Thread: Roseanne

Roseanne

Kind of curious as to how those that feel about her show being pulled despite the huge success of the reboot.

I'll be the first to say that it is very interesting. Roseanne always had no filter and that she championed for much of the LBGTQ since Sara Gilbert (Darlene) the actor that played David and a couple other cast members are lesbian or gay.

As an AA male knowing her history, what she said was wrong and certainly needed to harsh kick in the hind parts. I hate it for everyone else on the staff to be out of a job since only Dan Goodman and Sara Gilbert have had solid careers since the first run.

I did find it interesting that many people came out saying she exercised her first amendment rights. I have my own thoughts on that but I'll leave it for now on the thread.
    220: "2econd 2 n0ne"

"Someday if you're lucky, you will wake up and realize you are old...your belly will go soft, your pretty ass will sag, your back will ache in the night; gray hairs will sprout from your ears. Make sure you fucked your fill before that day!"

Oberian Martell "The Red Viper"...Game of Thrones

Verified Hobbyist BCD YssupRider's Avatar
    First of all, Trump claimed credit for her success ... today, Twump is complaining that ABC hasn't apologized to him for all "the HORRIBLE statements made and said about me on ABC." He still doesn't understand, does he?

Second of all, Roseanne now claims it was the Ambien making her crazy. RIGHT! Just like when she and her hubby Tom Arnold made a mockery of the national anthem at a baseball game, screaming the song, grabbing her crotch and spitting. (She was lucky she didn't kneel ... LOL)

Third of all ... enough Goddammit! Regardless of the mean spirited, ultra-divisive identify politics promoted by the current schoolyard bully's regime, the American people are repeatedly standing up to bigotry. It's NOT OK and has no place in America in 2018. And Roseanne WASN'T making a joke.

Sure, she has a right to say whatever she wants. But ABC has no obligation to its employees.

IMHO, Roseanne She peaked when she played Rodney Dangerfield's wife on the Young Comic's Special back in the 90s.

Good riddance!

I believe in free speech.
    But be careful of what you say, there are a lot of snowflakes that will be hurt, and it can harm your career. Ex. Rosanne...

I never liked Rosanne, I never watched any of her shows. She is an extremist in free speech, she doesn't care who she offends. Kudos to her for her belief's.
    My opinion: She is ugly. She is crass. She is not my type. I despise her. Not because of her speeches, I despise her because she thinks she is rich, famous(in her mind) and that she is better than the rest of us lesser humans. Money don't buy you class. Ex. Rosanne...

ABC is looking out for their best interest, MONEY!!! They know she hurt the feelings of Jews, Blacks, Gays, Democrats, Republicans... Basically everyone, in just one speech/tweet, whatever platform she used, I didn't read it or listen to it. I just saw the headlines of who she offended.
    If she would have only singled out just 1 race, nationality or religion, it may not have been as bad on her or her show. She offended everyone. She deserves what she gets for thinking she is above the rest of the worlds population because she had a hit show 20 years ago and she is wealthy.
    She has no money worries. She has no fame worries. She will always be Rosanne. The person who can offend everyone with just one speech.
    Everyone knows her. Everyone recognizes her.
    She is the same as Kayne West, the Kardashians, ect. When no one remembers you, or you lose popularity, just say or do something stupid and you will get richer and your popularity will soar.
    This isn't over. It will be discussed online, in the news media, in political parties, in Hollywood. It will be on SNL, it will be in the Enquirer, ect. She will never lose her popularity now. She will always be the fat ugly, nasty woman who can offend anyone.
    Unlike when a man says the same thing and it goes in one ear and out the next. Women cannot talk like a man and get away with it.

Retired Site "Guide"

Quote Originally Posted by Warpt View Post
    Women cannot talk like a man and get away with it.