View Poll Results: Why would you NO Show or Cancel?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Incall is too hard to locate.

2 6.25%
  • Incall is in a bad area.

9 28.13%
  • Something spooked me/didn't feel right.

25 78.13%
  • I got a better offer before arriving.

7 21.88%
  • I felt I was deceived upon arrival.

10 31.25%
  • I just do that shit sometimes because I can.

1 3.13%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Why do you Cancel, or just not show up?

Verified Hobbyist BCD risn2theoccasion2's Avatar

Post Why do you Cancel, or just not show up?

Not to long ago, a lady posted about Austin being the Cancellation/No Show Capitol. In talking with some of my lady friends, there seems to be an uptick on such behavior.

Guys, I know it happens to us too, but I am curious as to the reason guys might do this. I probably can't come up with every reason, but I have come up with 5 possible reasons.

Vote for more than one catagory. Poll is private, so feel free to be honest with your answer.
    Last edited by risn2theoccasion2; 09-25-2020 at 05:31 PM.
    Ask about any of my past encounters.

Rudeness is the weak persons imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer

Supporting selfish people is a waste of time and energy! They will always find an excuse to blame you for their own mistakes!
    ― Lily Amis

As you proceed through life, following your own path, birds will shit on you. Dont bother to brush it off. Getting a comedic view of your situation gives you spiritual distance. Having a sense of humor saves you.

MULTIPLE HANDLES - BANNED!
    I cancelled once on an indie visiting for first time because of 3 pd cars in front of the hotel and tm that I was not going to take a chance ... got branded a time waster

Verified Hobbyist BCD DocHoliday's Avatar
    In a secret, heavliy defended, underground lair somewhere in the OH2 Badlands
    If I have to cancel it’s because something beyond my control come up with family or work. I try to do my research before booking.

BTW, I don’t call leaving because pics were deceiving or fake a NCNS or cancellation. I call it not supporting fraud. js

@ OP, good thread topic Bro.
    Newbie members friendly. Troll inhospitable & I have an ever growing troll ignore list!!!
    I’m your Huckleberry and this hobby is just my game. Ladies, just say when!! #Pussy Posse founding member
    If you’re BSC, probably BSC, a drama Queen/King, WK or troll, DON’T PM me or post in my threads
    Thanks for your cooperation.
    Email for issues is support@ourhome2.net The verification process is HERE The review gremlin patch is HERE

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    I also don’t consider anything unsafe cancelling. My car isn’t that nice, so if I’m worried about parking, I keep going. If I see too many sketchy people in the parking lot. If I see a pimp mistreating her in the parking lot (happened recently).

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    It's rare that I cancel. In fact, it's only happened two times in the past 10 years that I can think of. I simply don't schedule unless I plan to go in. The first time was due to being involved in an accident and I contacted the lady as soon as possible and canceled (before the scheduled time). She asked me to send a pic, which I did. The second time was also car troubles … again, beyond my control. I hate it when it happens to me so I don't do it to you, unless it is beyond my control. I also bust my ass to be on time and absolutely hate waiting in a parking lot while said provider "needs another 5 min" … which usually turns into 15+ min. After 15 min. … I'm gone! If I can be on time, you can too. Put your damn phone down, stop what you are doing and get ready because I'm on my way.

Verified Hobbyist BCD BigDallas's Avatar
    I start drinking then meh

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Usually don't, had my first "cancellation" EVER recently during the screening phase for an outcall. Couldnt be helped, so I explained as best I could and offered to rescheduled. got "pay my cancellation fee or I'm gonna "have to" list it as a NCNS". So yeah, still try not to, but pretty much any reason I deem necessary now.

I'll pay a cancellation fee when they start paying a late fee. ;-)

I think you need to add “nerves” or “chickened out”. I think a lot of newbies do that.

Verified Hobbyist BCD risn2theoccasion2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AusTexGuy View Post
    I think you need to add “nerves” or “chickened out”. I think a lot of newbies do that.
    Good point. Totally forgot about that possibility. Been a while since this old guy has been a Newbie, but I can see that happening.
    Ask about any of my past encounters.

Rudeness is the weak persons imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer

Supporting selfish people is a waste of time and energy! They will always find an excuse to blame you for their own mistakes!
    ― Lily Amis

As you proceed through life, following your own path, birds will shit on you. Dont bother to brush it off. Getting a comedic view of your situation gives you spiritual distance. Having a sense of humor saves you.

Verified Hobbyist BCD Wolfenstein4096's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by risn2theoccasion2 View Post
    Not to long ago, a lady posted about Austin being the Cancellation/No Show Capitol. In talking with some of my lady friends, there seems to be an uptick on such behavior.

Guys, I know it happens to us too, but I am curious as to the reason guys might do this. I probably can't come up with every reason, but I have come up with 5 possible reasons.

Vote for more than one catagory. Poll is private, so feel free to be honest with your answer.
    I never cancel once I've taken the leap and made an appointment. It just seems like a shitty thing to do. Sure, there are unanticipated things that can happen (flat tire, sudden illness, alien abduction), but otherwise a commitment is a commitment. I'd get the jitters prior to an appointment when I first started out in the hobby, but I figured the only way to get over them was to push through them. Backing out of a deal just wouldn't sit well with me — I'd feel too guilty. The bottom line is that I'd hate for someone to cancel on me without good reason, so I don't do it to anyone else.