Thread: Gym workout partner!!

Verified Companion (RIP) Companion

Gym workout partner!!

So I am looking to join a gym I don't really drink besides a glass of wine here or there nothing crazy.
    I went from 189 to 149lbs and taking my health and what I eat and drink seriously.
    Let me know if there anyone else out there who might want to be a workout partner with me or motivation couch.
    Not looking to barter sessions.

Would you be interested in biking with me?
    That's been my major exercise for the last couple years.
    I try to ride about 4 times a week for between 1-2 hours.

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    I'd incorporate Intermittent Fasting (window eating) as well as it'll lean you up.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    I’m NASM, TRX, AED/CPR certified and have been training for nearly 10 years. If you’re interested.

The gym is a great start on your journey, just know that 90% is diet and 10% is working out in terms of reaching your goals. Some great gyms to check out are golds gym, lifetime and fitness connection. Just remember there seems to be a misconception as far as the weight you lift vs repetitions that’ll make you look manly. Science supports that anything that can elevate your heart rate above 130 is good enough to burn calories efficiently for lifting. You can also include HIIT which will help you reach your goal faster!

Verified Companion (RIP) Companion
    I decided to wait to join a gym. As much as I want to with the covid thing going the way they are if I can avoid trouble I will.
    I am embarrassed to say but I don't know how to ride a bike. I know it is silly but just one of those funny facts about me :)
    Yes eating and drinking alcohol has made a big difference in my body even today ( Thanksgiving family commented on my weight lost)
    I know with working out I don't get the misconception I will turn into a body builder. A woman hormones and body is different from males when it comes to gaining muscles mass/

What area of town? I’m down to go if I’m near ya, but not crossing the river for anyone between 3-7pm!! I love walking lady bird lake and sanctuary yoga is great. My dr told me to wear TWO sports bras if I ran. I thought he was joking. Sigh. He wasn’t. That made it creepier, but I do what he says.

I find I have an accountability partner(s) and start off easy that I tend to stick with it more. Way to go on the weightloss girl! I bet ya feel better already!! Slow clap.

Verified Companion Companion
    I would love to work out with you, going outdoor hiking on a trail. Im a fitness freak but I am super out of shape.

Verified Hobbyist BCD risn2theoccasion2's Avatar
    I would love a workout partner. I will even take care of the gym fees. No trade required. I just want an accountability partner(s) to help keep me motivated. PM me if interested!
    Ask about any of my past encounters.

Rudeness is the weak persons imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer

Supporting selfish people is a waste of time and energy! They will always find an excuse to blame you for their own mistakes!
    ― Lily Amis

As you proceed through life, following your own path, birds will shit on you. Dont bother to brush it off. Getting a comedic view of your situation gives you spiritual distance. Having a sense of humor saves you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennatx View Post
    I decided to wait to join a gym. As much as I want to with the covid thing going the way they are if I can avoid trouble I will.
    I am embarrassed to say but I don't know how to ride a bike. I know it is silly but just one of those funny facts about me :)
    Yes eating and drinking alcohol has made a big difference in my body even today ( Thanksgiving family commented on my weight lost)
    I know with working out I don't get the misconception I will turn into a body builder. A woman hormones and body is different from males when it comes to gaining muscles mass/
    I go to golds gym at least 2-3 times a week, I am really fit and athletic, I can help keep you from eating bad things and making sure your diet is good along with working out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jennatx View Post
    I go to golds gym at least 2-3 times a week, I am really fit and athletic, I can help keep you from eating bad things and making sure your diet is good along with working out.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    You should join GymOne near the Domain. It’s a REAL gym, and the people both staff and lifters are accepting and sociable. There’s plenty of women that go there that will help you figure out workouts and be more comfortable. Get out there and hit the gym! Can’t stay inside forever .

Where you go is just as important as what you do. A sense of community will keep you coming back.