Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: covid

Sue, I already said I felt bad for you that you were sick and I really do/did. And for anyone else too.

It's not about being a "believer". I'm a scientist. Period. The data doesn't support any of this nonsense and you can read that viewpoint from thousands of other scientists.

It's being suppressed in the media (various complex reasons). Dr Sunetra Gupta was specifically forbade from mentioning her views or the GBD on BBC news. Dr Levitt is a Nobel Laureate and staunch "super-critic". Same with Dr Bhattacharya, Dr. Katz, Dr. Ioannidis, Dr. Munitz, Dr. Brookes, Dr. Sonora, Dr. Weckmann, Dr. Friedman, Dr. Livermore, and on and on literally so many that I would have to write pages and pages and pages (literally) before I finished writing down all the preeminent scientists from various occupational backgrounds. The list of scientists who are super critics, many of whom are Nobel winners or considered some of the most influential scientists in history (i.e. Dr. John Ioannidis) is *extremely* and PROFOUNDLY extensive. You just aren't seeing them on the nightly news. They are not being allowed on. Or they are not allowed to speak about it. A large group don't even want to anymore b/c of the fear they have from people who espouse your view of hate toward any alternate logical explanation. :/ It's sad.

Science is a continuum of data and experiments. It's not a totally hard and fast "this is just the way it is today and forever and forever". We learn new things. We gather new data. We interpret the data and postulate on new theories. Especially a biological or viral genome that is literally only months old at this point. That's what is so crazy. The resistance to the idea that early science was wrong. That is very very very commonly the course science and/or technologies take as we learn more about them and experiment on them. So why is it so hard to see that that is what happened?

We got it wrong in the beginning and unfortunately the average person got hold of that and we turned it into a firestorm that will not stop until a vaccine is available no matter how much the [continuum] of science shows us how wrong our original fear tuned out to be.

If people really knew how vaccines worked they would realize how silly that is though. I only want the vaccine to come out of trials (so long as it doesn't do any harm to people) bc they will at least *think* they are protected. That will hopefully be good enough to get things working and functioning again in society as they should. Whether the vaccine really does anything or not (so long as it isn't harmful) isn't even important at this point.

The other main reason?? Since you asked.

Because this is causing way more death and despair, starvation among children who no longer get school lunch (for many around the worl, and the US, their only meal of the day), vaccinations at lower rates, kids living in tent cities, suicide hotline rates up over 800% in some counties (that was from a 4wk report from an LA area suicide hotline), legitimate medical ailments that will go unchecked and will and already have caused countless deaths. The list of real tragedies is so extensive already that it makes actual COVID-19 look like child's play.... very very sadly

It's as simple as that. People need to open their eyes. Did you die? No. You are fine now. But if you had cancer, or heart disease, or a gazillion other conditions (many communicable ones too), you very likely wouldn't be posting now b/c you really would be in serious jeopardy.

This situation that has arisen from our herd like mentality of the average person, modern social media, modern news, the phenomenon of the infodemic, etc etc... is an extremely troubling time and the unfortunate aspect is it has zero to do with a minor cold virus. Its going to fuck us up and our kids badly if we don't get a grip.

Note: Sorry I didn't see that it was supposed to be closed. I had written this and didn't see that until after. I think the mods forgot to actually close it? Dunno.
    Last edited by mathguy; 11-22-2020 at 09:32 PM.
    -MG

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Nami View Post
    at this point, one simply must ask why mathguy and knotty spend sooooooo much time and effort here arguing with the facts and others on this board over covid. I mean just do a search and count the number of posts and arguments all over this board in several cities they have made for months on its subject and how they go on and on and on about how this virus is not the threat that science and the media have claimed it is. to what end? why do they care to beat this horse to death over and over and over again? they are literally 100's of posts between the 2 of them beating this dead horse. we get it, you are nonbelievers. jeez take a breather and let it ride for a bit. I have never seen any 2 people so devoted to poopahing an idea they disagree with for month after month on here. accept that for others to be careful and take precautions and discuss the symptoms and issues they have is not a personal challenge to you to start arguing over it. no one is throwing any gauntlet down and no one is asking for your opinions on this virus here. just chill and let it go. we allllllllll know exactly how you 2 feel about this virus at this point. This is my thread and I am asking the MODS TO SHUT IT DOWN because I am sick to death of their bs about a disease that almost killed me and has killed 1000s of Americans already. let it go y'all.
    Simple. It is no longer about providing accurate information about COVID-19. It is about them being right. We are not doing that here, Thread has run its course.

Time to move on.

We are done here.
    "Don't come here and grumble about going too fast. Get the hell out of the race car if you've got feathers on your legs or butt. Put a kerosene rag around your ankles so the ants won't climb up there and eat that candy ass."

Dale Earnhardt

9/11 Memorial

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4