Thread: Eccie And Malware

Verified Hobbyist BCD

Eccie And Malware

Using Chrome Browser if I try to go to Eccie I get a big red page with an alert about malware on Eccie site. I overrode and and got a page that said to update chrome like a fool I clicked on it and McAfee pop up and said it stop malware from being load. Any one else having problems with Eccie.

I no longer have an account there....but I use Chrome as well so I just went and checked....

Yep. I'm getting the red screen as well. Not about to go further since I have no use for that cesspool of a site anyway lol

Hope it didn't cause too much trouble for your computer tho. Best wishes. :)

Retired Companion
    Yes. I have a Chrome Book and it's showing the warning sign. It just started this morning and it's been on all day. Some folks have said they can get it on their phone. I don't have that site on my phone just on my chrome book and I just now checked it and it's still showing the warning sign.

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    was just over there on Chrome on a guest account.. no warnings.

Initial reports were that it was a known false positive issue with Google Chrome. The source appears to be one of the ads on the main page. Once in a while ads are changed out and sometimes one with, shall we say questionable stuff, gets in.

Other browsers appear to not be affected. I have had no such issues using Firefox and up to date antivirus software.
    "Don't come here and grumble about going too fast. Get the hell out of the race car if you've got feathers on your legs or butt. Put a kerosene rag around your ankles so the ants won't climb up there and eat that candy ass."

Dale Earnhardt

9/11 Memorial

Retired Companion
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    Using Chrome Browser if I try to go to Eccie I get a big red page with an alert about malware on Eccie site.

ya, that sounds like typical Chrome probs

that browser is the WORST

I use Waterfox, Went there yesterday with no trouble. Not been there today,
    So many Ladies, So little time!

Verified Hobbyist BCD ZeroTheHero's Avatar