Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Amazon Prime WTF? Price increase.

Verified Companion Companion Stella Sweets's Avatar
    I use Amazon Prime religiously. 99% of my Xmas shopping was actually on Amazon and it was all done weeks before Xmas. That NEVER HAPPENS...

Amazon prime.. taking care of one procrastinator at a time...

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    Quote Originally Posted by Stella Sweets View Post
    I use Amazon Prime religiously. 99% of my Xmas shopping was actually on Amazon and it was all done weeks before Xmas. That NEVER HAPPENS...

My fear w/ subscriptions is that once you are locked in, it is time-consuming to get out. So, I, always, try it out.
    Almost went for Amazon Prime (middle of this year), but, the 3rd time (re-ordering my 2 boys' food) found the price had gone up to Petsmart's price. So, shopped (again) &, now, with Chewy.com (last 2 months).
    My daughter has Prime and she swears by it. So, there is the 2 sides of the coin (in the same household) :-)

Verified Companion danielle silver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stella Sweets View Post

I second that... Delivery service was top notch this year..
    I think 85% of my christmas came from there and the rest from Macy's.

Verified Companion Companion Blaze's Avatar
    I've used Chewy too, freaking amazing deals occasionally.

I've noticed a lot of prices going up on Prime. I'm subscribed to various services, but our house just doesn't need recurrent shipments. I know there is one (pantry I think) that if you order 5 items, there's an add'l discount. Plus you can use super cheap items to pad that order of 5, then upon recv'g order, go in and unsubscribe for those items. When you don't order much or often, it's a bit much. Maybe I'm just lazy. Then... now we have to pay state tax, as with most Yuge sites. I find with some items it's just easier to check smaller sites or manufactures sites and watch for sales,, can get item cheaper, no shipping and zero tax.

We always have to have Netflix, that's where I and the twins get our TV on! No commercials, decent content blah blah blah. In the end, both sites have their purpose and still cheaper than cable without all the crap I'm trying to avoid for my family.
    Its A Blaze! ~~ Natural Redhead ~~
    P411
    Please no reviews at this time, thank you.
    Massage & Reg Session

Verified Hobbyist BCD Jugglover's Avatar
    I think one of the reasons for price increases on items on prime, is the amazon return policy. I used to sell on amazon, but 1 out of every 5 orders would be returned on my dime. Compared to my website where I get 1 out of maybe 800 returned and it’s always been something I overlooked before letting it out the door. Amazon customers just buy shit, and return it all willy nilly for no reason other then to waste time, materials, and other people’s money. I no longer sell on amazon because of that, their high percentage from each sale, as well as their photo policy. The products I sold needed the product pictured on another product,.. just having a picture of what I make by itself wth a white background,.. Hell I wouldn’t be able to tell you what it did or what it was for by that main picture.
    With that said,... I use amazon daily buying all kinds of stuff for my business and for Christmas. However I try to never return anything unless it really is garbage or arrives broken.

Verified Hobbyist BCD Slowhanz57's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    no shipping and zero tax.
    Be careful, Ms. Capone. ;-)

Verified Companion Companion Blaze's Avatar
    Due to lack of preparedness on my part yesterday, stopped into a B&M to pick up some e-liq. So much for what their text said. I paid state and local. Just saying if the opportunity exists, especially on higher tagged items, go rogue!
    Its A Blaze! ~~ Natural Redhead ~~
    P411
    Please no reviews at this time, thank you.
    Massage & Reg Session

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3