Thread: NBA? not the kind the keeps you black guys from white ****** poon

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

NBA? not the kind the keeps you black guys from white ****** poon

NBA is one of my guilty pleasures. I dont follow closely during the season but come finals/playoffs/championship I like to watch. The thing is I like to keep my political/social issues out of my sport and they are just shoving it down your throat right now. Its got me torn if I am going to watch the rest of the season or not.

To be honest I am really sick of seeing nothing but negative racial/political debate every single time I turn on a tv.

I just want to watch basketball without all the other bullshit.

If you really want to tackle a racial issue take on the other NBA we see around here.

Keeping with the hoops topic has everybody watched "The last dance" yet? I was in my 20s when Michael was making history so I saw a ton of those games live. Its been so long ago that I kind of forgotten how great he was. There will never be another MJ at least not in my lifetime.

I feel the same way. Politics and sports don't mix. Other than the friendly competition/rivalry between teams and fans, sports should unite the people, not divide them. Injecting politics into sports is doing just that; creating more divisions and alienating many (most?) of the fans.
    Just kicking' it

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    politics ruin everything. but as far as sports, people sometimes take it way to serious. the Romans created the coliseum to pacify the population, give them something to talk about. and it's still the same today. it's a total trip how some folks identify with teams, they have the shirt, the cup, the coozie, the stickers, the posters, and even the golf cart decked out in you name the team. athlete's had way more class when I was a kid, they had positive messages for young people. I said to hell with the NFL and pretty much all sports after the Saints vs the Vikings playoff game.

I"m no fan of politics neither. I won't watch the evening news hardly at all. Maybe the local news when the weather comes on, but that's about it. But Basscat, I'm with ya. There will never be another Michael Jackson! LOL!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by guitar View Post
    I"m no fan of politics neither. I won't watch the evening news hardly at all. Maybe the local news when the weather comes on, but that's about it. But Basscat, I'm with ya. There will never be another Michael Jackson! LOL!!!!
    Guitar you are so correct. MJ was the fucking man when it came to pop. I wonder if there was any truth to any of the child stuff he was accused of. I personally think no. Neither the home alone kid or the goonies kid have said he ever did anything wrong with them. If he was twisted that way he would have tried to fuck with one of them as much time as he spent with them alone and he never did.

Quote Originally Posted by Basscat View Post
    Guitar you are so correct. MJ was the fucking man when it came to pop. I wonder if there was any truth to any of the child stuff he was accused of. I personally think no. Neither the home alone kid or the goonies kid have said he ever did anything wrong with them. If he was twisted that way he would have tried to fuck with one of them as much time as he spent with them alone and he never did.
    Maybe, but I still don't think it was appropriate for a grown man to sleep on the same bed with children that were not his. JMHO.
    Just kicking' it