Thread: Dumb question about viewing posts

Registered - not validated

Dumb question about viewing posts

How do I set it up so the posts are ordered in chronological order? When I click a thread, it's in reverse chron order and I can't seem to find the way to change it. I feel dumb, but can someone please help? Thanks!

Verified Hobbyist BCD dorionkahn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dfwwhitechicklova View Post
    How do I set it up so the posts are ordered in chronological order? When I click a thread, it's in reverse chron order and I can't seem to find the way to change it. I feel dumb, but can someone please help? Thanks!
    Its deep in your user profile. Click your name, settings, select general settings, then find Thread Display Mode:

Verified Hobbyist BCD pmdelites's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dfwwhitechicklova View Post
    for threads in a forum, just scroll thru the list of threads in a forum and "open/view in a new tab" for those that seem interesting (on a desktop/laptop, move mouse over post a you'll see a snippet). there isnt a setting which controls display order; only settings for # of threads per display page and how far back in time will be presented.

within a thread, as dorion posted, there is a setting which controls postings display order - default is oldest post (aka the first one made) is displayed first. you can set it so the newest post (aka the last one made) is displayed first.

does that help/answer your question?

btw, at top of any OH2 page, in upper right, click Settings. on left side in My Settings > My Account section, click General Settings, then in Thread Display Options, modify Thread Display Mode value.

btw 2, dumb questions are those that have been asked - then answered - then asked again (either one wasnt reading/listening or decided to ignore the answer).
    Last edited by pmdelites; 09-04-2020 at 01:57 AM.
    it's always afternoon!!

have fun out there.

dont let the negatives get you down.