Thread: Small claims court needing advice from someone

Verified Companion (RIP) Companion

Small claims court needing advice from someone

I recently have moved to Austin and found someone online I thought was trustable to rent a room from well unfortally there are bad people in this world.
    I gave her 350 to hold the room and give her 200 that friday to move in. Friday came and she claimed her landlord would not sublease the room etc etc.
    Ok no problem I asked for my 350 back. She claiming it was taken out her bank for utilities to give her a week to pay me back. Ok I gave her the benefit of a doubt now she has blocked my cell and on facebook. She basically stole 350 from me I do have a contract she signed and all the text msgs. I never threated her or harassed her just simple questions.
    What day and time could we meet for her to repay me? She has threaten to harm me if I come knocking on her door and she would contact me and she would use necessary force to protect her household. I am far from urban nor would I ever threaten to harm anyone. So if anyone can point me in the right direction to take her to small claims court to at least try to get my money back that would be amazing.

Verified Hobbyist BCD Green Eyed Shy Guy's Avatar
    I would call the police. Theft, fraud, and threats are criminal. Hopefully someone with more legal knowledge can chime in.

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    Definitely call the police.
    Also, keep all text and any voice messages, and keep the log of any calls.
    You might want to write up a timeline for all the contacts you have had and when you made a deposit, an agreement was made, or any threats were made.

This sounds like a scam. If you found this on Craigslist or somewhere online, check if it is posted again - could be a recurring fraud.

Thanks

I found this bad person on Facebook market and she has since blocked my cell as well any contact on Facebook. My sister looked her up and lord and behold she is posting she is renting the room. Total scam artist seriously get a real job or freak become a provider. I don't understand why people have to be so vindictive and ugly to honest people.

Always searching for UTR redheads, hot chocolattes & my next cuppa purrfect java
    Definitely consider reporting the issue to FaceBook and maybe the Better Business Bureau.

Possibly the Texas Attorney General Consumer Protection division.

Stay chill. Karma, we all know, rules in the end.
    LINK! oh2 current situation report

In these trying times, your patience and support are greatly appreciated. Stay safe out there!

= = = = =

Beating the review template gremlin! LINK

https://home.ourhome2.net/vb/showthr...e-Verification for hobbyists

IMPORTANT! LINK TO NOTICES

FAQ: OH2's RULES! A Quick Read

2024 Austin/San Antonio Meet & Greets
    Austin - Wednesday March 27
    San Antonio - April TBA

===> LINK: INVITATION RULES <===

Ladies, please note:
    --
    ck1942 doesn't vouch for hobbyists.
    -- "Verified hobbyist" is only a title; he should always be screened/vouched
    -- Very aware hobbyists always start a contact process by sending a PM before sending any texts!

Verified Hobbyist BCD Precious_b's Avatar
    Up until I read she was advertising on FB, I was going to say that you can get a ruling in your favour in Small Claims but collecting is another story.
    Seeing she is doing it to multiple people, you got a little more pull.
    Will always PM from this or the other site as initial contact.

My Huckleberry

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    Get a screen print of the Facebook posting, so you'll have that as evidence if she takes it down, and denies everything.

Having the screen print and text messages will make a pretty strong case. Also, if you can show a screen print that shows she blocked out on FB, might help.

Even if you win a judgement and don't collect, it will be on the scammer's record for 7 years. It willl show up every time she applies for credit or do anything that causes someone to run her credit. That could create problems with future employers, insurance, etc. It's a small amount, so won't have much impact, but it will lower her credit score. Maybe enough to be below a cuttoff.

Verified Hobbyist BCD a1soundman's Avatar
    You have to file the small claim in the JP precinct that the breach of contract occurred. It will cost $125 for court cost and the constable fee for serving the papers. This can be done online. If you are awarded judgement and they don’t pay, after 30 days you can file a lien judgment. This judgment fee I believe is $100, as you can see it cost time and money to get some satisfaction.
    Retired white male enjoying the later years. On the lookout for sexy sensual Ladies that enjoy giving cockworship pleasure. I am laid back, drama free and have excellent hygiene.

I understand just a strong believer what is right is right it is the principal we both signed a contract and the money I did receive to pay her was not mine but a loan.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Yeah, you following through may help stop her from scamming others in the future. Good luck and post an update!

Update:
    So I decided to just let this incident go and let Karma come back on this girl. I just have my health and family and a real world job I much rather focus my positive energy on I could fight it and win. I much not have the stress and headache or going back and forth with a unstable person.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    sorry to see you having to deal with this, take care of yourself and be safe