Thread: Doorbell cameras

Verified Hobbyist BCD

Doorbell cameras

I need some help guys, my wife wants me to get a ring doorbell camera. I said no just because when she goes out of town I get to play later than usual. I know I can probably turn it off from phone BUT will she be able to know it's been disabled or turned off when I do? Is there a way around her seeing when I come in or out with it?
    Also is there another camera system that is more , should I say user incognito friendly with out letting the whole world know?

Thank you guys for any info
    OREO72

Registered Male (Not Verified)
    Electrical tape?

Registered Male (Not Verified) Smerc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oreo72 View Post
    I need some help guys, my wife wants me to get a ring doorbell camera. I said no just because when she goes out of town I get to play later than usual. I know I can probably turn it off from phone BUT will she be able to know it's been disabled or turned off when I do? Is there a way around her seeing when I come in or out with it?
    Also is there another camera system that is more , should I say user incognito friendly with out letting the whole world know?

Thank you guys for any info
    There's a few of these on reddit about similar situations.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Ring/commen...letely_a_ring/ (delete if not allowed)

You can remotely disable certain features on doorbell cameras, but that depends on the brand.
    From what I read, there's only notifications for visitors @ certain specified times/dates (like if you wanted to leave the house for vacation and wanted alerts on everyone that went to your door) or every visitor @ any time.

You need a teleportation device.