Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Amazon Prime WTF? Price increase.

Verified Companion Companion Blaze's Avatar

Amazon Prime WTF? Price increase.

It started years ago at $79 a yr, then they bumped it up to $99 a yr. Then just a bit ago I got an email that it will be $119 in July when it renews! That's $40 in just a few years and personally I don't see any pluses for me. They better add to the free movie content with stuff that's good and new!!!

Rawrrrrr, is not happee but that. I'm still salty over having to pay state tax on my purchases now.

I can say this although, it is nice to have your account set to business if you can prove it, it's a simple process. Because anytime you call in they have to transfer you to business customer service. You always get to speak with someone who speaks perfect English and they are in the U.S. Not fond of the bland UI, but being able to have a conversation that is understandable is amazing.
    Its A Blaze! ~~ Natural Redhead ~~
    P411
    Please no reviews at this time, thank you.
    Massage & Reg Session

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    I saw that. I'll be re-evaluating the value proposition of Amazon Prime for sure.

Verified Hobbyist BCD
    I dropped mine a few years back. I just never bought enough there to warrant the benefits of the free two day shipping, and most of the video content I wanted to stream was not free on amazon anyway.

Still cheaper than cable or sat, no junk channels or commercials. Then we have the option of adding premium channels for one month subscriptions and occasionally great finds in warehouse deals or the unicorn find. I will keep it, but just not happy bout it. My needs are relatively simple these days so I don't purchase much. It is getting harder to find great deals, at least for the things I look for.
    P411
    Massage & Reg Session

Verified Hobbyist BCD Slowhanz57's Avatar
    On many things, if you check, you'll find that the price of things which can also be found at Target, and sometimes Walmart, aren't that far off of Amazon. I've found several items in the last two months that Target and Walmart were within pennies of each other. I got a Target Red Card, and I get 5% off of everything at Target. Often that means cheapest at Target.
    According to the multiverse theory there exists an alternate universe where I have the body of a Greek god, I'm filthy rich, have a magnetic personality, and women adore me for more than an hour at a time. I must find that universe, go there, kill that guy and take his place.

My shopping is very methodical, each store I only get certain things. I try not to shop out of my way with the exception of Sprouts. It's amazing at how much money you don't spend if you don't use a shopping cart, arm/hand carrying only. Personally for the things I shop for are more expensive at Target. I've always thought that. I don't cook processed foods, they taste yucky to me. I use bleach and vinegar to clean along with Dawn. I hate shopping for the most part. If I can stay in of doors and have it delivered for as much as it would cost to purchase local,,, YaY. I wonder what the quality of the produce is for the markets that have that option? I only shop at Sprouts since shelf and fridge life beats Reasors. Plus the food actually tastes like it's suppose to.
    P411
    Massage & Reg Session

Still Looking Around
    Student discount $49, ive paiid tens if not not hundreds of thousands

Quote Originally Posted by greenbook View Post
    Student discount $49, ive paiid tens if not not hundreds of thousands
    OMG, I didn’t know about the student account! Thanks!

Verified Companion Companion DallasRain's Avatar
    I have the amazon prime...but it well pays for itself....my two kids use the prime for their orders...and I order my sex toys and condoms and lube off Amazon.....and I use it for streaming with my Roku.... I watch tv shows and stream live music...and when grandkids visit we stream movies.... Even do youtube with it....and the grandkids use it to stream video games on their kindles...it is way cheaper than cable!
    Texas in late April/early May!!

480-204-5151
    harleydee69@gmail.com

NEW VIDEOS..selling short video clips....I accept paypal or cash app,venmo or CASH

I’m totally addicted to Amazon Prime Now. I order and get groceries and other household stuff from there delivered 4-5 times a week. I always order $35+ and so I get free 2 hour delivery. The only extra charge is the tip.

Verified Companion danielle silver's Avatar
    Definitely worth the membership if you use it..

Quote Originally Posted by B Three View Post
    I’m totally addicted to Amazon Prime Now. I order and get groceries and other household stuff from there delivered 4-5 times a week. I always order $35+ and so I get free 2 hour delivery. The only extra charge is the tip.
    You tip the delivery person? Why?
    P411
    Massage & Reg Session

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    You tip the delivery person? Why?
    Because I value the service and without it, people would not make enough to make it worthwhile for them to do that job. You can include a tip in the original order, but you have a certain amount of time to change it if you are unhappy with the service. I also tip my uber driver for the same reason.

Registered (Not Verified)
    Off topic - B Three you are looking really hot!! Love your profile pic!

I agree tipping deliveries and uber is the right thing to do. Tipping to people who offer a service to you regularly generally leads to better service and them appreciating you back.

Verified Hobbyist BCD Slowhanz57's Avatar
    I tip the lady who cuts my hair each time. Plus at Christmas I give her a Christmas card with an amount that's about two haircuts. First Christmas she was so surprised. She said I'm the only one of her customers who does that. My folks taught me the custom when I was a kid.

Manners, class and civility seem to be dying a not-so-slow death, evidently.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast