Thread: Things not to talk about

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Verified Hobbyist BCD
    While I can’t imagine the frustration of providers (no one would pay to see me for sure), my biggest issue is false advertising. When a provider presents themselves in a certain way, but when you meet ladies are poorly groomed, live in a messy place, have an attitude of “hurry up & get it over with” I have a difficult time paying full price for sub-standard service.

If I go to a restaurant and the food is not properly prepared, the server is slow or worse tries to rush me out, makes excuses for the bad service I ask for the manager and frankly expect at least part of the meal will be removed from the bill. I will, however, still leave a tip because the waiter/waitress brought the food, but it will be much less than what I would have given for proper service in the hope that that will motivate them to perform properly the next time. Unfortunately, often the response is to attack the poster instead of making some effort to reflect, see if there is merit to the post, and change their behavior accordingly. The fact that providers choose this attack mentality so frequently is disappointing to me because everyone could have a better experience if as much thought was put into changing the offensive behavior as personally attacking the critic.

Although I have been in a few terrible situations, I have done what I came to do & left having paid the agreed amount. I consider that a learning experience and although I am hesitant to write negative reviews, mainly because some providers or agencies have false hobbyist accounts so that they can see what reviews say about them, or what is posted in the Locker Room. I will instead contact hobbyists directly who are asking questions about a provider I have seen or had contact with so that they will have more information to make a decision based on all of the information available. Isn’t that what this site and others like it are for?

Finally, I understand the frustration of both sides, but I disagree that service providers should be paid in full for poor service, just the same as I believe that providers should be able to refuse service to hobbyists who they don’t find acceptable (poor hygiene, rude or abusive behavior).

I’m sure that I will catch hell for this, but that’s OK. We are all entitled to our opinions. There is nothing to say that mine is right or wrong. Like the saying goes,”Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one & it stinks,” but hope fully not if Greek is on the menu. Ha

Maybe my ideas are a bit Pollyanna, but it is the way I believe things, especially here, should work.
    Last edited by Sawbonz54; 09-20-2020 at 11:21 AM.