Thread: Austin Allergies

Verified Hobbyist BCD Wolfenstein4096's Avatar

Austin Allergies

Does anyone know what awful allergen seems to descend upon Austin in the wee hours of the morning? I get headaches, itchy ears, and a stuffy nose pretty regularly after 1 AM and I have no idea what the cause is.

Verified Hobbyist BCD Daniel Larusso's Avatar
    Not sure but go see Dr Slaughter and get you some allergy drops.
    Wax on, wax off.

Molon Labe

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    if while asleep/in bed
    dust mites
    get dust mite covers
    wash/change sheets 1x a week
    eucalyptus essential oil
    if carpet/rug severely clean/wash

MULTIPLE HANDLES - BANNED! STALKER! Passion2015's Avatar
    Could be ragweed

Change your AC filters.
    Hopeless Romantic with a Twisted Mind and High Standards

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Cedar fever is only a month or two away. Killed me last year. Schedule a good allergist.

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    Quote Originally Posted by quzi View Post
    Cedar fever is only a month or two away. Killed me last year. Schedule a good allergist.
    Hopefully since it's been a fairly dry year the cedar isn't as bad.

Verified Hobbyist BCD KosherCowboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfenstein4096 View Post
    Does anyone know what awful allergen seems to descend upon Austin in the wee hours of the morning? I get headaches, itchy ears, and a stuffy nose pretty regularly after 1 AM and I have no idea what the cause is.
    No clue what it is but I will get a runny nose, itchy eyes etc but ONLY when in the C Texas area. Never once had allergies in the northern metropolises I lived in most my life. Once moved to TX I used a combo of Flonase, Allegra for a while to no avail than added in Zaditor eye drops. Still not enough but helped w eye itching greatly just not 100%... Eventually the doc found a better formula.

Flonase daily 2X, morning and evening, Allegra and told me toss the OTC Zaditor and gave me an Rx for Azalastine HCI .05% eye drops. It worked much better but still not 100% so one more switch... Add Zyrtec/Drop Allegra

Winning combo: Zyrtec ( Generics work fine), Azelastine and Flonase. Problem solved. Good luck to you. Like my doc said do not worry about the cause simply treat the symptoms.

and as noted above; change your filters at home and in your auto too; if not will recirculate junk in the air.

Verified Hobbyist BCD risn2theoccasion2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KosherCowboy View Post
    Flonase daily 2X, morning and evening, Allegra and told me toss the OTC Zaditor and gave me an Rx for Azalastine HCI .05% eye drops. It worked much better but still not 100% so one more switch... Add Zyrtec/Drop Allegra

Winning combo: Zyrtec ( Generics work fine), Azelastine and Flonase. Problem solved.
    I use the same therapy. Works wonderfully. I get both OTC at Sam's Club for a great price.
    Ask about any of my past encounters.

Rudeness is the weak persons imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer

Supporting selfish people is a waste of time and energy! They will always find an excuse to blame you for their own mistakes!
    ― Lily Amis

As you proceed through life, following your own path, birds will shit on you. Dont bother to brush it off. Getting a comedic view of your situation gives you spiritual distance. Having a sense of humor saves you.