Quote Originally Posted by gfejunkie View Post
Here's a school shooting you probably didn't hear much about. It just didn't fit the liberal lamestream media's narrative...

http://time.com/5279180/dixon-high-s...oting-student/

Shootings always end when another gun shows up.
I saw it, and it was brought up again after Santa Fe.

Quote Originally Posted by winndixie View Post
Is this not the definition of reverse racism?? What about all the people dying in Chicago? Where is your outrage?? That really does happen daily!! Show me when and where we have a school shooting daily, please? Chicago has some of the strictest gun control laws in America.. Gun control does not work.. So please carry-on with the hating of us dumb ol' rural americans.. I feel so bad for these people, my heart and prayers go out to all the victims in sante fe , Chicago and everywhere. This is not a gun issue!! It is a societal problem, that has nothing to do with firearms.. This attack was done with a 38. special revolver, and a shotgun. No bump stocks, no high cap. magazines. no rapid fire weapons at all.! I say the first step is to stop glamorizing , sensationalizing and giving so much attention to these attacks. These kids are looking for just that; attention. So let the usual lib. response start...............blah blah .................. blah blah, hate hate hate..............
THE SECOND AMENDMENT MAKES ALL THE OTHERS POSSIBLE
Our constitution says all men are created equal! The second amendment guarantees that!!!!! WD
Chicago killings are mentioned, but I agree the coverage is not the same.

The gun ban folks have it wrong.
The do nothing folks have it wrong.

On the gun control side, NRA members are the key. They are okay with some solutions and don't have a problem with responsible gun ownership. Problem: NRA leadership isn't always in tune with their members.

On the people kill people side, if tech companies can collect data and target ads, they can help red flag potential crazies better. Problem: pesky privacy issues and tech leaders are more interested in making money. There was an executive order that made it harder for folks with mental health issues to get guns. For whatever reasons, it was rolled back. If the problem is a mental health issue, Congress could pass a law making it harder for folks with mental health issues to get guns. More money could also be allocated for mental health issues, but it's probably time to work on the recently ballooned deficit now.

Will doing something stop all future gun deaths? Nope. The goal is reducing gun deaths. Baby steps.