Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How much is too much?

Verified Hobbyist BCD

How much is too much?

Hello fellow hobbyist...

Probably going to get burn for this, but since the weather is getting cold , I figured I can take some heat!!

Is it just me or have you all noticed the going rate for services offered are going up? For example: 200 for half, 300 for an hour or 180 for half and 250 for an hour? Depending on the menu listed... Where do you draw the line and say, nope that is too much to pay... even with all the glowing reviews posted? What about those who demand a "no review" policy. How can you judge what to expect when you are shopping around and be certain you are not going to get ripped off?

I know, I know the old saying goes, you get what you pay for! But where do you draw the line and say that's too much to pay? I am aware it is an expensive hobby and I am not a cheapskate by any means, I just don't have very very deep pockets especially with the current pandemic.

Verified Hobbyist BCD Daniel Larusso's Avatar
    Only you can set YOUR own limits as to what you are willing to pay.

In this game the saying you get what you pay for does not necessarily hold true in most cases regarding the actual service rendered.

I have found some ladies I like very much for $180 for a HH session and I really won't go higher then that.

There are some lovelies that run specials too which I highly appreciate and they're usually $140 or $150

And yes, the game has gotten high dollar but there are still some gems out there.
    Wax on, wax off.

Molon Labe

Verified Companion Companion AlexandraSand's Avatar
    Between Austin & San Antonio, San Marvelous incall
    There is something for everyone.

YOU should know your price break, because we know ours.

No review, like my request, means that I don’t care to be reviewed by someone, who is just started building his presence here.

Welcome and good luck.
    Your Gorgeous European Seductress
    San Marcos upscale incall with sexy atmosphere. Outcall - maybe- please ask.

1 hour Coffee date 500 2 hour Champagne adventure 900 Introduction and Full Body Sensual Massage L1 250/L2 300
    Pegging 1hr 500 Foot fetish friendly!

No review. Available to Generous Gentleman 45+
    https://preferred411.com/P282315
    Reviews here: https://eccie.net/showthread.php?t=2512141

This game isn’t for you if all you’ve got is enough to cover the Little Blind.
    Hopeless Romantic with a Twisted Mind and High Standards

Verified Hobbyist BCD Daniel Larusso's Avatar
    ^^^Don't listen to Tex-Dip. Like Alexandra said...there's something here for everyone.
    Wax on, wax off.

Molon Labe

Argo DL
    Hopeless Romantic with a Twisted Mind and High Standards

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    I sometimes feel like they think they are sitting on a gold mine. Some of us are retired and don't have a great income but enjoy the company of a beautiful lady. Even when offered a very limited request they want way to much donation. You would think that some money is better than no money. I for one feel the rates are too high.

BANNED MULTIPLE HANDLE VIOLATIONS aka killeeninformer2
    I could forgive the rates starting to creep up if the value went up as well. Instead I 30 year old plus sized women who seem to hate their clients asking a higher rate than I used to pay for a petite hottie who legit loved the sex.

Verified Hobbyist BCD Wolfenstein4096's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thedriver View Post
    Hello fellow hobbyist...

Probably going to get burn for this, but since the weather is getting cold , I figured I can take some heat!!

Is it just me or have you all noticed the going rate for services offered are going up? For example: 200 for half, 300 for an hour or 180 for half and 250 for an hour? Depending on the menu listed... Where do you draw the line and say, nope that is too much to pay... even with all the glowing reviews posted? What about those who demand a "no review" policy. How can you judge what to expect when you are shopping around and be certain you are not going to get ripped off?

I know, I know the old saying goes, you get what you pay for! But where do you draw the line and say that's too much to pay? I am aware it is an expensive hobby and I am not a cheapskate by any means, I just don't have very very deep pockets especially with the current pandemic.
    No offense, but every time I see this discussion, I just don't get it. Obviously there's sufficient demand for women to charge their current rates or they would lower them. But if they can get what they're asking for from enough clients, what's the incentive to charge less? I mean, if you found yourself in a situation in which plenty of people were willing to pay whatever you asked for your particular service, why would you even think about charging less?

And I disagree with the notion that rates have gone up dramatically. I've been around the hobby for several years, and the going rate when I jumped in was about $250 an hour. Now it's about $300, right? That's not a huge leap by any measure, especially over time. Cars get more expensive over time, too.

Do I enjoy shelling out $300 for an hour of pleasure? Not exactly, but I'll do it because the experience is worth it to me. It blows my mind that people can rationalize what they spend on things like nice cars or fancy houses, but they get really tight-fisted when it comes to spending on incredible experiences.

That being said, I do have to draw the line somewhere, and right now I'm OK with that line being $300 an hour for an exceptional experience (and not everyone can deliver an exceptional experience, but I'll put all my money in a wheelbarrow and dump it on the doorstep of a woman who can).

There's a thing in psychology called the anchoring effect. It's a cognitive bias in which people get "anchored" to the first piece of information presented to them. In the case of purchases, this is an initial cost, and it's really hard for a person to let go of an anchor of $250 an hour and accept $300 an hour. But it can be done if that person recognizes that his own mind is just fucking with him, preventing him from enjoying something because his brain has convinced him that he needs to stick with his anchor. The rational mind can overcome this bias. And it should. If it doesn't, a guy is going to miss out on some potentially great experiences.

I don't mean to suggest that fiscal responsibility isn't important. Everyone has his limits. Right now, my anchor is $300, for example, and it would take something pretty extraordinary to jump to that $350 level. But over time, the cost of goods and services always increases, right? That's just how it works. If every woman suddenly started charging $400 an hour, I'd be pissed for about two seconds, and then I'd figure out a way to work my ass off so I wouldn't feel guilty about spending $400 on a bit of pleasure every once in a while.

Sorry for the length. I don't sleep anymore, so I'm not sure that any of this even makes any sense. The bottom line is this: there are women here who work really hard at providing an amazing experience for the men who seek them out. I don't know that I can fault them for asking to be well-compensated for their efforts.

Verified Hobbyist BCD RustyBalls's Avatar
    There is a magic place in Economics called market equilibrium where both the supply and demand curves intersect one another at a price point which is appropriate for the market. Whether the buyer wishes to spend money at that place or the seller wishes to provide goods/service is up to each individual.

Complaining about economics is a waste of time for both buyer and seller. For more advanced students of Economics, you may analyze the affects of charging prices above/below the equilibrium and the affect on Total Revenue with respect to fixed and variable costs of doing business. Each provider must determine at what price she might maximize Total Revenue with respect to her unique costs of doing business.

The answer may be for her to lower the price with the anticipation of an increased the number of clients, hence increasing Total Revenue. On the other hand, a provider may decide she will not provide services below a certain price for emotional or other reasons and not be concerned that she could be earning more Total Revenue at a lower price point per meeting. Or the provider can look at providing better quality experiences at the same price point which will differentiate her from others providing average services for the market price.

Another Consideration is that while some may view the hobby as a commodities market where all pussy is the same, let me say that is NOT the situation from my perspective. There are so many intangibles that some ladies add to a session that you may not compare any two experiences based on price alone. The really great providers provide magical experiences to their clients at a price within the market.

Some providers provide less that stellar experiences and still expect repeat business at market rates--not going to happen consistently, word gets around. The providers who provide above and beyond are currently the ones who have more clients than they can handle and thus are NOT advertising for business and don't return unsolicited requests. Their Long-Term Regulars know where/how to contact them. Most do not spend much time on the boards anymore as they are established and don't need to advertise or seek attention. These ladies work really hard to provide amazing experiences for their clients and should be well-compensated.

One Final Consideration is that there are many interesting and exciting markets with in the hobby. You have the Massage/AMP Market, the Strip Club Market, the normal hobby market that we are playing within, and finally there are some very restricted and upscale markets for the very elites in our economy for which most of us only hear about and don't partake. Those markets start at $1000/hr and go up, include exclusive hotels and resorts, and include social circles in which none of us play. Most hobbyists will find a place within the hobby where they maximize the fun for the dollars they have available.

These price discussions get a little tiring as we always repeat the same arguments and just make each other mad. Yes, there are some efforts to fix price bottoms, but those will not be able to withstand economic forces as some providers will still provide services at prices that work for them, regardless of outside pressures.

Yep, I an a former economics professor from an earlier life. Now all I want is to be up to my ears in eager hot wet pussies, with ladies who are willing to please this old monger.
    Last edited by RustyBalls; 10-29-2020 at 09:17 PM.
    <RustyBalls

"Double Vaccinated and Multi-Boosted" for your hobby pleasure.

10 years in the hobby and 170+ reviews on Eccie lost in upgrade

Ladies, please contact RustyBalls anytime for the "Paladin Experience."

"Have Cock, Will Travel."

I prefer hobby in North ATX and the Domain/Arboretum area.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBalls View Post

The really great providers provide magical experiences to their clients at a price within the market.
    Exactly.

Verified Hobbyist BCD RustyBalls's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBalls View Post

"The really great providers provide magical experiences to their clients at a price within the market."

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfenstein4096 View Post
    Exactly.
    Yep, that pretty well sums up exactly what I was trying to say. May have been a little long winded since I am still basking in the glow of one of those magical experiences from yesterday afternoon.

I had one of those really magical sessions with a Long-Term Friend of mine who does not advertise, has not been on this board since I don't know when, and asks a reasonable rate. She always makes me feel like I am her best friend ever, treats me like a prince, and she always strives to please me in all aspects of the hobby.

Nope, don't ask. I am not sharing her name/handle as she wishes to remain UTR and she has all the business she desires/needs.
    <RustyBalls

"Double Vaccinated and Multi-Boosted" for your hobby pleasure.

10 years in the hobby and 170+ reviews on Eccie lost in upgrade

Ladies, please contact RustyBalls anytime for the "Paladin Experience."

"Have Cock, Will Travel."

I prefer hobby in North ATX and the Domain/Arboretum area.

Verified Hobbyist BCD risn2theoccasion2's Avatar
    You determine what is too much for you. She determines what is not enough for her. I do not fault a Gent who says, "I won't pay that much", nor do I fault a lady that says "I have to charge this much". I won't pay $100,000 for an automobile. I also won't work for $15 an hour.

We all have to make a living. I recently spoke to a lady that I have been friends with for several years. She confided in me about the need to raise her rates, just to pay her bills, survive and also to be able to set some money back. As AlexandraSand said, "There is something for everyone". I have read countless Ads and have said...."Well, that is too rich for my blood." As much as I would love an encounter with the lady, I move on. No haggling, no whining, I just find what I want at the price I can afford.
    Ask about any of my past encounters.

Rudeness is the weak persons imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer

Supporting selfish people is a waste of time and energy! They will always find an excuse to blame you for their own mistakes!
    ― Lily Amis

As you proceed through life, following your own path, birds will shit on you. Dont bother to brush it off. Getting a comedic view of your situation gives you spiritual distance. Having a sense of humor saves you.

Quote Originally Posted by risn2theoccasion2 View Post
    No haggling, no whining, I just find what I want at the price I can afford.
    Solid strategy.

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    I used to only see girls off this board and ECCIE before that. But bottom line, most have priced themselves out of my range. It's rare that I find someone that I'm willing to shell out the funds requested to see. The last time I did that I paid $200hh and promised myself I would never do that again. While she was a sweet girl and I had a good time, I could get the exact same thing and more from my regular for a lot less.

Now, having said that, I'm not knocking any of the ladies. You know your price point just as I know mine. The two simply do not meet 98% of the time, which means I keep my money and you don't put out. I do have a couple on here that I still see on occasion and I'm grandfathered in at what I feel is a reasonable rate. I've cut waaaay back since the first of the year, mainly due to income from this crap going on. I'm loosing close to $500 a week from what I used to make. It is what it is.

Now (again), having said THAT — I have found a couple others on different sites that I see when I can and they are much more reasonable (in my opinion). As a result, I see, at least this one, on a regular basis. I like to build a relationship (working relationship of course), which prompts return visits from me and keeps her rate at a price point that I am comfortable with. So bottom line, as I've said multiple times in the past (I did have a verified handle here at one time, before I got pissed at the prices and walked away … I am no longer interested in being verified as I use the site more for entertainment than anything any more … but I digress) … as I was saying, if I look into a girl and see her price point is beyond my self-imposed limitations, I simply move on. There is no sense in contacting her as I will not try and get her to reduce her rate. To me that like telling her she doesn't know her worth. She has every right to set her price point where she wants to be just as I have every right to pass it up if I so choose. If what she is doing is working for her, then she doesn't need me.

I wish I had a six figure income, but I don't therefore I get what I can, when I can and take care of the rest myself. But back to the relationship building thing, if done right you can get some great deals, so long as they are not expected and greatly appreciated. Example: just last week I got a $75hh from a girl I've seen multiple times over the course of about 4-5 years. She did that for me and I greatly appreciated it. I've also had, on more than one occasion, a free session where the provider sent me a text and said, "wanna fuck?" You don't have to ask me twice. But that doesn't happen just because you've seen a provider 2, 3, or 15 times. I've been seeing this girl for 5+ years and when I was making more (before this covid shit) I saw her usually once a week, sometimes more. Anyway, just my $0.02 for what it's worth.
    Last edited by OldFart; 11-02-2020 at 11:14 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast