggressive text too right? anyways, im not trying to blame or defend anyone here just analyzing your situation since you were asking for what couldve been done better

Verified Hobbyist BCD dwiserlaw's Avatar
    First, you told him you would contact him after getting the deposit. If he sent you the deposit and you started not responding, what else is he going to think? Like you said, you two have never met before so he doesn't know if you are going to disappear with his deposit or not.

Second, if he was rude and aggressive from the beginning, why would you even consider meeting him? It does not make any sense at all and it all sounds like you are just trying to cover your reputation after this threAd is not going as you were expecting.

Third, if you ghost someone (not on purpose I guess) after getting the deposit, then you have to expect that person is going to be frustrated so just because they start giving you an attitude, you can't just come here and expect everyone to cheer you up.

Finally, based on what you have mentioned so far here, you handled it poorly. But like you said, you can always improve and I truly hope you can have better days and stay safe.

My 2 cents

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4