Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: More Bad News on COVID

More Bad News on COVID

In another thread in this same forum a hobbyist made the statement regarding COVID, "If you were in bed for 30 minutes, with someone that was infected [with the virus]. Your viral load would be much higher....than if you had a casual contact in a grocery store. Thus your symptoms would be more severe."

That came as a surprise to me, and I checked it out on google. This article seems to support what he's saying:
    https://www.medpagetoday.com/infecti.../covid19/88692

So if you catch a droplet of saliva from getting sneezed on in Krogers, you will get a milder case of the virus than if you DFK'd your favorite provider for an hour.

Sobering.

Kind of seems like common sense.
    "It is better to keep quiet and be thought ignorant, than to open your mouth and relieve all doubt"......Mark Twain

BANNED! FAILURE TO RESPECT COMMUNITY RULES!
    Kinda seems like the covid deniers are winning. If you don't believe in covid, guess what, you are winning. We're living in the world you created. Congratulations.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    I’m only doing qv then. Problem solved. Lol. I think fauci said beyond 15 minutes your exposure level really goes up.

MULTIPLE HANDLES - BANNED! STALKER!
    Where did he contract the virus ?

Verified Hobbyist BCD DocHoliday's Avatar
    In a secret, heavliy defended, underground lair somewhere in the OH2 Badlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Amontana View Post
    Kinda seems like the covid deniers are winning. If you don't believe in covid, guess what, you are winning. We're living in the world you created. Congratulations.
    who is denying the Chinese Coronavirus exists?
    Newbie members friendly. Troll inhospitable & I have an ever growing troll ignore list!!!
    I’m your Huckleberry and this hobby is just my game. Ladies, just say when!! #Pussy Posse founding member
    If you’re BSC, probably BSC, a drama Queen/King, WK or troll, DON’T PM me or post in my threads
    Thanks for your cooperation.
    Email for issues is support@ourhome2.net The verification process is HERE The review gremlin patch is HERE

Registered Male (Not Verified) sd2011's Avatar
    I don’t think folks are denying that Covid19 virus exists. However I do see some pushback against the inconsistency in reporting (stats) and the inconsistency in the overall virus mitigation edicts from multiple sources.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Quote Originally Posted by sd2011 View Post
    I don’t think folks are denying that Covid19 virus exists. However I do see some pushback against the inconsistency in reporting (stats) and the inconsistency in the overall virus mitigation edicts from multiple sources.
    ^^^^^^
    This for sure

Registered Male (Not Verified) Admiral.1701's Avatar
    Can’t wait to get past this era of COVID19. Just came across the following sobering report from NIH reporting on a potential prize from a COVID19 infection... Erectile Dysfunction

The report states this is an understudied issue, as primary efforts are focused on those (in the ICU’s) needing life saving support.

Stay safe everyone...

Here’s the link for those with the medical knowledge to read this technical report...

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/art...Y5HFyy3OCmRJuc

BANNED! FAILURE TO RESPECT COMMUNITY RULES!
    Quote Originally Posted by DocHoliday View Post
    who is denying the Chinese Coronavirus exists?
    I guess nobody. Not Paris. Not Mathguy. Nobody. Cases are up because tests are up. Doctors are miscounting dead people. Every thing is going fucking great. Let's call the virus names. Maybe that will help.

I just want this shit to be over. We can't even agree that it's happening in the first place and that there are people who deny how deadly the virus is and how to stop it. What's your plan then? Clearly listening to people like me won't fly. What's your plan?

MULTIPLE HANDLES - BANNED! STALKER!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallasfan View Post
    I’m only doing qv then. Problem solved. Lol. I think fauci said beyond 15 minutes your exposure level really goes up.
    This with washing your hands should be safe according to some provider corona logic

I guess nobody. Not Paris. Not Mathguy. Nobody. Cases are up because tests are up. Doctors are miscounting dead people. Every thing is going fucking great. Let's call the virus names. Maybe that will help.

I just want this shit to be over. We can't even agree that it's happening in the first place and that there are people who deny how deadly the virus is and how to stop it. What's your plan then? Clearly listening to people like me won't fly. What's your plan?
    Montana, I know you were just joking & I don't take offense but I do want to point out that I don't "deny a novel virus exists". Not at all. I have friends working on the genome. I'm intimately aware of the virus structure & its existence.

What I deny is the severity.

Read the The Great Barrington Declaration to see how much support is behind the the same idea I have (i.e. no lockdown, back to normal life, instead use a targeted approach for elderly & at risk individuals).

Current signatory count totals.

The most horrible thing about this COVID situation? You know what the fix is? For it to be "over" as you stated above (I wish for that too). The irony is all that needs to happen is the media needs to stop talking about it constantly. Literally. That's it. No more people will die doing it that way than would anyway BUT we also won't end up killing millions through draconian lockdowns and the resulting fallout (which has already taken massive numbers of lives and many many more in years to come when routine health checks/procedures that didn't get done, all over a frigging cold virus, end up taking someone's life; now *that* IS something to be sad about ).

Eventually a vaccine will be available which will indeed help alleviate issues for those at risk, just like the regular flu vaccine does, but it isn't going to kill people at some phenomenal pace until we get a vaccine. That's ludicrous.

And, yes, the death counts are way off. Why do you think the US count is so high and most others aren't now? Magic? They magically stopped it through superior processes or policy or technology or luck??? Many didn't even lockdown. How do you explain that?

You know how? They didn't, and certainly don't *now*, count all deaths as COVID deaths just b/c a person is positive. A person in the US could die literally wracked with ailments at 85yrs old and if their COVID tests was positive down they go in the +1 death column for COVID Deaths. :/ Totally ridiculous.

The fix? People, especially the news, stop talking about it. Go about your life. If you are elderly or at risk for some reason take some extra precautions. Literally everything else should be the same as it was as we would be fine. You are not going to stop, contain, or delay the virus at this point anyway. It's silly to even try. Wouldn't happen even if every single person wore a mask 24/7 & did everything they were told. And it doesn't matter man. Nearly 1Bn (or more now) already have antibodies. So why worry so much? Its circled the globe already and very very few people die. It *ISN'T* that deadly in relation to other things. It's just not. Some people do die. Sure. I agree with that. Just like they do from the flu and other respiratory illnesses. I do not have any reason to believe (not any colleagues) that the absurd numbers our idiot policy makers (originally lead by that fool Fauci and also Ferguson) instructed by our CDC offices that are being compiled are accurate in the least. They do a test if the person has covid and dies they get added to the covid tally....period. Even when their body is ravaged with other ailments. That's absurd.

The fact is the COVID tally in the US is drastically off the mark. They count *ANYONE* who is covid+ as a covid death. That's total horseshit. And the fact that other countries, not just one or two either, no, all around the world, have nothing even remotely close should clue you into the fact that it's due to a policy decision on how/when you count deaths (it's not a scientific approach in the least; furthermore we don't actually know what causes it in many cases... death that is).

The numbers are absolutely bonkers. The is the biggest farce in US and global history. Hands down.
    -MG

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    I don’t doubt the severity. Know of two cases personally where the person died and one where the person has been in the hospital for a month and is just starting to try to walk again.

It just affects people differently. For some it is mild like the flu. For others, they get hit hard.

The stats of infections vs death matches the rest of the world.

The US has around 20% of the world’s positive cases and around 20% of the world’s death.

Quote Originally Posted by Dallasfan View Post
    The stats of infections vs death matches the rest of the world.

The US has around 20% of the world’s positive cases and around 20% of the world’s death.
    Well, hrmmm, you're equating the 20% positive case rate with the 20% of "supposed deaths". We have a higher positive infection rate b/c we test far more that anyone else.

The issue is we only have 4% of the world population. You need to match infection ratio with population ratio (not death ratio). The vast vast majority of positive cases do not end in death (most don't even have "sickness").

The way you are looking at it you're essentially saying every single 1 positive infection equals exactly 1 death. That's what it means the way you matched up those percentages. They don't align in that way though.

The US is only 4% of the global population yet we "supposedly" have 20%ish of the deaths? Really?

Many of those tallied deaths are *really* either flu, emphysema, copd, kidney/renal disease, heart disease, streptococcus pneumoniae/other pneumonia forms, and we will see that reflected later when official numbers come out.

Those that truly are "excess deaths" at this point in the year, many of them are suicides, starvation, heart disease conditions gone untreated, cancer diagnoses that got put off or delayed, routine procedures that would have saved someone's life, but were caused by the lockdowns & economic fallout.

If it were not for the draconian lockdowns then those excess deaths wouldn't have happened.

Note: The number of reported positive cases is ridiculously low in the news. We expect the infection has hit nearing 1Billion people at this point globally (e.g. 800Mn to 1Bn people already have antibodies from infection). That's what many seroprevalence studies show us. Obviously the infection rate is higher than news or even CDC reports b/c we don't test every single person. We can't; but that doesn't mean many people we don't/can't test aren't or weren't already infected. So yea there are WAY WAY WAY more than just the silly super low positive reported cases on the nightly news.
    -MG

Verified Hobbyist BCD DocHoliday's Avatar
    In a secret, heavliy defended, underground lair somewhere in the OH2 Badlands
    What's your plan then? Clearly listening to people like me won't fly. What's your plan?
    My plan is to keep doing what I’m doing. I think a quote from the former Surgeon General Joycelyn Elders would be appropriate here...”We are all going to die of something sometime.” Besides that, get vaccinated at your first opportunity.
    Newbie members friendly. Troll inhospitable & I have an ever growing troll ignore list!!!
    I’m your Huckleberry and this hobby is just my game. Ladies, just say when!! #Pussy Posse founding member
    If you’re BSC, probably BSC, a drama Queen/King, WK or troll, DON’T PM me or post in my threads
    Thanks for your cooperation.
    Email for issues is support@ourhome2.net The verification process is HERE The review gremlin patch is HERE

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast