Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: covid

Verified Hobbyist BCD Lovrboy_1970's Avatar
    I'm not going to bother with quoting statistics, etc. Half of the people in this country believe this is a deadly disease that you must avoid at all costs, and the other half believes it's just a more severe version of the flu, and you will get better. No amount of posting, shouting, brandishing statistics, will change anyone's mind, and that's fine. But this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sue Nami View Post
    I felt i knew my regulars better and they would all be more careful
    I hope I'm misunderstanding you Sue, but it sounds like you're blaming one or more of your regulars for not being careful, and for giving it to you. I personally know someone who was very very careful, and still got it. From where, who knows? The grocery store? Pumping gas? Picking up a package delivered at their door? Passing by someone on the sidewalk and the virus came through the masks anyway because masks, while good, aren't 100% effective? Being careless isn't the only way of catching this thing, and you just have to be prepared to deal with it if you do catch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovrboy_1970 View Post
    I'm not going to bother with quoting statistics, etc. Half of the people in this country believe this is a deadly disease that you must avoid at all costs, and the other half believes it's just a more severe version of the flu, and you will get better. No amount of posting, shouting, brandishing statistics, will change anyone's mind, and that's fine.
    Damn good point bro! Seriously. I do it sometimes simply in hopes of spreading good solid knowledge but you are absolutely correct Great point haha!
    -MG

Verified Companion Companion Sue Nami's Avatar
    no hun I am not blaming them. I was stating i was trying to lessen my chances of getting it by not engaging with strangers who perhaps may engage in risky behaviors. I do not blame my clients at all. I thought by only seeing guys I know and guys who I think do not engage in risky behaviors I could lessen my chances of exposure. I in no way place blame on my clients. I accept full responsibility for my illness. there is no way of knowing how I got it, or who had it first and who infected who. I just felt there was less risk seeing guys I know who are cautious and careful like I am. any new guys might engage in risk taking behaviors more and I do not know them well enough to make a value judgment of how they might be doing risky things. i was merely trying to lessen my chances of exposure. It's all a crap shoot when it comes right down to it. I blame no one. we all do our best to be safe. I hope this clears things up. I am not casting blame, I was trying to see people whose judgment I trust because I Know them better.
    Last edited by Sue Nami; 11-16-2020 at 09:31 PM.

Busty, Sexy, Mature and into YOUR pleasure
    FBSM 140 Hh, 200 Hr / FETISH 160Hh, 240Hr

512-784-5951 sue_nami@protonmail.com
    Mon-Wed 10-7pm, Thrs 10-9pm, Fri-Sat 10-4pm (later by appt).
    off Sundays (maybe w/ advance notice)

I'm fully vaccinated, you be too.
    If you're anti-vax, we're not a good match!

due to new permitless carry law> NO GUNS ALLOWED
    READ THIS REVIEW> https://home.ourhome2.net/showthread...t=fucking+nami

Verified Hobbyist BCD Lovrboy_1970's Avatar
    ^^^ a very nice response

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    As usual, the correct response to the pandemic is probably somewhere in the middle between Sue's currently, and reasonably, upset state and MathGuy's nonchalance.

If anyone reading this was curious about whether MathGuy's claims hold water, you may enjoy researching for your own the various well-reasoned downsides to the approach suggested by the Great Barrington Declaration: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_...tion#Reception Notice that scientists are critiquing it, not because it's "too Trumpy," but because it does not mention testing any people outside of nursing homes, does not mention contact tracing, does not mention wearing masks, and does not mention social distancing. It mentions multi-generational households but does not provide any information about how, for example, low-risk people can get infected without putting high-risk members of their household at risk of dying.

Addressing more of his concerns, COVID-19 is in fact spreading through the homeless community and hurting them:

Futhermore, remember the plural of ancedote is not data. I personally know 4 people in my non-COVID social cirlce - yes, first-hand accounts - who have tested positive, and 2 of those were severe, and yet we're not in the high-risk age group. But whether you know people personally or not does not change the science. Look at what is peer reviewed and highly cited in the scientific community and you will find the truth.

If you are interested, as MathGuy claims to be, in hearing about the science behind COVID-19 without the politics, I recommend This Week in Virology, a podcast featuring premier and preeminent scientists in their field and in the world: https://www.microbe.tv/twiv/twiv-673/

Verified Hobbyist BCD InTheWind's Avatar
    Sorry you caught the virus. I’ve been careful too because my elderly parent lives with me.
    One misconception that irks me is that masks protect the wearer. That’s not the purpose of these clothe and paper masks most wear. The purpose of these masks is to reduce the range of virus leaden moisture expulsion by those infected. So one doesn’t wear a mask to be safe. One wears a mask to be considerate of others.
    Clitoris Connoisseur

thank you both for adding to the conversation and both making very good points. I appreciate it. and thank you Loverboy for understanding my argument when I presented it more clearly.

just for the feedback I want to report today I feel totally back to normal, it is like a huge weight has lifted. I finally talked to a city worker and cdc representative today and I learned if I do not have a fever for over 24 hours I am officially considered not contagious. my last fever was last night and I will remain quarantined for several more days to make sure. she said I may test positive for up to 90days but not contagious if no fever for 24 hours. I already had a drive thru cheek swab test set up for Thursday so I am doing it away just to see if I still test positive. if anyone wants a free covid mouth swab test they are doing it at palmer events center just google free mouth swab covid test Austin for the link. I strongly urge everyone to get tested for peace of mind. Also, if you do not own a pulse oximeter to test your O2 levels, I suggest u have one on hand, they are cheap and readily available at Walgreens and cvs. my blood O2 was down to 88 several times and I could not tell and did not feel short of breath at all but that is dangerously low and why I was almost hospitalized. the cure was to not lay on my back and to lay on my stomach or sleep sitting upright. go buy yourself a pulse oximeter, they are cheap and offer good peace of mind. this is why people die alone at home when it goes so low and you can not tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Hello_Goodbye View Post
    As usual, the correct response to the pandemic is probably somewhere in the middle between Sue's currently, and reasonably, upset state and MathGuy's nonchalance.

If anyone reading this was curious about whether MathGuy's claims hold water, you may enjoy researching for your own the various well-reasoned downsides to the approach suggested by the Great Barrington Declaration: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_...tion#Reception Notice that scientists are critiquing it, not because it's "too Trumpy,".... <snipped>
    Hi HG this wasn't a bad post at all (your full post I mean).

I do want to point out that I'm not absolutely 100% in support of the GBD (as a matter of fact I have not signed it even - nope).

The main reason for bringing it up at all was to show people just how many highly regarded and preeminent scientists are not all doom and gloom and do not agree with any of the more draconian measures with regard to lockdowns.
    When lockdowns are too harsh they themselves have effects on people's health, cause many deaths of their own making (often it's possibly more than the pathogen in question), suicides, malnutrition, homelessness, economic issues, routine healthcare issues that go unnoticed and will cause millions of deaths over coming years if we are not careful, etc, etc...

That's the main reason I pointed it out. I just wanted to be clear on that particular aspect. However, I will also say that some of things you mention which scientists who are currently on the "doom/scared" side of things (vs, say, more on the GBD side but maybe not *totally* on its side - such as myself) are simply not that important.

I agree though both absolute extremes have issues. The problem is I fear, as many other scientists do, that our current panicked view is going to cause far more damage (some of which won't even be noticed for months, or even years, to come as it will be a delayed effect caused by all the things mentioned earlier).

Anyway I mainly wanted to clear up my point of view about the GBD. Thanks for your input though. Thoughtful and well reasoned post regardless of which side you are on.
    -MG

Quote Originally Posted by Hello_Goodbye View Post
    Futhermore, remember the plural of ancedote is not data. I personally know 4 people in my non-COVID social cirlce - yes, first-hand accounts - who have tested positive, and 2 of those were severe, and yet we're not in the high-risk age group. But whether you know people personally or not does not change the science. Look at what is peer reviewed and highly cited in the scientific community and you will find the truth.
    Your last statement in that quote is *the* most important aspect. The problem is that many people simply google one thing or they see a new soundbite somewhere which came from a journalist and that's not the same as reading a study from the NiH or CDC or WHO or Stanford (just an example) or any of the various pre-print servers available.

It's true that anecdotal evidence outside a scientific experiment can't be deemed scientific data. However, we do need to realize that anecdotal information is one of the primary means by which each individual will make major decisions about things in their life. Most people are not scientists. Most people are not analytical thinkers or huge information sponges; they just aren't. Or they can't reconcile the data from a 100 page study or various studies and what that all means. As such, many people will make their decisions based on their own experiences. For example, you may listen to a certain friend or politician b/c they have never lead you astray (or rarely). You may listen to a certain news channel b/c what they espouse and what you see in the world seems to line up with your ideology. That is still just anecdotal data, but it's very important data to each person and their world view.

Although it's not scientific for each person (true) if 90+% of people can barely even find a person in their own social network that have a sickness (again "sick" - we do NOT care about an "INFECTION" people - those do NOT matter if they are doing nothing), then by definition you do not have a major problem on your hands even from the most basic and anecdotally approached data gathering/though experiment point of view. That's really the point behind trying to make people see those types of simple observations. And if the other 10% who happen to know someone (as you mentioned) only know someone who was sick for days, or a few weeks total, similar to the flu, or 80-90+% of those cases are asymptomatic (which we know to be true), again, we do not really have an issue. That's why it's becoming increasingly concerning that the news and major media platforms are so hell-bent on spreading a doom/gloom view of the virus. Because it should already be obvious to MOST people, even from the most anecdotally basic data gathering view that a serious condition does not exist.

For the purposes of this argument we can reasonably agree that "serious" would mean a significant section of people die or get extremely ill who become infected. Certainly it would have to be more than seasonal flu; but we already know that this is absolutely not happening. That's why this is so crazy. All of it. And that's why anecdotal information, the news, etc... is so important for each individual person. You are not all going to go out and read a 175 page study by Dr. Sunetra Gupta or Dr. John Ioannidis or Dr. Bhattacharrya or Dr. Katz or anyone else. You are going to listen to the news though. And the news is not sharing what tens of thousands of these scientists are trying to tell people.

Nearly 1Bn people (if not more by now), at least 700Mn+, already have antibodies and have already been infected. Now THAT part is the part you need to reach out to science and to peer reviewed studies and/or preprints to verify. Agreed. I encourage you all to do so. We do not have a problem with this virus when it comes to serious social or health consequences any more than we would have to consider for our seasonal flu. And as it turns out H1 variety RV's are actually more dangerous than COV's we now know. The serious consequences are being brought about by certain lockdown measures (social distancing namely at this point) which is wracking every area of the economy), the health consequences of mentally ill people who lost everything, who now live under bridges and in the tent cities. That's why those people are getting sick. Those are unhealthy conditions for anyone to live in, especially children...

Kids around the world, in some studies upwards of 90% depending on locale, get their only decent meal of the entire day through a school lunch program. That's why we have millions upon millions globally now on the verge of starvation. This is one of the primary reasons Oxford mathematical epidemiologist Dr. Sunetra Gupta is so worried about the impacts of continuing this panic fear campaign in the media. In the end if we don't get back to REAL NORMAL life, kids going to school, going back outside to socialize, allowing the economy to function, allowing people to go back to work (they can't work if no one will even go to restaurants - it does no good to just say lockdowns are over if the media is going to keep freaking everyone out!), allow people with other ailments to get treated (instead of everyone feeling "they need to delay it to allow *overburdened* hospitals to function" or "save a spot for a COVID infection"), then we are going to put a hurt on this world that will make this COVID situation and/or our own seasonal flu look like a trip to DisneyWorld. Saving a spot for a SARS-COV-2 infection?? Are you kidding me?? That's like telling the ER to holds spots for people who need band-aids for cuts and treatments for ankle sprains and have all gunshot victims sit in the waiting room! WTF!? Sheesh.

The "better safe than sorry" argument is also a horribly fallacious argument. It is known as the appeal to ignorance or appeal to fear argument in formal logic. It's commonly used in religion. Simply b/c you don't want something bad to happen or you need crops to grow, so you dance around a fire, pray to a god, sing tribal songs, and whatever else you do doesn't mean you strengthen your argument or make it more likely to happen. You are not actually providing data to support your argument or your position that crops grow if you do these things. If crops end up growing every once in a while it just happens to be coincidence but the "wise village people" write it off that the god must have been mad on the other occasions and withheld the rain. In the case of religion it's not so horrible b/c it doesn't typically cause harm (yet we could argue that too b/c the scientist who tried to prove them wrong and actually realized that they could build an irrigation system instead of praying would likely have had his head lopped off ). In THIS case it can be astronomically horrible b/c of the things I said above (e.g. just one of them - many children are now starving b/c they no longer get the only meal of the day that they previously received).
    -MG

Verified Hobbyist BCD InTheWind's Avatar
    And that’s all Trump’s fault... Sorry it’s just hard to discuss the virus without including how it has been politically weaponized/abused... I wish it was otherwise. That health issues are reserved for the states and/or individuals as per the Constitution...
    Clitoris Connoisseur

Retired Companion
    For those who are not aware - Ourhome2 does not do politics. Blame someone else.

I would like to follow up with the latest information I have learned from my dr. and the cdc. I have been non-contagious now for 3 days with no fever at all. however, one lingering aftereffect of this illness is the sheer exhaustion and slow recovery time of energy after it is over. I have been too tired to do anything but rest up. I took a shower and was so exhausted, I almost collapsed after 10mins. I am just staying home and resting but I feel better and totally free of symptoms. My dr told me that I will be immune and safe for 2-3 months after having it. Knowing this, and as behind as I have become from not working from being sick, I will begin to see clients, even new clients next week once I regain my strength to do so. I need to catch up and rebuild my savings while I am safe to do so. I can be safe and not expose anyone or myself to danger thru January and I will place an ad and see new clients starting next week and for 2 months. after that I think a vaccine will be available and I will be getting one as soon as it is available. I want to tell you, I have never been this sick or close to death before and it left a big impression on me. I can assure you I will be taking every precaution for your safety as I can with extensive sterilization. only one client a day so there will be no germs lingering in the air or on my massage table. I will require everyone to shower on arrival and I will have hand sanitizer and wash my hands often to assure I do not spread any germs even tho I can not get it again for 2 months. If anyone else gets this and wants to ask me questions, please feel free to reach out. I have been researching this extensively and will bend over backward to protect you. I will be placing an ad for the first time since march next week when I am up to doing a good job, energy wise. I will not book you until I have the energy to give you my best level of attention and service. I want to again thank the many kind folks who have reached out to me and said such thoughtful kind things. I felt very supported by this community and with only 2 naysayers and dozens of others agreeing with and supporting me, it became clear that his community is a caring and kind, and thoughtful group of people who care about each other and the safety of the community. thank you everyone. This has been a real learning experience and I am here to answer your questions or concerns if you have any.

Verified Companion Companion lovingcamela's Avatar
    Thank you for sharing your experience Sue.
    Southwest Austin Companion, High Quality FBSM
    FSBM 240/hr ~ Companion dates 400/hr
    Mommy Dates 500/hr
    512 Nine20 33Five9
    P313094 I have a NO review policy. NO EXPLICIT MESSAGES
    Artbycamela.net/wp~camelacamela@protonmail.com

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    Sue, my sympathies. This stuff IS a killer, just not to everyone, but way too many. A good n95 or KN95 mask actually does offer some protection in both directions. I have read that regaining energy levels after exposure is hell in itself.
    As far as contact tracing, I do my own. The closest so far to a positive contact has been a tertiary (separated by 3 contact levels) positive test. No one in my household has tested positive and no one with a primary contact outside of the household has tested positive. After more than 20 years as a Paramedic I live in fear of catching this crap. I minimize my outside contacts, mask always even at gas stations, and open air contacts.

I wish I had the time and money to come see you and at least talk, but....lol. Still negative and I intend to stay that way. Masks on, wash hands, become something of a hermit, have it delivered instead of shopping in person, don't forget to tip your server.....
    I intend to live forever or die trying.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast