Thread: Just a kind thought as we head into the holiday season.

Registered Male (Not Verified) DEAR _JOHN's Avatar

Just a kind thought as we head into the holiday season.

This year I lost a brother in law, younger nephew, almost lost my sig. other, and had two surgeries, so yep 2020 has indeed sucked.

What has occurred to me is that I don't have any voice recording or video recording of the brother in law or nephew. I don't have anything on my father, but have a little bit of video and voice of my mother. These are just things to be able to 'visit' with them when you think about them.

As Thanksgiving and Christmas are just around the corner and most of us are going to be with family, may I suggest taking the old cell phone out and get some videos. Maybe video a bit at the dining table or just walk around and take a video of you and your loved ones.

My younger nephew was 10 years younger than me, odds are he would outlive me, but he didn't. I would give anything to have something with him in it, but I don't.

So this holiday season when you're with your family, take a few minutes to get some video and conversation with them, whether they're younger or not doesn't matter.

One day you will cherish these memories you have made.

Current avatar=Kandy Kane

Good advice DJ. I lost a younger brother this year as well. I actually never thought I would live as long as I have. The way things are in todays world I am glad I am older and closer to the end than the middle.
    I don't really have anything left on my bucket list except....kicking the bucket.

There are people who advertise doing set down recording sessions with older loved ones. I have no idea of the cost but you are right....even a simple cell phone recording is something very worthwhile.
    I've never bothered because no one will even remember who I am 5 years after I'm gone.

Hopefully some of the younger people on this board will read your thread.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Great idea, I appreciate it my friend.

Sorry to hear about your losses. This year has definitely been a rough one.
    We gotta count the blessings that we do have.